UKI Assurance - Public Sector Audit Senior Manager, Open to flexible working
From small businesses to some of the world’s best-known brands, our clients count on reliable financial statements, information and processes to inform their ongoing strategies. More than ever, business is about interpreting and reacting to complex data — and they look to us for advice and services they can trust every time. You’ll use your professional skills and experience to make it happen, handling complex audit procedures across a broad range of industries and responsibilities.
With opportunities based in our Manchester Office, you’ll help our clients meet their reporting requirements by accurately reporting on financial statements and providing meaningful insights into accounting and reporting matters. In return, you can expect leading-class learning and development tailored to your unique interests and motivations. You’ll be given all the skills, knowledge and opportunities to progress and become ready to build a better working world for our people, our clients and the communities that support us.
Your key responsibilities
Everything you’ll do will come back to providing exceptional audit activities for our public sector clients. Colleagues and clients from a diverse array of backgrounds will look to you first for answers, so you’ll be a high-profile contact when it comes to resolving complex issues. You'll also be introduced to career challenges that will take you into exciting new professional territory. Your goal will be to help clients achieve their potential - and you can expect to do the same.
Skills and attributes for success
- Lead and coordinate the planning and management of assignments;
- Ensure the technical correctness and presentational standards of all client deliverables;
- Deliver value to the client by providing knowledge, ideas and solutions for improving the business;
- Assign a team that will meet and exceed the clients' expectations in standards of service and client care;
- Develop and maintain an appropriate external network of business contacts;
- Manage the delivery of other services to designated clients.
To qualify for the role you must have
- ACA/CA/ACCA (ICAEW, ICAS, Irish Institute or equivalent international qualification) - preferably first time passes
- Experience leading the planning, execution and reporting on audits
- Proven project management skills
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills and a collaborative approach to management
- Proven experience in delivering external audit and assurance engagements
- Excellent technical expertise with proven industry knowledge in Government and/or Public Sector
- Previous experience at Audit Senior Manager level
Ideally, you’ll also have:
- Experience using SOX 404 and applying UK GAAP and IFRS
What we look for
We’re interested in leaders with a genuine creative vision and the confidence to make it happen. You can expect plenty of autonomy in this role, so you’ll also need the ability to take initiative and seek out opportunities to improve our current relationships and processes. If you’re serious about auditing and ready to take on some of our clients’ most complex issues, this role is for you.
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, we offer:
- Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.
Please note: Prior to finalizing your application, you will be asked to provide personal information across several dimensions of diversity and inclusiveness. The information you provide is kept entirely confidential and will not be used to evaluate your candidacy. We collect this data to help us analyse our recruitment process holistically and implement actions that promote diversity and inclusiveness. While optional, we encourage you to provide this information to hold us accountable towards our goal of building a better working world. Read more about our commitment to diversity & inclusiveness here. We ask because it matters!
We’re building the workplace of the future at EY – a place that’s smarter, more inclusive, more dynamic and more flexible. We're embracing change and helping our clients to adapt - to create more inclusive economic growth. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Join us in building a better working world.