HR Manager, Part time 18 hours per week
4 days left
- Contract Type
Society of London Theatre (SOLT) and the UK Theatre Association (UK Theatre) work on behalf of our Members to promote excellence and professional development, campaigning to improve resilience and increase audiences across the theatre sector.
We are now seeking a Human Resources Manager to join us on a part-time basis working 18 hours per week. This post will provide an HR service to SOLT and UKT staff only and not to our members.
- Salary of £22,695 per year (based on a full time salary of £44,129)
- 22 days' annual leave (pro rata)
- Contributory pension scheme
- Life assurance scheme
- Income protection scheme
This is the ideal role for an HR professional with an excellent grasp of employment law and EDI to join the UK’s leading theatre and performing arts membership organisations.
You will be playing an integral role in supporting our employees, while ensuring diversity and equality within our workplace.
If you are looking for a varied and exciting role where you can make a positive impact, we want to hear from you!
As a Human Resources Manager, you will offer HR support, advice and guidance to all staff across SOLT and UK Theatre.
You will ensure fair representation and inclusion, as you oversee recruitment activity, communicating with agencies regarding job advertisements and applications, and support line managers in the delivery of the induction process for new staff. You will manage the appraisal process along with absence and holiday monitoring. You will coordinate employee training and development.
Staying attuned to best Human Resources practice, you will support and coach our management team when handling employee matters, such as grievances, disciplinaries, absences and welfare matters.
To be considered as a Human Resources Manager, you will need:
- A minimum of five years’ experience working in a human resources role within a busy office environment
- Up to date knowledge of Employment Law and forthcoming changes, best practice and a thorough understanding of the practical application of Employment Law
- An understanding of, and commitment to, equality, diversity and inclusion
- Competence in all Microsoft Office Packages
- Demonstrable ability to manage conflicting priorities and workload
- Effective communication, influencing and persuasion skills together with evidence of success in building and forming working relationships
- An ability to gain trust and confidence and demonstrate integrity in the provision of advice and support on complex human resources issues
The closing date for this role is 31 January 2022.
Due to a high number of applications, unsuccessful candidates will not be contacted.
Other organisations may call this role HR Manager, HR Generalist, Human Resources Generalist, Senior HR Advisor, Senior Human Resources Advisor, or Employee Relations Manager.
Webrecruit and Society of London Theatre are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
So, if you have the experience we’re looking for in a Human Resources Manager, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.