Part-time Receptionist/Data Maintenance Assistant (job-share)
Department: Under Treasurer
Hours: 25 hours per week (5 hours per day) as a job share with one other
Work Periods: Monday to Friday - 08.30 to 13.30 and 13.00 to 18.00
Salary: £25k pa pro rata
Benefits: Holiday – full-time staff have 20 days leave, 8 bank holidays and 13 discretionary days leave. All leave is pro-rated for part-time members of staff. Discretionary leave must be taken when the Inn is closed over the Christmas period, Easter and Whitsun. Pension Scheme (Gray’s Inn contributes 8% / Employee contributes 4% - an employee has the right to opt out of the scheme). Free staff lunch when Hall is open.
Purpose of the post:
The Receptionist/Data Maintenance Assistant will be responsible for a number of functions.
- Reporting to the Communications and Marketing Officer, acting as the front of house for Gray’s Inn managing all visitors to the Inn including the Library, working at all times to maintain the highest levels of service
- Providing support to visitors across a variety of activities e.g. answering general questions about the Inn, assisting with enquiries on activities with the Inn and informing Treasury staff of the arrival of visitors
- On a routine basis maintain the data in the member database with updates of personal information, deaths, changes to status etc. and checking the enquirers ID before making changes
- Assist the Communications and Marketing Officer in the placing of information onto the Gray’s inn Website and social media
- Ensure the Reception Area is fully prepared for the start of each day by ensuring it is clean and tidy. Maintain any publications so that they are current and up to date
- Be responsible for the sale of items, usually books such as “The Illustrated History of Gray’s Inn” and be responsible for maintaining records of sales and cash received
- For the Treasurer’s Reception (July each year), be responsible for the sale and preparation of tickets for Members of the Inn
- Ensuring that you have knowledge of the events and activities taking place within the Inn so that you can direct any visitors to the correct location
- Where necessary, confirm the identity of those visiting the Inn and where in doubt, report them to the appropriate person or Head/Deputy Head Porter
- General administration duties; e.g. answering the telephone, copying documents, providing general support to the Treasury as directed by your Line Manager and covering additional jobs such as the post when the Treasury Administrator is on holiday.
Priorities, time-scales and standards will be set in agreement with Communications and Marketing Officer.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS, QUALITIES, CHARACTERISTICS
- Has flexibility and initiative
- Has strong communication skills – written and oral
- Has good written and spoken English
- Has an eye for detail and accuracy
- Has the ability to multi-task
- Has developed organisational skills with the ability to deal with various tasks which may be repetitive
- Time and diary management skills
- Polite, diplomatic and discreet
- Demonstrates honesty and integrity in everything
- Notable levels of fairness, flexibility, empathy and humour
- Ability to work well autonomously and as part of a team
- Is professionally presented at all times (i.e. no jeans or trainers to be worn)
- Positive approach, taking pride in delivering excellent customer service
- Computer literacy – Essential: Word, Excel, Outlook
- Desirable: experience with social media management tools, the management of information in databases and on-line booking systems.
If you feel that your skills and experience make you a suitable candidate for this role, please Apply via the button below with your CV and a short cover letter. Also, please state which work period you are interested in.
We look forward to hearing from you.