Assistant Manager/Manager (Financial Regulations), Sports Business Group, Open to flexible working
Assistant Manager/Manager (Financial Regulations), Sports Business Group, Financial Advisory
We are currently recruiting for three Deloitte Sports Business Group roles; candidates are requested to only apply to one of the opportunities.
The Sports Business Group at Deloitte is a market-leading team of specialist advisors working exclusively on sports assignments, bringing commercial, financial, strategic and business knowledge to solve the key challenges facing leading sports organisations.
The Sports Business Group also publishes renowned industry commentaries, including the Deloitte Annual Review of Football Finance and the Deloitte Football Money League.
We are currently looking to expand our team by recruiting for an Assistant Manager/Manager based in Manchester.
The successful candidate’s primary responsibility will be focused on our work with International Federations / Governing Bodies / League / competition organisers in developing and implementing practical and effective financial regulations.
Examples of previous Sports Business Group client projects can be found in the Case Studies section of the Group’s website: www.deloitte.co.uk/sportsbusinessgroup
As an Assistant Manager / Manager focused on financial regulations you will:
- Gain experience across a range of sports on a variety of strategic and operational projects, with a focus on work in respect of financial regulations in sport;
- In respect of financial regulations in sport, utilise and build experience of accounting, financial reporting, compliance monitoring and legal matters;
- Take a team role in supporting clients, developing and using outstanding technical, communication and relationship-building skills on sports business projects;
- Be comfortable working to project deadlines, adding value on high-profile projects;
- Work effectively in diverse teams within an inclusive environment where people are recognised for their contribution; and
- Lead and manage client relationships as part of project delivery.
Your work, your choice
At Deloitte we believe the best impact is the value we add, not the hours we sit at our desk. We carefully consider agile ways of working, both formal and informal, that allow for the best impact for our people and our clients. Please speak to your recruiter about the working pattern that works best for you.
Work pattern: Permanent full-time
Your professional experience
- Qualified accountant with experience of audit work;
- Experience of understanding and analysing financial statements and underlying detailed financial information;
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office (in particular Microsoft PowerPoint, Word and Excel);
- Experience at a top tier management consulting / professional services firm, including experience of building excellent working relationships internal and external to the organisation;
- Strong financial and analytical skills with excellent attention to detail;
- Excellent communication skills (both oral and written), with an ability to write precisely and make complex issues easy to understand;
- A committed, flexible and team-oriented working style with experience of working to deadlines in a fast-paced environment;
- A strong career and academic record;
- Excellent leadership qualities;
- A broader perspective of potential issues encountered when working with diverse teams and the strategies to overcome them; and
- A clear understanding of the firm’s commitment to creating a more inclusive culture.
- Experience of leading teams and managing projects with clients;
- Proven interest in, and understanding of, the sports business market, in particular in respect of financial, accounting, legal and regulatory matters;
- A relevant Degree or MBA.
Your service line: Financial Advisory
Advising clients in the moments that define their business takes multiple layers of expertise. Much more than due diligence, this is about diverse teams of specialists coming together, crossing service lines and international borders to tackle the many, complex issues involved in major transactions. And we have one of the broadest networks in the business. Here, you’ll find fascinating, career-building projects, market leading approaches, cutting-edge resources, huge clients and inspirational colleagues. As well as opportunities to develop a deep industry or product specialism.
Regulation and controls are standard practice in our industry and Deloitte is no exception. These controls provide important legal protection for both you and the firm. We are subject to a number of audit regulations, one of which requires that certain colleagues abide by specific personal independence constraints. This can mean that you and your "Immediate Family Members" are not permitted to hold certain financial interests (shares, funds, bonds etc.) with audit clients of the firm. The recruitment team will provide further detail as you progress through the recruitment process.
Our Purpose & Strategy
To make an impact that matters for our clients, our people and society - defines who we are and what we stand for. Our purpose provides the foundation for our strategy and our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services: this is not about size, it's about being the first choice. The first choice for the largest and most influential clients, and the first choice for the best talent.
What do we do?
Deloitte offers global integrated professional services that include Audit & Assurance, Consulting, Financial Advisory, Legal, Risk Advisory and Tax Consulting. Our approach combines intellectual leadership, industrial expertise, insight, consulting & problem-solving capabilities whatever the role, technology revolutions and innovation from multiple disciplines to help our clients excel anywhere in the world.
Beyond the UK: Deloitte North and South Europe
The UK is part of Deloitte North and South Europe (NSE), the second largest member firm in the Deloitte network. Deloitte NSE combines operations in Belgium, Central Mediterranean (Italy, Greece, Malta), Ireland, the Middle East (Bahrain, Cyprus, Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Oman, Palestinian Ruled Territories, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates, Yemen), the Netherlands, the Nordics (Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway and Sweden), Switzerland and the UK. Deloitte NSE brings together 2,700 partners and over 50,000 people, combining our unmatched breadth and depth of capabilities in audit and assurance, consulting, financial advisory, risk advisory, and tax and legal across the region. Being part of Deloitte NSE supports our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services and will create more opportunity and growth for our people.
What do we value?
What brings us all together at Deloitte? It’s how we approach the thousands of decisions we make every day. How we behave, our beliefs and our attitudes. In other words: our values. Whatever we do, wherever we are in the world, we lead the way, serve with integrity, take care of each other, foster inclusion, and collaborate for maximum impact. These five shared values lead every decision we make and action we take, guiding us to deliver impact how and where it matters most.
Being a Leader at Deloitte
Cultural fit and purpose-led leadership is crucial for Deloitte. Our leaders always set the example and inspire their colleagues. They make quality time for people and take an interest in them. They know what matters to people - both inside and outside work – and value them as individuals; always finding opportunities to develop them while showing respect and appreciation.
We expect colleagues at all levels to embrace and live our purpose and our leadership culture by challenging themselves to identify issues that are most important for our clients, our people, and for society and make an impact that matters. We know leadership comes in all shapes and sizes, but our Leadership Charter helps all of our people understand what we’re looking for:
- We live our purpose: we act as a role model, embracing and living our purpose and values, and recognising others for the impact they make
- We develop talent: we develop high-performing people and teams through challenging and meaningful opportunities
- We drive performance: we deliver exceptional client service; maximise results and drive high performance from people while fostering collaboration across businesses and borders
- We believe positive influence can make an impact that matters: we influence clients, teams, and individuals positively, leading by example and establishing confident relationships with increasingly senior people
- We move, together, towards a strategic direction: we understand key objectives for clients and Deloitte, aligning people to objectives and setting priorities and direction.
Please click 'Apply' to submit your application