Consultant, Financial Investors, Indirect Tax, Open to flexible working & returners
Consultant, Financial Investors, Indirect Tax, London / National Locations
The Indirect Tax Team has grown rapidly over the last 5 years and to continue that growth needs high calibre additional resource at Consultant level. Our team is regarded within the firm as one of the leading and most successful service lines, with a reputation for being proactive, entrepreneurial, successful and fun to work with. We reward our employees on merit and not time served.
Working for us will present you with the opportunity to get involved with high profile clients and expand your horizons.
The Financial Investors VAT team sits within the Indirect Tax group and primarily works alongside Deloitte's Transactions team - one of the most dynamic and fast-growing areas of the business. The team advises across all aspects of VAT for our financial investor clients - working on many of the highest value private equity and real estate transactions in the country, supporting high profile investment businesses on their VAT positions and advising private equity backed businesses in all sectors.
Team members split their time between providing pragmatic advice on transactions scenarios and building and maintaining advisory relationships. In this way the team develops a well-rounded knowledge of the constantly evolving VAT matters impacting various sectors, including real estate, energy & infrastructure and TMT.
Are you looking to return to the workplace after an extended career break?
For this role we can offer coaching and support designed for returners to refresh your knowledge and skills, and help your transition back into the workplace after a career break of 2 years or more. If this is relevant for you, just let your recruiter know when you make your application.
Working in Deloitte's Financial Investors VAT team will present any new member with the opportunity to become involved in challenging and interesting work, where innovation is welcomed, and team spirit is vibrant and sociable.
Your skill set will be enhanced with us, and there will be plenty of opportunity for you to progress quickly, as you work on engagements involving a diverse range of clients with specific needs and requirements. This may include collaborating and working with our specialist Global Trade Advisory, Compliance and Technology and Litigation, Advisory and Settlement teams depending on your own interests and those of your clients.
As you are given the autonomy to establish your own contacts within a client and reach your own solutions your independence will be accelerated.
It is up to you to take this independence and build your own network. Whilst autonomy is encouraged the team network will always be available when you need support and advice.
You will have responsibility for:
- Leading small teams day-to-day on client engagements (likely to be a balance of transaction projects and advisory work), supported by a Director or Partner
- Assisting with deepening relationships with clients and targets, contributing to winning new work
- Assisting with developing Analysts and Consultants with hands on advice and support
- Input into development of new market opportunities locally, nationally and internationally with an opportunity to lead the market development of the new ideas
- Working closely with colleagues in other parts of the firm, particularly within Transactions
- Helping to shape the culture and goals of the team, ensuring it remains a great place to work
- Having a broader perspective of potential issues encountered when managing diverse teams and the strategies to overcome them; having a clear understanding of the firm's commitment to creating a more inclusive culture
Your work, your choice
At Deloitte we believe the best impact is the value we add, not the hours we sit at our desk. We carefully consider agile ways of working, both formal and informal, that allow for the best impact for our people and our clients. Please speak to your recruiter about the working pattern that works best for you.
Location: All UK Locations considered (Birmingham, Bristol, Cambridge, Edinburgh, Leeds, London, Manchester, Newcastle, Nottingham, Reading, Southampton)
Work pattern: This is a permanent, full time opportunity. Our team members work a variety of agile working patterns. Tell us what arrangement works for you and we'll try to accommodate.
Your professional experience
To qualify for the role you must have:
- CTA or equivalent qualification
- Relevant experience either in practice, industry or with HMRC
- Excellent client facing, relationship building and business development skills, coupled with commercial awareness
- The ability to be proactive, identify opportunities, take early responsibility and lead project teams
Your service line: Tax Consulting
Arguably the most stimulating career environment in our industry, tax at Deloitte is a far cry from tax at other firms. Here, it's all about collaborating with colleagues at the top of their game, across disciplines, for clients who urge us to constantly push the boundaries of our creativity. You'll find a diverse mix of people, all working together to deliver best-in-class advice. And you'll discover a structured programme that will help you develop even greater expertise. From fascinating projects to a wealth of secondment opportunities, both in the UK and overseas, you can enjoy a broad and rich career experience.
Regulation and controls are standard practice in our industry and Deloitte is no exception. These controls provide important legal protection for both you and the firm. We are subject to a number of audit regulations, one of which requires that certain colleagues abide by specific personal independence constraints. This can mean that you and your "Immediate Family Members" are not permitted to hold certain financial interests (shares, funds, bonds etc.) with audit clients of the firm. The recruitment team will provide further detail as you progress through the recruitment process.
Our Purpose & Strategy
To make an impact that matters for our clients, our people and society - defines who we are and what we stand for. Our purpose provides the foundation for our strategy and our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services: this is not about size, it's about being the first choice. The first choice for the largest and most influential clients, and the first choice for the best talent.
What do we do?
Deloitte offers global integrated professional services that include Audit & Assurance, Consulting, Financial Advisory, Legal, Risk Advisory and Tax Consulting. Our approach combines intellectual leadership, industrial expertise, insight, consulting & problem solving capabilities whatever the role, technology revolutions and innovation from multiple disciplines to help our clients excel anywhere in the world.
Beyond the UK: Deloitte North and South Europe
The UK is part of Deloitte North and South Europe (NSE), the second largest member firm in the Deloitte network. Deloitte NSE combines operations in Belgium, Central Mediterranean (Italy, Greece, Malta), Ireland, the Middle East (Bahrain, Cyprus, Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Oman, Palestinian Ruled Territories, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates, Yemen), the Netherlands, the Nordics (Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway and Sweden), Switzerland and the UK. Deloitte NSE brings together 2,700 partners and over 50,000 people, combining our unmatched breadth and depth of capabilities in audit and assurance, consulting, financial advisory, risk advisory, and tax and legal across the region. Being part of Deloitte NSE supports our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services and will create more opportunity and growth for our people.
What do we value?
What brings us all together at Deloitte? It's how we approach the thousands of decisions we make every day. How we behave, our beliefs and our attitudes. In other words: our values. Whatever we do, wherever we are in the world, we lead the way, serve with integrity, take care of each other, foster inclusion, and collaborate for maximum impact. These five shared values lead every decision we make and action we take, guiding us to deliver impact how and where it matters most.
Being a Leader at Deloitte
Cultural fit and purpose-led leadership is crucial for Deloitte. Our leaders always set the example and inspire their colleagues. They make quality time for people and take an interest in them. They know what matters to people - both inside and outside work - and value them as individuals; always finding opportunities to develop them while showing respect and appreciation.
We expect colleagues at all levels to embrace and live our purpose and our leadership culture by challenging themselves to identify issues that are most important for our clients, our people, and for society and make an impact that matters. We know leadership comes in all shapes and sizes, but our Leadership Charter helps all of our people understand what we're looking for:
- We live our purpose: we act as a role model, embracing and living our purpose and values, and recognising others for the impact they make
- We develop talent: we develop high-performing people and teams through challenging and meaningful opportunities
- We drive performance: we deliver exceptional client service; maximise results and drive high performance from people while fostering collaboration across businesses and borders
- We believe positive influence can make an impact that matters: we influence clients, teams, and individuals positively, leading by example and establishing confident relationships with increasingly senior people
- We move, together, towards a strategic direction: we understand key objectives for clients and Deloitte, aligning people to objectives and setting priorities and direction.
Please click 'Apply' to submit your application