Communications Coordinator, Open to flexible working
Reporting to: Communications Manager
Hours: Full time (35 hours per week)
Location: The Building Centre, 26 Store Street, London, WC1E 7BT
Build UK is the leading representative organisation for the UK construction industry. Offering influential and dynamic leadership, Build UK is transforming the delivery of construction projects for the benefit of the industry, its clients, and the UK economy. Representing more than 40% of UK construction, Build UK creates the conditions for supply chains to thrive by delivering change on key industry issues.
Our friendly team is based in offices in central London where we have a vacancy for a Communications Coordinator who will be responsible for supporting the delivery of all Build UK communications with a particular emphasis on enhancing our online presence.
About the Role
The role involves working with Build UK’s members, the national and trade press, and a range of stakeholders, service providers and sponsors. The right candidate will make a positive and visible impact on the quality of communications delivered by Build UK as well as its profile within the construction industry.
You would be expected to develop an understanding of the business of Build UK and its members and be capable of communicating with and providing information to businesses, both large and small. You will be confident and dynamic, have the ability to prioritise a busy workload, project a professional image and have outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
- Professional and consistent ‘look and feel’ for communications
- Engaging and topical online presence particularly through our social media channels
- Increased profile of Build UK and its members within the industry
- Effective communication with members and stakeholders
- Coordinated and regular contact with national and trade press
- Productive relationships with service providers
- Active contributor to a highly motivated and effective team
- Drafting compelling member communications with an understanding of brand style and audience
- Sourcing, drafting and promoting engaging and timely content for Build UK press releases, articles and social media, with attention to tone of voice and house style
- Coordinating activity for all social media accounts including Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook and YouTube, using analytics and an understanding of sector issues to drive results
- Implementing changes to the Build UK website using WordPress and online content management systems and monitoring it to make sure information remains up to date
- Creating and developing membership information, including HTML newsletters using MailChimp
- Working with the Communications Manager to create marketing collateral including adverts, brochures, policy reports and other promotional materials, often working in partnership with our design agency
- Maintaining media contact database and responding to media queries
- Supporting the Communications Manager to ensure editorial and quality control for all communications
- Developing and delivering internal communication tools
Experience & Skills
- Educated to degree level or equivalent with outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Experience in marketing communications and working with the media
- Experience of content management systems, website management software (WordPress) and basic HTML coding
- Working knowledge of Photoshop and InDesign
- Creative flair with exceptional attention to detail
- Excellent organisational skills with ability to multi-task across a number of different projects in a fast-paced environment
- Well-presented and professional approach
Build UK Core Values
- Corporate Image - Ensuring commitment and attention to detail with a particular focus on the consistent and professional appearance of Build UK at all times
- Credibility - Delivering honestly and effectively each and every time whilst having the confidence to say that more information is required before an answer can be given
- Innovation - Being prepared to take risks and make decisions that push traditional boundaries resulting in new and innovative projects and ways of working
- Delivery - Taking ownership and responsibility for tasks, preparing for all eventualities, and seeing commitments through to the end
- Team - Playing to the team’s strengths and providing encouragement and support to colleagues as well as debriefing effectively and learning lessons with a view to continuous improvement.
To apply please submit your CV and supporting statement via the application method below.
Apply for Communications Coordinator, Open to flexible working
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly