Head of CTO Skills Transformation, Open to flexible working
Right now, we’re on an incredible journey as we prepare to become the first independent, 100% focused consumer healthcare company. We’re doing this at a time when the work we do has never mattered more. Better everyday health is about improving the health and wellness of the consumers that we touch every year – over a billion and a half of them – and it goes beyond products. It’s about truly helping people manage their health proactively in different ways as consumer needs evolve.
With category leading brands such as Sensodyne, Voltaren and Centrum, built on trusted science and human understanding, and combined with our passion, knowledge and expertise, we’re uniquely placed to do this and to grow a strong, successful business.
This is an exciting time to join us and help shape the future. It’s an opportunity to be part of something special.
Head of Skills Transformation
This role is accountable for defining and enabling the Tech Skills Transformation strategy; as well as accountability for operationalizing, re-shaping over time, supporting and amplifying the Tech skills development priorities in support of the overall Tech Capability Development remit and other key Tech priorities as needed. The Lead will oversee the central standard skills transformation plan with direct accountability for defined results and the achievement of collaborative cross-organisational and cross-geo objectives.
- Defines and implements the CTO colleague engagement strategy
- Accountable for creating the CTO Tech learning strategy alongside the OCTO, embedding a continuous learning mindset in colleagues, and ensuring capacity provided in their workload to encourage growth and development
- Drives the successful uptake of our Skills Transformation through a matrix of capability leads and learning cohort leads across Tech applying Agile Ways of Working to ensure that our global practices reflect consistent terminology, approaches, methodologies and operating models where appropriate.
- Ability to partner with stakeholders across Tech and across the organisation using data driven methodologies to identify learning opportunities and success rates
- Demonstrates strong capability to find opportunities and influence forward progression utilising full eco-system of learning material, to proactively enable upskilling
- Develops and uses internal and external partnerships and networks to improve the achievement of business goals.
- Demonstrates solid grasp in learning and development, technology, Partner enablement and value driven analysis.
APPLICATION CLOSING DATE – 25th January 2022
Please take a copy of the Job Description, as this will not be available post closure of the advert.
When applying for this role, please use the ‘cover letter’ of the online application or your CV to describe how you meet the competencies for this role, as outlined in the job requirements above. The information that you have provided in your cover letter and CV will be used to assess your application.
Qualifications & Skills:
- Strong relationship and stakeholder influence with business-critical partners and stakeholders
- Strong leadership skills with experience working across geographies to influence the achievement of common goal and strategic priorities at pace.
- Tech professional with leadership experience in Learning and Development, engaging Strategic Partners, demonstrated experience with Agile ways of working, upskilling, organisational change management, and technical skills development.
- Innovative, inspiring leader. Comfortable with a balance of ambiguity and the ability to embrace and proactively drive skills transformation evolution.
- Highly professional and authentic role model of GSK values & expectations.
- Experience of building organisational capability. Passionate about lifelong learning and development.
Preferred Qualifications & Skills:
- Strong influencing, engagement and presentation skills - requires cross-enterprise global stakeholder management, alignment of function-level leader activity with enterprise strategic goals.
- Awareness of Agile ways of working, Technology and Digital to build credibility to stakeholders.
- Experience in using strategic partners to deliver results.
- Ability to focus on the things that make a difference and get things done.
- Demonstrable ability to take responsibility, solve problems and deliver in a challenging, time-sensitive environment.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
In Consumer Healthcare we embrace our diverse workforce by creating an inclusive environment that celebrates our unique perspectives, generates curiosity to create unmatched understanding of each other, and promotes fair and equitable outcomes for everyone.
We’re striving to create a climate where we celebrate our diversity in all forms by treating each other with respect, listening to different viewpoints, supporting our communities, and creating a workplace where your authentic self belongs and thrives.
New Consumer Healthcare HQ:
Recently we’ve shared some exciting proposals with our colleagues which mark an important moment in our preparations for separation and becoming a new, standalone Consumer Healthcare company.
Our preparations are going well. GSK is on track to separate in mid-2022 and create two incredible new companies, each with the ability to improve the health of millions of patients and consumers worldwide, and both great places to work.
We’ve already confirmed that our new Consumer Healthcare company will be headquartered in the UK and the first step we’re taking is to announce proposals to move our CH business from our current location in GSK House in Brentford when we separate, into a new, CH headquarters in Weybridge. This will be a temporary, but important move in the short term, whilst we take this opportunity to design for the future and create an inspiring, flexible, collaborative workspace that meets the changing needs of our people and our business needs.
Inspired by our new culture and purpose, and with a commitment to our sustainability goals, we plan to build a new campus close by which would be home to our headquarters teams, our UK business, our global Oral Health category, R&D and innovation teams, as well as a state-of-the-art Shopper Science lab.
As a company driven by our values of Patient focus, Transparency, Respect and Integrity, we know inclusion and diversity are essential for us to be able to succeed. We want all our colleagues to thrive at GSK bringing their unique experiences, ensuring they feel good and to keep growing their careers. As a candidate for a role, we want you to feel the same way.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we are open to all talent. In the US, we also adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, colour, national origin, religion, gender, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class*(*US only).
We believe in an agile working culture for all our roles. If flexibility is important to you, we encourage you to explore with our hiring team what the opportunities are.
As you apply, we will ask you to share some personal information which is entirely voluntary. We want to have an opportunity to consider a diverse pool of qualified candidates and this information will assist us in meeting that objective and in understanding how well we are doing against our inclusion and diversity ambitions. We would really appreciate it if you could take a few moments to complete it. Rest assured, Hiring Managers do not have access to this information and we will treat your information confidentially.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.