Small Business Advisor (Various Flexible options available, and Homeworking)
Opportunities within the Investors in People CIC for professional HR and/or people management professional
Investors in People Community Interest Company (IIP CIC) purpose is to help “organisations succeed by realising and maximising the value of their people” – supporting employers to realise their people potential and exploring development activities that will support an agile, resilient and capable workforce for the future. At the heart of this approach are experienced professionals who are passionate about seeing organisations succeed.
The focus of this Investors In People role is:
- To undertake diagnostics of an organisation against one of the Investors In People standard.
- To challenge existing company practices, recommending and agreeing innovative solutions and, therefore, inspiring change.
- To support remotely customers on their continuous improvement journey in the areas addressed by Investors In People frameworks.
We need experienced, passionate individuals with good business knowledge and client relationship skills. You will need all-round communication skills to inspire action and ambition, winning the trust of our clients.
Following an initial pilot, we will provide a full package of training to understand IIP products and assess organisations against IIP frameworks. You will be part of our team and will conduct remote assessments for small business customers who are already on their accreditation journey.
Behaviours and Skills required:
- Strategical thinking:
- ensures the organisation’s priorities and goals lead the assessment
- use experience and knowledge to provide example of possible solutions and where they have worked in the past for other organisations of their size
- Builds relationships:
- Maintains an organisation trust by managing information professionally
- Provides clear and timely communication
- Focuses on customer satisfaction through a positive attitude, professional approach and value-add relationship
- Able to communicate and empathise with all levels of the organisation
- Evaluation and feedback:
- Able to review all available evidence and arrive at a final conclusion independently
- Able to provide companies constructive feedback that can be discussed and actioned to achieve organisations improvements
- Proficient with technology.
Working knowledge of the following topics:
- Advising on and developing effective Leadership and Management practices and strategies
- Development of Organisation Plans and KPls
- Corporate Social Responsibility strategies and practices
- Employees Engagement strategies and practices
- Performance management strategies and practices
- Advising on career planning and developing Talent Management strategies and practices
- Understanding the principles of and supporting the implementation of a Coaching and Mentoring programme
- Advising on and developing Recruitment and Selection strategies and practices
- Advising on and developing Corporate Values
- Advising on and developing Reward and Recognition strategies and practices.
Nice to have experience:
- Advising on and developing Equality and Diversity strategies and practices
- Advising on and developing Work-life Balance strategies and practices including employee wellbeing
- Advising on and developing principles and strategies for Organisational Design.
This role is based on a one month, fixed term contract, but with the aim to become a permanent role at Investors In People.
Due to the fact that this is a homeworking opportunity, we are interested in hearing from candidates Nationwide.
If you feel this is the right opportunity for you, please Apply via the button below with your CV and a short covering letter to explain how you meet the criteria of the role.
We look forward to hearing from you.