Digital Engagement Manager - homeworking and flexible working options available
TITLE: Digital Engagement Manager – home-based
LOCATION: Home-based, with occasional visits to London, Thame or other central locations
HOURS: 9am – 5.30pm, Monday- Friday, 37.5 hours per week (or 30 hours for the right candidate. Also open to flexibility on working schedule).
SALARY: £29, 000 - £32,000 (depending on experience. Pro rata if part time hours agreed)
REPORTING TO: Head of Digital
Overcoming MS (OMS) is the world's leading multiple sclerosis healthy lifestyle charity.
We share the evidence behind the OMS program focussing on the everyday practical things that people can do to improve their health and quality of life. This includes following a plant-based diet, supplementing with vitamin D, exercising and using stress management techniques.
We aim to inform, support and empower everyone affected by MS to lead a full and healthy life. We provide information, including webinars and the OMS podcast. Our OMS Circles are a supportive worldwide volunteer group network. We campaign and fund open access to research into how lifestyle influences MS.
About the role
As our Digital Engagement Manager, you will help to deliver our digital strategy using your keen knowledge and passion for all things relating to digital. By working closely with the Head of Digital you will gain invaluable experience by helping to manage, improve and contribute to our global presence within the MS community.
Digital is central to achieving our mission as well as providing further information, support and a sense of community to those following the OMS program. You will take ownership of various digital projects, driving growth, providing highly valuable information and nurturing our close-knit and highly engaged community.
In your role, you will work closely and collaboratively with colleagues in the OMS team, members of our OMS community and other stakeholders to ensure a comprehensive and creative approach to our digital content.
As Digital Engagement Manager, you will support the implementation of digital for the charity. You will be responsible for a variety of initiatives, campaigns and appeals across our digital channels and work alongside the Digital Content Manager. You will be able to advise and identify innovative digital solutions that meet both OMS and the Community’s needs.
Key responsibilities and duties:
1. Digital Projects
• Lead the delivery of digital projects (including product development and content/marketing projects), ensuring they are delivered to a high quality within agreed budgets and timescales.
• Ensure that our digital platforms meet our community’s needs.
• Work with external agencies
• Manage a project-specific digital budget and identify opportunities to make efficiencies.
• Apply the agreed project management methodology to all projects ensuring that user requirements are fully scoped and project governance is adopted.
• Planning web pages and uploading new content to the website.
• Develop strategies to increase social media followers, website members, newsletter subscribers, and forum users and engagement with Overcoming MS.
• Support with CRM technical projects, as needed.
• Report on digital activities as required, including quarterly board reports.
2. Digital Engagement
• Checking digital inbox, social inboxes, web comments, forum maintenance, and answering questions during webinars.
• Maintaining relationships with key contributors and partners.
• Mapping customer journeys via email.
• Mapping web journeys.
• Briefing technical development of the website (managed by an external agency).
• Support the Digital Content Manager with social media content creation and social outreach.
3. Digital Content support
• Support the Digital Content Manager with the development and planning of high-quality, engaging content, blogs, social media, email, and other digital channels to ensure digital KPI’s are met.
• Source, collaborate with, and manage connections in our community to produce digital content.
• Monitor media to identify news and content to share.
• Support the Digital Content Manager with the production of monthly newsletters and other email marketing as required.
• Support the Digital Content Manager with the development and maintenance of content on the OMS website to ensure a positive user experience, optimizing all website content for search (SEO).
• Work with freelancers and volunteers in the creation of content.
• Monitor the performance of content and campaigns across all digital properties and make recommendations when changes are needed.
4. OMS Team responsibilities
• Assist with content activities, for example working with partners on the creation of video assets
• Assist the Community Engagement team with digital activities, for example relating to OMS Ambassadors and Circles.
• Assist the Fundraising team with online activities including fundraising events and campaigns.
• Provide digital training and upskilling to the OMS Team as required.
• Make a positive and valuable contribution to all OMS activities.
● Thorough approach to work and an eye for detail.
● Positive and upbeat energy.
● Highly creative.
● Flexibility and ability to work under pressure.
● Highly self-motivated and determined.
● Able to work independently and as part of a team.
● Creative problem-solver.
● Empathetic and understanding nature.
This role is primarily home-based with occasional travel (including Thame, London and other central locations).
Generous annual leave entitlement – 25 days plus one day for your birthday and bank holidays
Salary £29,000-32,000, depending on experience level.
Please note: We are an equal opportunities employer.
We look forward to receiving your application. Please attach a covering letter, answering the following questions:
1/ Why you are suitable for this role
2/ Your place of residence
3/ Your willingness to work in a largely remote role, mostly from home, as well as travelling to Thame, London, and potentially other central locations for occasional meetings
4/ Your current salary
5/ Your notice period.