STEM and Reprographics Technician - Term Time Only
1 day left
- Contract Type
As a STEM and Reprographics Technician you will be directly responsible to the: Deputy Head (Operations). You will work closely with the Heads of Science and Design and Technology as well as
the House Carousel Coordinator.
Duties and responsibilities as a STEM Technician
The following defines the key aspects within the
- Provide technical and administrative support under the direction of the Heads of Science and Design and Technology as well as the House Carousel Coordinator.
- Work alongside the full time Science and DT technician.
- All ordering of paper, card, stationery etc., needed for the smooth running of the department plus the relevant clerical work within authorisation levels.
- To help maintain all reprographic machinery around the school and arrange for engineer visits for non-working machinery where appropriate.
- To maintain and action jobs within the Reprographics support system.
- Ensure all shredding & recycling materials are appropriately disposed of.
- Ensure that any requests for paper/toner are promptly delivered
- The duties of this post may vary from time to time, as required by the Head teacher, without changing their general character or level of responsibility.
Undertake any additional or revised duties
appropriate to this post
- Able to ensure tasks are carried out in accordance with school policies, maintaining confidentiality as required and working within the school’s safeguarding and health and safety procedures
- Able to be proactive in self-development and training, with support from your Line Manager
- Able to organise methodically, prioritise and plan effectively to meet deadlines.
- To be computer and specifically, Microsoft Office literate with use of Word, Excel, Internet & Email
- Have good communication skills relating well to colleagues, students and families being sensitive, tactful and professional Able to be a team player
- To participate in the School’s appraisal system
Meetings to attend
- Full staff meetings
- Weekly meetings with line managers
- Liaise with Mill Hill Reprographics and Science team with regards to protocol and best practice
Abilities, Skills and Knowledge
- Ability to work as part of a team, form good relationships with other colleagues.
- To be able to form good relationships with the pupils.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality over matters relating to the school, with pupils, staff or parents.
- To be able to ensure the health and safety of all pupils at all times.
- Ability to stay calm and be patient and understanding when dealing with the children.
- To be able to deal fairly and consistently with the children.
- Good communication skills.
- To be responsible for promoting and safeguarding the welfare of children and young people within the school.
- A good sense of humour.
- The ability to work hard, stick to deadlines and cope under pressure.
- To be willing to engage in further training to develop skills.
Please read the supporting job description and person specification for full details.
To apply for this exciting opportunity please send your completed application form via the application method below by Friday 22 June 2018
Apply for STEM and Reprographics Technician - Term Time Only
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly