Compliance, Operations & Risk Excellence Director, Open to flexible working
Compliance, Operations & Risk Excellence Director - Pharma External Supply Chain
The Compliance, Operations and Risk Excellence (CORE) Director is a key player in the Pharma External Supply group, working closely with the Leadership Team and providing compliance, risk, business system and process leadership, expertise and support across the whole ES organisation. You will be responsible for the development and implementation of operational and compliance strategies that create and ensure robust, compliant and consistent ways of working. Additionally, you will deliver, embed and continually develop a robust risk management process.
In delivering these responsibilities and business improvements you will be a major support to External Supply, partnering with cross-functional teams and individuals to develop capability and deliver process design, implementation and testing etc. Coupling broad supply chain knowledge with a continuous improvement leaning, you will help the business maintain compliance performance, audit readiness, risk management and positive patient impact, while also leading and influencing the ES Digital Data and Analytics strategic deliverables (key interface with Central Tech).
This is a highly varied, visible and networked role. It will allow you the chance to connect, experience and deliver across E2E supply chains, as well as to build varied networks throughout GSK and our external partners. There are a lot of learning opportunities and new areas to get involved in, which will be further shaped by the choices and direction set by you once in role, given this position is key in defining and implementing strategic priorities with senior ES leadership.
Key Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Shaping and delivering the business strategy in External Supply for Compliance, Risk and Operations, ensuring processes are in place, in use, and continually developed
- Partnering with PSC Compliance, Crisis Risk and Insurance Management, Crisis and Continuity Management groups to ensure ES actions support GSK goals in these areas
- Providing leadership, coaching and support across External Supply (including the SLT) in the application of key processes, insights, compliance and risk management
- Collaborating with procurement and with tech to develop, implement, review and optimise processes and systems that support ES CORE
- Line management of the CORE team (4 individuals) including recruitment, training, performance development and more
- Delivering CORE management that ensures performance in areas such as; management Monitoring Audit Programme, Distribution Risk Assessments, ABAC Business Processes, Conflict Materials and more
- Developing and maintaining relationships with a range of internal functions including procurement, logistics, quality, technical, legal and more, as required to implement high level improvements in compliance and risk
CLOSING DATE for applications: Thursday 20th January (COB)
Please take a copy of the Job Description, as this will not be available post closure of the advert.
Required Qualifications and experience:
- Significant experience in Supply Chain, ideally with breadth and diversity (e.g. experience in external and internal supply, experience in both a central and a site role etc.)
- Experience in the Pharmaceutical Industry
- Hands on experience working on Supply Chain related Risk, Tech or Process Design
- Strong understanding of supply chain related processes and systems
- Hands on experience of change management projects
- Previous leadership and team development experience
Preferred Qualifications and experience:
- Degree qualified in a relevant business discipline
- Previous experience in a central supply chain role
- Skills in systems, data manipulation and analytics
- Adept communication skills, stakeholder and interface management
At GSK, we have already delivered unprecedented change over the past four years, improving R&D, becoming a leader in Consumer Healthcare, strengthening our leadership, and transforming our commercial execution. Now, we’re making the most significant changes we’ve made to our business in over 20 years. We’re on track to separate and create two new companies in 2022: New GSK with a leading portfolio of vaccines and specialty medicines as well as R&D based on immune system and genetics science; and a new world-leading consumer healthcare company of loved and trusted brands.
With new ambition comes new purpose. For New GSK, this is to unite science, talent, and technology to get ahead of disease together – all with the clear ambition of delivering human health impact; stronger and more sustainable shareholder returns; and as a new GSK where outstanding people thrive.
Getting ahead means preventing disease as well as treating it. How we do all this is through our people and our culture. A culture that is ambitious for patients – so we deliver what matters better and faster; accountable for impact – with clear ownership of goals and support to succeed; and where we do the right thing. So, if you’re ready to improve the lives of billions, join us at this exciting moment in our journey. Join our challenge to get Ahead Together.
As a company driven by our values of Patient focus, Transparency, Respect and Integrity, we know inclusion and diversity are essential for us to be able to succeed. We want all our colleagues to thrive at GSK bringing their unique experiences, ensuring they feel good and to keep growing their careers. As a candidate for a role, we want you to feel the same way.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we are open to all talent. In the US, we also adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, colour, national origin, religion, gender, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class*(*US only).
We believe in an agile working culture for all our roles. If flexibility is important to you, we encourage you to explore with our hiring team what the opportunities are.
As you apply, we will ask you to share some personal information which is entirely voluntary. We want to have an opportunity to consider a diverse pool of qualified candidates and this information will assist us in meeting that objective and in understanding how well we are doing against our inclusion and diversity ambitions. We would really appreciate it if you could take a few moments to complete it. Rest assured, Hiring Managers do not have access to this information and we will treat your information confidentially.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.