Welcome Desk Coordinator (Part time)
Welcome Desk Coordinator
The Welcome Desk Coordinator is a new role created for the re-launch of the Dreadnought building on the Greenwich University campus. The welcome desk will be at the centre of the ground floor courtyard and will service the University of Greenwich departments as well as the SU. They will be the first point of contact and will be an ambassador for the Students’ Union (SU) and a knowledge hub for the building.
Reports to: Operations Manager
Responsible for: Welcome Desk Team
As Welcome Desk Manager you will be a part of the central services of the SU. The Central Services provide Financial, Human Resources and administration support to all the other departments within the SU.
1. Duties and key responsibilities
- Responsible for maintaining the SU areas within the building, consisting of the Quad, the Radio Studio, and the remaining student group rooms, as well as the SU offices
- Coordinate and manage the Welcome teams at Greenwich and Avery Hill
- Adhere to the SU’s governing policies at all times, including the Equality and Diversity and Health and Safety Policies.
- Contribute to the positive image of the SU with members, stakeholders and the local community
- Day to day supervision of contracted student staff
- Any other duties commensurate with the accountabilities of the post or required by the Operations Manager
Manage Welcome Team
- To recruit, train and support a team of part time student staff located at Greenwich and Avery Hill campuses to provide a fantastic front of house, customer service to all members and visitors
- Maintain a professional welcome desk service at both SU offices
- Manage staff rotas, and coordinate staff at both SU sites
- Maintain a comprehensive handbook for both welcome areas
- Elements of financial and administration management; training and development; and customer care and health and safety to all staff
- Maintain a comprehensive handbook for Welcome Desk Team.
- Act as the first point of contact for all visitors entering the Dreadnought building, and provide fantastic customer service
- Act as admin support specifically to the SU Advice service, using your discretion when arranging appointments
- Taking queries via telephone, email, written and online regarding the SU and the University
- Ensure that good customer service is provided to all visitors to SU receptions, and to SU colleagues.
- Support the SU departments with admin tasks, including Student Activities with sports and societies group taking payments and issuing memberships
- Promptly report any maintenance or repair issues with items such as the binding machine & printer/photocopier
- In line with the new GDPR regulars ensure you are treating any personal, information confidentially
- Order any stationery and office supplies as required.
- Ensure office spaces, meeting rooms, staff room and equipment are kept tidy, safe and well-maintained, liaising with relevant support staff and suppliers
- Maintain a log of all key holders and security codes, liaising with University FM and SU Finance staff as needed
- Ensure that all general SU equipment, and IT equipment, is logged, stored and labelled effectively
- Support the Operations Manager with administration and other tasks related to Health and Safety arrangements including acting as a Local Safety Officer
- Undertake training as a First Aid and Local Safety Officer.
2. General Responsibilities
- Represent and be an ambassador for SU
- Be flexible and carry out other associated duties as may arise, develop or be assigned in line with the broad remit of the position
- Maintain and improve competencies through continuous professional development
- Abide by organisational policies, codes of conduct and practices
- Support and promote diversity and equality of opportunity in the workplace
- Treat with confidentiality any personal, private or sensitive information about individual organisations and or clients or staff and Project data
- Any other duties commensurate with the accountabilities of the post.
- Proven experience of delivering quality customer service in a large, fast paced environment
- Working with a range of stakeholders and partners
- Management of a small team of employees and/or volunteers
- Develop and maintain effective systems for collecting, collating and reporting information.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Proven attention to detail and the ability to shift priorities to deliver in a changing and vibrant environment
- Excellent communication and organisational skills
- Microsoft Office software suite skills
- Understanding of a Students’ Union and University environment.
- Regulatory requirements and best practice guidance relating to:
- Young people and their ability to reach their potential
- Databases and writing reports
- Web based communications.
- No one specific qualification is required, but evidence of recent continuing professional development in a professional area relevant to the post is required.
PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS
- Able to travel within the Borough and Region, if required
- Able to work some evenings and weekends and stay overnight where necessary
- Calm, reliable and able to act effectively under pressure
- Strong organisational and planning skills and good time-management skills
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team
- Good interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
- Commitment to the principles and practice of equal opportunities and to working in a diverse workplace.
Apply for Welcome Desk Coordinator (Part time)
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly