Assistant Manager/Manager (Sports Transactions), Sports Business Group, Open to flexible working
Assistant Manager/Manager (Sports Transactions), Sports Business Group, Financial Advisory
We are currently recruiting for three Deloitte Sports Business Group roles; candidates are requested to only apply to one of the opportunities.
The Sports Business Group at Deloitte is a market-leading team of specialist advisors working exclusively on sports assignments, bringing commercial, financial, strategic and business knowledge to solve the key challenges facing sports’ leading organisations.
The Sports Business Group also publishes renowned industry commentaries, including the Deloitte Annual Review of Football Finance and the Deloitte Football Money League.
We are currently looking to expand our team by recruiting for an Assistant Manager/Manager based in Manchester.
The successful candidate will have responsibility for delivering, and leading, the Group’s projects in the sports investment market. This includes advising purchasers and vendors on prospective acquisitions and divestments of sports related businesses (e.g. sports teams, leagues, international sports federations, media rights agencies, etc.)
As an Assistant Manager / Manager you will have the opportunity to be instrumental in the delivery of the most impactful transactions within the sports sector, and you will:
- Work effectively in diverse teams within an inclusive team culture where people are recognised for their contribution;
- Gain experience of the sports transactions market, developing expert knowledge of the business side of sports;
- Conduct financial and / or commercial due diligence exercises for clients acquiring and / or divesting the most high-profile sports assets around the world;
- Manage, or be a key contributor to, project teams to deliver an impact that matters for our clients;
- Be comfortable working to deal related deadlines, adding value on high-profile projects;
- Deliver sports business, finance and commercial analysis;
- Lead and manage client relationships as part of project delivery;
- Be provided with coaching from significantly experienced advisors within the Sports Business Group who have advised on major sports transactions;
- Manage the Sports Business Group’s sports transactions database;
- Coach and develop other more junior team members to become high-performing advisors on sports transactions; and
- Collaborate with colleagues in producing the Group’s key publications (Annual Review of Football Finance and Deloitte Football Money League).
Your work, your choice
At Deloitte we believe the best impact is the value we add, not the hours we sit at our desk. We carefully consider agile ways of working, both formal and informal, that allow for the best impact for our people and our clients. Please speak to your recruiter about the working pattern that works best for you.
Work pattern: Permanent full-time
Your professional experience
- M&A experience at a leading professional services firm, boutique transaction advisory firms and / or the sports business market itself;
- An accountancy or other financially led professional qualification or MBA;
- Experience of delivering financial and / or commercial due diligence exercises;
- Proven interest in, and understanding of, the sports business market, with a particular focus on the topic of investment in sport;
- Experience of leading workstreams within a context of a deal and managing projects is desirable;
- Strong financial and analytical skills;
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, both oral and written;
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office (in particular Microsoft PowerPoint & Excel);
- A committed, flexible and team-oriented working style;
- A clear understanding of the firm’s commitment to creating a more inclusive culture;
- A broader perspective of potential issues encountered when managing diverse teams and the strategies to overcome them.
Your service line: Financial Advisory
Advising clients in the moments that define their business takes multiple layers of expertise. Much more than due diligence, this is about diverse teams of specialists coming together, crossing service lines and international borders to tackle the many, complex issues involved in major transactions. And we have one of the broadest networks in the business. Here, you’ll find fascinating, career-building projects, market leading approaches, cutting-edge resources, huge clients and inspirational colleagues. As well as opportunities to develop a deep industry or product specialism.
Regulation and controls are standard practice in our industry and Deloitte is no exception. These controls provide important legal protection for both you and the firm. We are subject to a number of audit regulations, one of which requires that certain colleagues abide by specific personal independence constraints. This can mean that you and your "Immediate Family Members" are not permitted to hold certain financial interests (shares, funds, bonds etc.) with audit clients of the firm. The recruitment team will provide further detail as you progress through the recruitment process.
Our Purpose & Strategy
To make an impact that matters for our clients, our people and society - defines who we are and what we stand for. Our purpose provides the foundation for our strategy and our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services: this is not about size, it's about being the first choice. The first choice for the largest and most influential clients, and the first choice for the best talent.
What do we do?
Deloitte offers global integrated professional services that include Audit & Assurance, Consulting, Financial Advisory, Legal, Risk Advisory and Tax Consulting. Our approach combines intellectual leadership, industrial expertise, insight, consulting & problem solving capabilities whatever the role, technology revolutions and innovation from multiple disciplines to help our clients excel anywhere in the world.
Beyond the UK: Deloitte North and South Europe
The UK is part of Deloitte North and South Europe (NSE), the second largest member firm in the Deloitte network. Deloitte NSE combines operations in Belgium, Central Mediterranean (Italy, Greece, Malta), Ireland, the Middle East (Bahrain, Cyprus, Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Oman, Palestinian Ruled Territories, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates, Yemen), the Netherlands, the Nordics (Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway and Sweden), Switzerland and the UK. Deloitte NSE brings together 2,700 partners and over 50,000 people, combining our unmatched breadth and depth of capabilities in audit and assurance, consulting, financial advisory, risk advisory, and tax and legal across the region. Being part of Deloitte NSE supports our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services and will create more opportunity and growth for our people.
What do we value?
What brings us all together at Deloitte? It’s how we approach the thousands of decisions we make every day. How we behave, our beliefs and our attitudes. In other words: our values. Whatever we do, wherever we are in the world, we lead the way, serve with integrity, take care of each other, foster inclusion, and collaborate for maximum impact. These five shared values lead every decision we make and action we take, guiding us to deliver impact how and where it matters most.
Being a Leader at Deloitte
Cultural fit and purpose-led leadership is crucial for Deloitte. Our leaders always set the example and inspire their colleagues. They make quality time for people and take an interest in them. They know what matters to people - both inside and outside work – and value them as individuals; always finding opportunities to develop them while showing respect and appreciation.
We expect colleagues at all levels to embrace and live our purpose and our leadership culture by challenging themselves to identify issues that are most important for our clients, our people, and for society and make an impact that matters. We know leadership comes in all shapes and sizes, but our Leadership Charter helps all of our people understand what we’re looking for:
- We live our purpose: we act as a role model, embracing and living our purpose and values, and recognising others for the impact they make
- We develop talent: we develop high-performing people and teams through challenging and meaningful opportunities
- We drive performance: we deliver exceptional client service; maximise results and drive high performance from people while fostering collaboration across businesses and borders
- We believe positive influence can make an impact that matters: we influence clients, teams, and individuals positively, leading by example and establishing confident relationships with increasingly senior people
- We move, together, towards a strategic direction: we understand key objectives for clients and Deloitte, aligning people to objectives and setting priorities and direction.
Please click 'Apply' to submit your application