Senior Brand Manager, Payer Marketing, Open to flexible working
5 days left
- Contract Type
The role is responsible for helping to deliver the growth of Trelegy and Anoro market share through the Payer Market Access team and engaging with senior stakeholders within the NHS.
This role requires you to have an understanding of the NHS stakeholders at ICS, CCG, PCN level that can influence prescribing decisions at a system level. You will be joining a highly successful and impactful Payer team and reporting to the Director of Payer Propositions.
You will need to be able to assess the environment to understand the challenges across the UK, to define suitable strategies and tactics to ensure performance metrics are met through the Payer Market Access team. You will need to make data driven decisions based on current lead and lag measures and be able to priorities key activities and strategies that will drive performance with Payers.
The Senior Brand Manager will be responsible for delivering key marketing tactics, both via digital and via the field force. This will include building internal belief in the marketing messages and tools. There will be a requirement to work closely with the medical signatories and other key internal stakeholders in the organisation to utilise cross functional knowledge for delivering excellence.
‘Be You’ at GSK
At GSK, we're a company with a purpose to help people do more, feel better and live longer. We realise that our purpose starts with us. When we feel at our best, we perform at our best. Therefore, we want all applicants to be able to perform their best throughout the recruitment process.
We will be delighted to hear from talented individuals that align to our values. These are at the heart of everything we do and include: Patient focus, Transparency, Respect, Integrity along with Courage, Accountability, Development, and Teamwork.
When you set out on your adventure at GSK, we make a deal. You commit to living our values and expectations and performing against our Innovation, Performance and Trust priorities. In return, GSK commits to providing the right environment for you to thrive. Together, we build an environment where we can all thrive and focus on what matters most to each of us.
As a modern employer, we empower you to be yourself, share ideas and work collaboratively.
In this role you will
Become a clinical, environmental, customer and competitor knowledge expert to understand what drives payer choice for respiratory patients and differentiation within the UK market to spot opportunities to build payer advocacy for Anoro & Trelegy in order to achieve market access and NHS-led implementation.
- Build an in-depth understanding of:
- The patient and treatment pathways related to COPD and what drives individual and population level choice along the pathway.
- The payer customer journey towards actively driving effective NHS led implementation.
- The environmental and competitor landscape relating to COPD
- This in-depth understanding should be built through:
- Engaging with global market research and initiating UK market research
- Collaborating with the UK central and field teams
- Spending time in-field with Payer customers
Lead the development and implementation of the UK strategy and operational plans to build payer advocacy for Anoro & Trelegy to achieve market access and NHS-led implementation
- Lead the development of UK payer core claims aligned with UK and Global strategy and development of tactics for UK customers (accounting for Clinically focussed and budget focussed population level decision makers)
- Lead the development and implementation of the operational plan to build advocacy and achieve market access and NHS-led implementation. Employ a full multi-channel approach and work across boundaries to ensure a cohesive implementation of strategy.
- Develop the narrative and tools to build payer advocacy (supporting the Respiratory KAM team) in order to achieve market access and NHS-led implementation.
- Oversee the congress and webinar/podcast programme and content to build advocacy amongst payers
- Work across boundaries with RBDs and RAMs to understand internal and external needs to support excellence in delivery of a compelling clinical proposition to build advocacy in respiratory and to achieve market access and NHS-led implementation.
- Offer tailored support to field teams across Priority Accounts and RICs to support major market access decisions or where the Ellipta range has not gained access to formulary/funding or to support NHS-led implementation.
- Identify / escalate data gaps for Key Evidence Generation to support the development of clinical advocacy and the achievement of market access to UK teams (Therapy marketers, Health Outcomes) and Global Franchise teams
- Lead the identification of commercial and compliance risks associated with the delivery of the strategic and operational plan through the Respiratory Directorate risk register and monitoring log.
Actively drive marketing performance and channel effectiveness
- Lead on operational excellence by implementing visual performance management to ensure that every channel is operating at maximial effectiveness and justifying the investment made. This consists of:
- Regularly review plan progress and develop and implement systems and processes that drive excellence in execution through tiered accountability, KPIs, visual metrics, regular performance reviews and effective escalation and resolution of issues
- Track the visible performance of clinical advocacy and market access for the Ellipta range at national and sub-national level (Priority Accounts) – course correcting where needed
Closing Date for Applications: 30th January 2022(COB)
Please take a copy of the Job Description, as this will not be available post closure of the advert.
When applying for this role, please use the ‘cover letter’ of the online application or your CV to describe how you meet the competencies for this role, as outlined in the job requirements above. The information that you have provided in your cover letter and CV will be used to assess your application.
During the course of your application you will be requested to complete voluntary information which will be used in monitoring the effectiveness of our equality and diversity policies. Your information will be treated as confidential and will not be used in any part of the selection process. If you require a reasonable adjustment to the application / selection process to enable you to demonstrate your ability to perform the job requirements, please contact 0808 234 4391. This will help us to understand any modifications we may need to make to support you throughout our selection process.
Qualifications & Skills:
We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
- Significant and demonstrable experience in a leadership or management role
- Significant and demonstrable experience in a leadership or management role
- Established experience in a brand manager position within pharma or medtech
- Experience with Project Management and ownership
- Strong understanding of the NHS and customer groups
- Good understanding of ABPI code of practice
- CIM or other marketing qualification/experience
GSK is a place where outstanding people do amazing things. As a science-led global healthcare company, we exist to help people do more, feel better, live longer. This special purpose – along with our goal of being one of the world’s most innovative, best performing and trusted healthcare companies – helps us attract some of the best and brightest minds in the world.
We take pride in providing access to all and continually focus on our opportunity and obligation to do more to improve inclusion and diversity: for our people inside GSK; in the way we do business; and in the communities where we operate.
We want our company to be a place where diversity of people and thought is valued everywhere and where we’re all able to be ourselves and feel a sense of belonging. An inclusive organization where we all feel valued, engaged and supported, knowing that our work makes an important contribution to our mission. Reinforced by our clear values and expectations, it is part of our DNA. Together we achieve extraordinary things for our patients and consumers, who rely on us each and every day.
As a company driven by our values of Patient focus, Transparency, Respect and Integrity, we know inclusion and diversity are essential for us to be able to succeed. We want all our colleagues to thrive at GSK bringing their unique experiences, ensuring they feel good and to keep growing their careers. As a candidate for a role, we want you to feel the same way.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we are open to all talent. In the US, we also adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, colour, national origin, religion, gender, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class*(*US only).
We believe in an agile working culture for all our roles. If flexibility is important to you, we encourage you to explore with our hiring team what the opportunities are.
As you apply, we will ask you to share some personal information which is entirely voluntary. We want to have an opportunity to consider a diverse pool of qualified candidates and this information will assist us in meeting that objective and in understanding how well we are doing against our inclusion and diversity ambitions. We would really appreciate it if you could take a few moments to complete it. Rest assured, Hiring Managers do not have access to this information and we will treat your information confidentially.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.