Communications & Engagement Manager - open to flexible working
Communications and Engagement: Communications and Engagement Manager - Relationship Management (2 x vacancies available)
Level 3 Assistant Director, reports to Senior Communications and Engagement Relationship Manager
[Note: the Audit portfolio reports to Comms and Engagement Manager (Assurance)]
Our vision is to become the most trusted and distinctive professional services organisation and to double the size of our business by 2025. The Communications and Engagement team is critical to our success.
The team develop communications and engagement programmes that activate our brand and our purpose internally, so that our partners and people feel connected, understand the role they play in EYs success and do so in a place where they belong.
The Relationship Management pillar of the team collaborates with key areas of the business to devise and deliver local communication and engagement plans.
The Communications and Engagement Manager will be responsible for delivering communications and engagement activity which bring key business priorities to life for internal audiences, aligning with our brand and EY’s overall UK&I Comms & Engagement strategy.
You will work collaboratively and creatively, using your extensive experience and understanding of a range of channels to deliver high quality, engaging communications.
You will be assigned to an area of the business, and/or a key project or campaign to partner with them. Portfolios in this team are: Service Lines (including CBS, Risk & Legal and Audit), Markets, Leadership, Talent, geographies (North & Scotland; South & Midlands).
Your key responsibilities
- Work collaboratively with colleagues from the Communications & Engagement team and the business to create and deliver the communications and engagement strategy for your assigned portfolio.
- Work with counterparts in Brand, Marketing and External Communication to create joined-up BMC plans.
- Build strong relationships with senior leaders and stakeholders across the business.
- Ensure communications activity aligns to the firm-wide communications and engagement strategy.
- Continually assess success and make informed recommendations for communications and engagement.
- Execute communications campaigns that engage the audience using a range of innovative channels including - but not limited to - events, video and webcasts, email, news stories, intranet, digital design and social media.
- Actively seek ways to deliver greater efficiency, effectiveness and innovation across the channels.
- Coach and manage direct reports, as applicable
- Manage internal and external suppliers to deliver channels and assets where applicable.
- Manage communications budget where applicable.
Skills and attributes for success
- Knowledge and experience of core internal communications channels and an interest and enthusiasm for creativity and innovation.
- Working collaboratively with others to develop and implement impactful and engaging communications that support the business’s objectives.
- Proven skillset in delivery including writing, creative production, video direction, planning and organisation.
To qualify for the role, you must have
- Experience of working in professional services or matrix organisations or large corporates.
- Five years’ experience in a communications team or agency.
- Experience in creating and delivering internal communications plans.
Ideally, you’ll also have
- Experience of commissioning and overseeing campaigns through external agencies
- Ability to build and deliver measurement plans, using insight to recommend new ways of working.
What we look for
- A collaborative, innovative and creative approach
- Excellent stakeholder engagement
- Excellent delivery across a multitude of communications channels and engagement activity
- Demonstrable experience of delivering communications campaigns
What we offer
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, we offer:
- Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
- Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.