UK Pensions Manager, Open to flexible working
3 days left
- Contract Type
We have an opportunity for a UK Pensions Manager to join us in GSK HQ! (hybrid working options available) In this role you will provide scheme secretarial support across five pensions schemes, managing relationships with Internal stakeholders and our Trustees.
We welcome applications from individuals from a variety of Pensions roles including in-house administrator roles or from a Consultancy background.
- Be responsible for organising five quarterly Trustee meetings and preparing agendas
- Prepare and present meeting papers, take and draft minutes
- Follow up of on actions between meetings
- Vendor management, including reviewing contracts and budgets
- Draft communications
- Liaising with senior employees on personal pension queries
- Work with other GSK functions as required
- Be a key contact with external providers and ensure that there is appropriate communication between the actuaries, legal advisers and consultants.
- Support the UK Pensions Director on wider projects and adhoc tasks, as required.
- Manage a legacy GSK benefit for pensioners
- Manage one direct report
- In-depth understanding of pension matters, including current and pending regulations, and knowledge of implications for UK pension plans.
- Project management experience including set-up and ongoing management of a project to completion.
- Analytical skills and the ability to interpret complex information.
- A good level of Excel skills.
- Good judgment and decision-making skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship management skills.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Team-working skills.
- Leadership qualities.
- Organisation and time management skills.
- Meticulous attention to detail.
- The ability to work well under pressure.
- AMPI , FIA qualified
At GSK, we have already delivered unprecedented change over the past four years, improving R&D, becoming a leader in Consumer Health, strengthening our leadership, and transforming our commercial execution. Now, we’re making the biggest changes we’ve made to our business in over 20 years. We’re on track to separate and create two new companies in 2022: New GSK with a leading portfolio of vaccines and specialty medicines as well as R&D based on immune system and genetics science; and a new world-leading consumer healthcare company of loved and trusted brands.
With new ambition comes new purpose. For New GSK, this is to unite science, talent and technology to get ahead of disease together – all with the clear ambition of delivering human health impact; stronger and more sustainable shareholder returns; and as a new GSK where outstanding people thrive.
Getting ahead means preventing disease as well as treating it. How we do all this is through our people and our culture. A culture that is ambitious for patients – so we deliver what matters better and faster; accountable for impact – with clear ownership of goals and support to succeed; and where we do the right thing. So, if you’re ready to improve the lives of billions, join us at this exciting moment in our journey. Join our challenge to get Ahead Together.
As a company driven by our values of Patient focus, Transparency, Respect and Integrity, we know inclusion and diversity are essential for us to be able to succeed. We want all our colleagues to thrive at GSK bringing their unique experiences, ensuring they feel good and to keep growing their careers. As a candidate for a role, we want you to feel the same way.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we are open to all talent. In the US, we also adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, colour, national origin, religion, gender, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class*(*US only).
We believe in an agile working culture for all our roles. If flexibility is important to you, we encourage you to explore with our hiring team what the opportunities are.
As you apply, we will ask you to share some personal information which is entirely voluntary. We want to have an opportunity to consider a diverse pool of qualified candidates and this information will assist us in meeting that objective and in understanding how well we are doing against our inclusion and diversity ambitions. We would really appreciate it if you could take a few moments to complete it. Rest assured, Hiring Managers do not have access to this information and we will treat your information confidentially.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.