Executive Search Lead, Open to flexible working - homeworking available
The executive search team in GSK plays a critical role in direct souring candidates & bringing in senior talent to support al business areas. In this role you will have the opportunity to have full accountability for your business area, working with senior HR & business leaders to develop innovative sourcing plans to attract key talent. You will be part of a very experienced team and therefore have full support as team success is key. You will learn about the business area and work with talent leads to support work on succession plans.
We are open to UK or US remote working for this role with some travel to Stevenage (UK)/ Upper Providence (US) required.
This is a great time to join the team in this exciting role where you will:
- Ensure that GSK has the right supply of talent to meet current and future capability demands
- Support the demand for executive level talent with the internal and external supply, with a primary focus on bringing external talent into the organisation.
- Ensure that a proactive approach to talent acquisition delivers high calibre talent to the organisation whilst ensuring key internal talent has the opportunity to grow & develop in GSK
- Leads the talent acquisition activity for senior level vacancies (Director, VP and SVP) including recruitment strategy, sourcing, attraction, selection & assessment
- Accountable for the development and delivery of a plan to source external talent and broker internal talent based on the outputs of talent reviews and succession plans
- Develop strong external pipelines of talent for key roles, skills and capabilities as driven by the business strategy, engaging line leaders as talent spotters and developing deep marketplace knowledge. Includes attendance at key external conferences to represent GSK
- Consult to senior level management based on expertise and credibility in uncovering true talent and capability needs for the business while efficiently assessing talent capability and fit
- Provides talent intelligence to support planning and decision making in the business
- Selecting the most appropriate recruitment & selection methods balancing relevant factors such as quality, cost and speed of hire, while ensuring full compliance with GSK policies
- Manage an executive researcher workload
- Partner with other Executive Recruiters Managers on sharing best practice, key talent and critical vacancies
- Build strong knowledge of third party recruitment partners and their capabilities, to ensure that the most effective search strategy is applied to any given project i.e. whether to use a search partner, Researcher, own sourcing capability
- Experience of leading an Executive search process, with the ability to source, develop and recruit senior level candidates. This experience could be gained in an in house role or through an Executive Search firm
- Specific experience of life sciences recruitment, particularly physicians across the spectrum of medical roles – from translational medicine, to clinical development to medical affairs, and senior scientific roles in emergent and/or competitive disciplines (e.g. Health Outcomes, Regulatory, Oncology and Immuno-Inflammation)
- Experience supporting multiple client groups
- Consulting and influencing at all levels of management including executive level
- Expertise in developing compensation packages for executive level candidates and deal negotiation
- Ability to make independent decisions around day-to-day occurrences while considering the wider impact of decisions and plans on other areas
- Experience managing a challenging and complex workload in an efficient and effective manner
- Working across a dynamic, complex matrix of internal and external stakeholders and customers
- Must work effectively across cultural, language, legislative and geographical boundaries, coaching senior leaders and team members, providing advice and leadership on talent related issues and topics
At GSK, we have already delivered unprecedented change over the past four years, improving R&D, becoming a leader in Consumer Health, strengthening our leadership, and transforming our commercial execution. Now, we’re making the biggest changes we’ve made to our business in over 20 years. We’re on track to separate and create two new companies in 2022: New GSK with a leading portfolio of vaccines and specialty medicines as well as R&D based on immune system and genetics science; and a new world-leading consumer healthcare company of loved and trusted brands.
With new ambition comes new purpose. For New GSK, this is to unite science, talent and technology to get ahead of disease together – all with the clear ambition of delivering human health impact; stronger and more sustainable shareholder returns; and as a new GSK where outstanding people thrive.
Getting ahead means preventing disease as well as treating it. How we do all this is through our people and our culture. A culture that is ambitious for patients – so we deliver what matters better and faster; accountable for impact – with clear ownership of goals and support to succeed; and where we do the right thing. So, if you’re ready to improve the lives of billions, join us at this exciting moment in our journey. Join our challenge to get Ahead Together.
As a company driven by our values of Patient focus, Transparency, Respect and Integrity, we know inclusion and diversity are essential for us to be able to succeed. We want all our colleagues to thrive at GSK bringing their unique experiences, ensuring they feel good and to keep growing their careers. As a candidate for a role, we want you to feel the same way.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we are open to all talent. In the US, we also adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, colour, national origin, religion, gender, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class*(*US only).
We believe in an agile working culture for all our roles. If flexibility is important to you, we encourage you to explore with our hiring team what the opportunities are.
As you apply, we will ask you to share some personal information which is entirely voluntary. We want to have an opportunity to consider a diverse pool of qualified candidates and this information will assist us in meeting that objective and in understanding how well we are doing against our inclusion and diversity ambitions. We would really appreciate it if you could take a few moments to complete it. Rest assured, Hiring Managers do not have access to this information and we will treat your information confidentially.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.