15 hours per week – exact days and hours to be agreed
Reporting to Regional Enterprise Manager
Based in Glows, Tulse Hill (but some travel within London required)
Salary: £23-25,000 pro rata depending on administration experience (£9,200 to £10,000 for 15 hours per week)
12-month initial fixed contract (with potential for increased hours and/or permanent position)
Tree Shepherd is a ground-breaking social enterprise that works within some of the country’s most deprived communities, helping people transform where they live from places of neglect into places of opportunity. We bring entrepreneurial individuals together in a shared, collaborative learning environment, enabling them to gain confidence, set up a business, start trading and ultimately employ other people.
We run adult learning courses for people who are starting their own business; we offer support and guidance to local businesses through our regular face-to-face business clinics; we broker trading opportunities at street markets and events to give our entrepreneurs real world experience of exhibiting, buying and selling; we create enterprise support networks that help members to share knowledge, collaborate and ultimately win contracts. We are also involved in working with micro and small businesses who face considerable challenges from redevelopment in their area.
The primary purpose of the new Administrator role is to provide administrative support to the team, which includes the CEO and Regional Enterprise Manager.
The main duties are as follows:
- Creating and maintaining efficient administrative systems for a dynamic social enterprise.
- Developing and writing up detailed administration processes for inclusion in the operations manual
- Setting up new projects and programmes in Salesforce – the Customer Relationship Management (CRM) tool which Tree Shepherd uses to track client engagement and social impact.
- Creating and electronically distributing promotional leaflets and emails
- Answering general office telephone, email and in-person enquiries
- Providing general support on invoicing and credit control
- Internet research and collating files and supporting documents for funding bids/proposals to support the CEO and Regional Enterprise Manager
- Ordering stationery, ensuring TS offices and facilities are clean and well maintained and supplied
- The role will include direct liaison with the entrepreneurial individuals we support.
Training course and enterprise support administration
- Checking and following up online registrations of interest, creating learner records and files, and reminding learners about attendance
- Stocking, printing, copying and collating training materials for tutors and learners
- Ensuring equipment and materials are delivered to and collected from venues
- Supporting tutors as required with learner registration and venue logistics
- Liaising as required between learners requiring additional support and tutors
- Ensuring that all records, e.g. Individual Learning Plans (ILPs), registration forms and registers are maintained to the required standard for clients
- Arranging business clinic sessions with tutors and learners, and following up as required
- Printing and issuing graduation certificates and providing support on logistics of graduation
- Managing the rotas of our business advisors
- Liaising with clinic attendees and following up as required.
- Supporting the REM to organise Tree Shepherd events:
- Co-ordinating venues (e.g. bookings, health & safety, access, catering, facilities)
- Co-ordinating trade events (e.g. Lambeth Country Show, Small Business Saturday etc)
- Attending events to support with registration/logistics.
Data management and evaluation
- Working with the REM to manage Tree Shepherd’s impact reporting
- Assisting colleagues to utilise Salesforce effectively
- Data entry/query resolution on Salesforce
- Setting up and running Salesforce reports
- Collecting and analysing data from current and previous clients
- Supporting the production of Tree Shepherd’s annual Impact Report.
If you feel that you are a suitable candidate for this role, please Apply via the button below with your CV and a short covering letter. It is essential that the ideal candidate is diligent, so please reference examples in your cover letter showing the accuracy of your previous work.
We look forward to hearing from you.