Senior Consultant - HR M&A Transactions (Performance), People Advisory Services (PAS)
Senior Consultant - HR M&A Transactions (Performance), People Advisory Services (PAS), Open to flexibility
Our People Advisory Services practice has over 10,000 practitioners operating within a globally integrated team, bringing their skills, insights and experience to our support our clients.
Our team delivers a suite of services and offerings focused on our client’s people agenda. An overview of our HR and People capabilities includes Organisation Change Management and Design, HR Processes, HR Transformation, Transaction Support, Policies and Strategy, HR Operating and Delivery Model, Reward, Leadership Development and Employment Law.
Driven by our focused insight and innovation, PAS is best positioned to respond to the scale and complexity of how and where our clients work globally, making us the trusted advisor of choice to our clients and creating more opportunities for our people.
In order to drive forward the growth of PAS and to realise our ambition, we are seeking to add a number of talented individuals into the PAS HR Transactions team which sits within the PAS business.
HR Transaction & Restructuring Services
While every transaction is different, the size of the people agenda remains very significant in most transactions: each item on the agenda becomes a priority at certain stages of deal lifecycle or in certain types of deals. Clients need to get each of the aspects on people agenda right to mitigate people-related risks, accelerate synergies and achieve the deal value and the PAS Transactions team directly partners clients to achieve this.
As part of the growing and successful team you will advise and support clients through the complete deal life-cycle providing a range of sell-side and buy-side HR/People related services to clients. Transactions services range from complex HR due diligence, post-merger integration, acquisition and post deal value enhancement such as culture change initiatives. The team also supports clients to plan and implement the HR/People elements for organisational restructuring programmes at both strategic and operational levels.
The team works on engagements for UK, European & Global organisations and private equity houses across the deal and restructuring life-cycle so there is a great opportunity to work with a wide range of industries and clients.
Companies are pursuing bolder, more innovative growth strategies, making cross-border as well as cross-sector deals a big part of the M&A story therefore it is a great time to join the team and be a key part of driving the people agenda within these deals.
- Support clients in addressing HR Transactions/People related matters through all stages of acquisition, divestiture and merger, including pre-transaction due diligence, negotiation, integration planning and implementation.
- Structure and manage projects of work which meet and exceed client expectations
- Be confident and effective in recognising and managing potential issues during client assignments
- Review and perform report writing, project planning, data analysis, and development of presentation material
- Analyse data and present high quality, risk-managed reports/conclusions including client and executive presentations in various formats
- Work with key clients to maintain relationships and manage expectations drawing on knowledge and experience across all aspects of HR Transaction and Restructuring Services in business, provides insightful, deal-relevant points of view, recommendations based on robust analysis
- Ensure that all client work is delivered consistently complying with EY's Q&RM guidelines
- Working collaboratively with other service lines in EY, such as Operational Transaction Services (OTS)
Experience / Skills required as a senior consultant in HR Transactions and Restructuring
- Project management expertise with demonstrable experience in managing and being responsible for the delivery of successful projects
- Ability to work in an international environment, managing transactions across geographies
- Ability to provide insights based on experience on HR aspects of deals that are relevant and valued by clients and readers of the HR Due Diligence reports
- Team player; ability to integrate with new teams quickly
- Ability to analyse complex problems and to deliver insightful, practical and sustainable solutions
- Qualitative and quantitative data analysis skills and data manipulation and presentation, such as through MS Excel tools
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and experience of producing high calibre reports, papers, presentations
Exposure to at least one of the following:
- Experience of transactions, ideally in performance of HR Due Diligence / HR post-deal integration / corporate restructuring assignments
- Experience in industry of advising clients on a range of large scale transformation programmes and business change projects gained working in a professional services firm, global consultancy firm and/or large private and/or public sector organisation
- Experience of HR advisory and consulting within a professional services environment or as an internal consultant within a corporate
- Line HR experience with experience of employee and/or industrial relations
- Flexible with working locations, able to travel and work freely across Europe / Globally and to learn quickly and leverage skills in new situations
- Strong presentation and facilitation skills
- Business administration or accounting knowledge and/or post graduate degrees and professional qualifications are also highly desirable but not critical e.g. MBA, CIPD
About EY and our Vision
EY is a global professional services organisation providing advisory, assurance, tax and transaction services. We are committed to doing our part in building a better working world for our people, our clients and our communities. And we are united by our shared values and a dedication to delivering exceptional client service.
We have ambitious goals for 2020. Globally, we want to be #1 or #2 in professional services and be the best brand. To achieve this, our teams need to perform at the highest level, and have a relentless focus on delivering the excellent client service that will help us to continue to grow and become the market leader. In this context, your career will develop and grow.
We make sure our people succeed. The networks you build and the experiences you have with us will help define and accelerate the rest of your career. Last year in the UK, nearly 2,000 of our people were promoted or progressed within their grade, and we are significantly increasing the number of partners in the UK. So when you build something better at EY, we make sure you’re rewarded.
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.