Financial Services - Manager, FAAS Insurance, Open to flexible working
The Financial Accounting Advisory Services (FAAS) team specialises in helping clients implement changes to regulatory and financial reporting. The areas we work in include IFRS 17 implementation, finance systems implementation, Solvency II reporting, IFRS conversion support, implementation of new IFRS, UK GAAP and US GAAP accounting standards, accounting control or process support and assistance with public offerings.
We are currently recruiting for Managers in the Insurance team, who can help support our ambitious growth plans and drive forward the team in a variety of activities and deliver solutions to support our clients achieve their desired business outcomes. We are interested in hearing from strong insurance financial accountants who are keen to deliver advisory projects. Our opportunities will allow you to have the chance to apply your financial accounting and regulatory knowledge in the advisory space, work on a variety of projects and offer you flexibility and excellent career progression opportunities.
We are the market leader in advising financial services clients, evidenced by the large number of accounting and regulatory change and conversion engagements we are working on.
What you will do:
As a Manager within our Insurance FAAS team you will specialise in Insurance and will work closely with Finance clients, and assist senior management in leading engagement teams, provide valuable insight and advice to support clients to make strategic and operational decisions about their business. You will contribute to the continued success and growth of the practice, alongside some of the most highly regarded colleagues within the Financial Services industry.
Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to
- Delivering insurance accounting and regulatory change projects by managing the project team, assessing engagement risks, driving conclusions, and reviewing / challenging the output produced by the team
- Designing, developing and implementing strategic and operational initiatives for our clients
- Driving innovation by creating an environment that encourages innovation and being a leader in this area by implementing new and improved ways of working, delivery models and / or technological advancements
- Developing strong internal and external networks for long term relationships, managing EY accounts and to bring all of EY to clients
- Establishing and managing effective working relationships with peer-level clients as part of project delivery roles
- Training, coaching, and supervising junior staff as well as monitoring staff availability, chargeability and supporting the development of less utilised staff
- Identifying opportunities for and securing new business
- Contributing to business development activities to help identify and research opportunities on new/ existing clients, and co-leading proposals and bid teams and managing the development and delivery of high-quality proposals with senior management
- Contributing to the growth of the practice via the sharing of knowledge and experience as well as demonstrating great depth of specialism by contributing to EY Point of views, development of solutions, engagement tools and enablers
- Contributing to the development of your own and the team's technical skills by establishing a culture of highest performing teams, inclusive behaviours, and emotional intelligence
- Providing quality assurance and monitoring risks, managing assignment teams and third parties, liaising with service line teams, functional specialists and Area Partners
Qualifications and skills
- An Accountancy qualification (ACA, ACMA, ACCA, CPA)
- Confident and comfortable with uncertainty and ambiguity in a project environment
- Demonstrate expertise across engagement and practice teams
- Always display excellent communication and presentation skills to people across all levels of an organisation
- Able to apply logic and problem solving to complex Finance business problems
- Knowledge of the key issues and challenges currently facing Insurance CFOs
- Take personal responsibility for the quality of delivery
- Instil a positive team mentality, even when under pressure, by treating their colleagues well and creating an inclusive culture
- Extremely comfortable and confident around senior stakeholders, internally and externally
- Extremely comfortable with Excel and PowerPoint. Much of our work involves detailed analysis and report writing, so it is critical you can work with these tools
Typical experience may include, whilst not limited to:
- Experience of working in a consulting role in insurance or a transformation role in industry, focusing on the Finance function
- Experience in leading delivery of Finance change programmes in insurance and demonstrable experience of leading change gained from:
- Hands-on consulting experience at a Big 4, or top tier consulting firm within Financial Services, or leading change programmes at a Financial Services organisation, or leading a Line function at a Financial Services organisation
- Experience of designing and implementing Finance Operating Models and Finance Transformation, including location and service model strategy
- Accounting and regulatory change e.g. IFRS9, IFRS17 – supporting clients to understand and address complex change, and leading delivery of programmes / projects
- Financial Control – including internal and external statutory reporting
- Financial modelling, budgeting, business planning, forecasting and analysis
- Finance operating model design and implementation
- Front to back process, control and governance
- Balance sheet management and financial resource optimisation
- Finance Cost Reduction and Process Improvement
- Finance systems architecture and strategy delivery
- General Ledger, consolidation and EPM projects
- Regulatory, statutory and management reporting projects including Solvency II
Who we are
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.