Financial Services - Senior, EY Sustainable Finance ESG - Open to flexible working
When the financial services industry works well, it creates growth, prosperity, and peace of mind for hundreds of millions of people. No other industry touches so many lives or shapes so many futures. At EY Financial Services, we share a single focus — to build a better financial services industry, not just for now, but for the future.
Sustainability is at the heart of our EY brand. It is at the heart of our strategy, what we value and measure and what we do every day with our clients and within our own business. We are proud to be advocates of change to make businesses across the world more sustainable because we believe in long-term value. Delivering sustainable long-term value in Financial Services means new strategies, a new approach to managing risk, new products and services and new ways of engaging stakeholders.
EY is currently working across the capital markets globally with institutional investors, banking, private equity and insurance clients, developing strategies, designing and building innovative solutions to move forward on sustainable finance, meeting regulatory requirements and positioning for success in this rapidly evolving market.
You will join a team of over 1,400 climate change and sustainability practitioners globally, presenting a unique opportunity to make a real difference. We are seeking high performing Managers to join our Sustainable Finance team. You will be working on market leading projects, building networks, and consulting on key strategic issues in sustainable finance.
There are a wide range of exciting projects that you will be able to get involved in, across banking, insurance, pensions, wealth and asset management and private equity. You will work with clients at all levels to help them navigate the ESG agenda. Topics we cover include:
- Sustainable finance and net zero strategies for financial services
- Greenhouse gas reporting, including the Greenhouse Gas Protocol and PCAF
- Climate change metrics and targets, including SBTi
- Sustainable Finance regulatory developments, such as SFDR and EU Taxonomy
- Responsible, sustainable and impact investment strategies and implementation
- Climate change risk modelling and scenario analysis
- Reporting and disclosure, including the application of TCFD, SASB and other frameworks
- Stewardship and engagement (active ownership)
- Manage work streams to deliver key projects for our clients on the wide range of topics we work on.
- Create innovative commercial insights for clients, adapt methods and practices to fit operational team and cultural needs, and contribute to thought leadership.
- Actively contribute to improving operational efficiency on projects and internal initiatives, consistently driving projects to completion making sure that the work delivered is industry leading.
- Work with the project heads to lead teams or parts of teams on engagements, keeping a clear focus on anticipating and identifying risks, and escalate issues as appropriate.
- Working closely with colleagues, create a positive learning culture and coach and counsel junior team members and help them to develop.
- Contribute to the development of EY capabilities in technical areas and engage with clients regarding the application of these methodologies to their businesses.
- Collaborate with colleagues outside of Sustainable Finance to deliver multi-disciplinary and cross-geographical work.
Skills and attributes for success
As Senior Consultant within the team, you will be expected to consult, so it is essential that you bring the competencies that will allow you to do so.
- Intellectual curiosity
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Strong communication skills, verbal, written but also active listening
We welcome applicants from a wide range of backgrounds, but are particularly interested in individuals that have the following qualifications:
- Track record of success from 2-4 years of relevant experience in sustainability / ESG at a blue-chip firm, sustainability consultancy, investment firm or other relevant organisation
- A keen interest in, and understanding of ESG as it relates to financial services (banking, wealth and asset management, insurance, and/or private equity)
- A strong understanding of any, or a combination of the topics that we cover in our team as listed above
- Strong academic record including a relevant degree
- Experience running or contributing to a range of projects
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, we offer:
- Support and coaching from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that is right for you
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.