Financial Accountant, part time - 16 hours per week
Orsa Saiwai is a specialist provider in Corporate Management and Business Support Services.
We are seeking a Financial Accountant - to join our small but expanding team - based in Richmond (TW9) - on a flexible 2-3 day / 16 hours per week basis.
The role offers full flexibility – within reason – in terms of your chosen workdays, Monday to Friday and an element of homeworking, if desired, will also be considered, post-probationary period.
Skills and Experience:
You will be have a robust technical knowledge of all aspects of accounting including; management accounts, VAT, year-end statutory accounts, corporation tax, financial reporting and IFRS compliance and will;
- Minimum of 5+ years of progressive U.K. based accounting experience, working with start-up and SME sized clients, with hands-on financial planning/budgeting and accounting experience.
- Professional U.K. accountancy qualification (ACA, CIMA, ACCA).
- Working knowledge of Corporation Tax preparation and return.
- Some ‘Top 10’ U.K. accountancy firm experience would be beneficial however, your ability to integrate and deliver in a “hands-on”, small team environment is more important. As such, some experience of working in a small to medium sized business environment is desirable.
- Competency in accounting software and systems, specifically, Excel and Quickbooks plus ideally, Xero and Netsuite.
- Knowledge of USA GAAP is desirable.
- Strong interpersonal and project management skills with capable of consistently delivering against understood and agreed and deadlines.
Excellent verbal, analytical, organizational and written skills and a confident and articulate communicator, comfortable with regular client contact, predominantly, via phone and email.
- Perform general accounting functions including, but not limited to the following; month-end closing, reconciliation of balance sheet accounts, AP, AR, GL, journal entries, cash flow management, bank reconciliations, audit schedules, monthly variance analysis, fixed / intangible assets, and record monthly accrual of expenses.
- Timely and accurately prepare clients’ monthly, quarterly and annual financial reports in line with UK statutory and IFRS (in particular FRS02).
- Responsibility for all accounting policies and procedures including, effective internal controls and documentation to ensure compliance with all designated laws and regulations for IFRS financial and tax reporting.
- Co-ordinate activities with external auditors and other advisors.
- Manage multiple, simultaneous tasks and projects and resolve challenging and sometimes complex financial issues.
Please apply by sending your CV together with a short covering paragraph, outlining your reasons of interest in, and suitability for, the role.
Apply for Financial Accountant, part time - 16 hours per week
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly