Corporate Tax Compliance, Senior Associate - Part time, Flexible Contracts
We help our clients stay ahead of changes that impact their businesses, navigating complexity and risk. We deliver deep tax technical, people and legal expertise, while providing the critical context to make informed and compliant decisions. With clients ranging from multinational organisations and public sector bodies to entrepreneurs and family businesses, the work we do is diverse.
This role is open specifically for people who are looking to work on a flexible contract.
We know everyone’s lives are different and that traditional working patterns may not be quite right for you. Whether you’ve taken a career break, had time out to support family or are looking to balance your career with another passion of yours, we can offer you a flexible contract to work the pattern that suits you.
We are open to flexible contracts
Once you’ve joined the firm you will have access to training, giving you the opportunity to upskill yourself on our various systems. You’ll also benefit from additional support designed to help you integrate into the firm and connect and build relationships with other flexible workers across our network.
Our Tax Compliance team is a leading provider of technology enabled compliance and integrated advisory services, working across an unrivalled range of prestigious clients. The variety of work, size of our team and focus on learning and development brings about opportunities to specialise in particular industries or technical areas.
Compliance Services currently employ in excess of 600 people across the UK in a number of different areas, Corporate Tax, VAT Compliance, Global Mobility, Private Client, Accounting Services and Data Ignition. We provide a range of compliance services including preparing accounts and tax returns, to enable clients to meet their statutory obligations.
Our team is agile and open to new ways of working. The investment in automation and robotics enables us to be at the forefront of change and innovation. Together, we produce technical excellence, innovative solutions and an outstanding client experience.
You will join our team of experts specialising in Corporate Tax Compliance. The team provide clients with advice on various compliance issues including paying and minimising their tax liabilities. Our clients range from multinationals to smaller mid tier clients across a wide range of industry sectors, providing you with opportunities to broaden your technical knowledge. We are particularly interested in applicants with experience or an interest in tax accounting, private equity portfolio companies, real estate and financial services including fund management.
- You will undertake the preparation and completion of a wide range of corporation tax computations, including review of computations and assisting clients with queries
- Liaising with the Data Team to enable collection and analysis of tax data
- Dealing with client queries in relation to data requests, including preparation and review of follow up queries and correspondence with appropriate internal and external parties
- Preparing corporation tax accounting disclosures, tax payment advice calculations, computations and returns using the firm’s standard software for internal review
- You will be responsible for organising, monitoring and managing your own workload
- Assisting in the development of other staff as required, includings delegation and coaching.
- Drafting budgets and assisting with preparation and negotiations for new or repeat work. This is based on standard pricing structures in line with the firm’s financial performance and risk management requirements
Essential skills and experience
- You will have a firm grounding in corporate tax computations to specialise in this challenging area.
- You will be a fully qualified ACA/ACCA/CTA or ACCA/CTA finalist looking to continually develop your technical skills.
The skills we look for in future employees
All our people need to demonstrate the skills and behaviours that support us in delivering our business strategy. This is important to the work we do for our business, and our clients. These skills and behaviours make up our global leadership framework, ‘The PwC Professional’ and are made up of five core attributes; whole leadership, technical capabilities, business acumen, global acumen and relationships.
We want all of our people to feel empowered to be the best that they can be, which is why we have ‘The Deal’.
Valuing Difference. Driving Inclusion.
We work in a changing world which offers great opportunities for people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We seek to attract and employ the best people from the widest talent pool because creating value through diversity is what makes us strong as a business, enabling us to solve important problems and deliver value to our clients. We encourage an inclusive culture where people can be themselves, are valued for their strengths and are empowered to be the best they can be. As an organisation with an increasingly agile workforce, we also support different ways of working offering flexible working arrangements.
For further information and to submit your application please click 'Apply'.