FP&A Global Process Owner, Open to flexible working
Diageo is the world’s leading premium drinks company with an outstanding collection of brands, such as Johnnie Walker, Smirnoff, Baileys, Captain Morgan, Tanqueray and Guinness. Our purpose – Celebrating life, every day, everywhere – has an important role in our company, for our people, our diversity, our brands, in how we perform and how we create shared value.
About the Function
The Governance team is established to drive a standard process & technical framework with their partners that works and supports Diageo to keep up market leader position. This purpose is achieved by embedded governance culture underpinned by global finance processes and policies that is monitored through relevant compliance measurement metrics.
About the Role
The FP&A Global Process Owner will support the Head of FP&A Governance in management of the assigned FP&A Processes within Diageo. The person in the role will regularly collaborate with Head of FP&A Tower, Market Finance Directors, Local Function leads as well as with Corporate Finance and Functional leads.
Responsibility within this role spans the business strategic change requirements for their function/process. The post holder will be expected to take decisions that are in line with overall GBS strategy, but also ensure that the needs of the finance function are clearly met.
- Set vision and drive strategic direction for FP&A processes
- Define, establish and embed global FP&A Processes, ensuring connections to other financial processes, adherence to process and timelines
- Build mechanisms for KPI reporting, exception management and escalations
- Have external lens ensuring process keeps pace with best practice
- Own the technology to support the FP&A processes, ensure that right governance in place to manage enhancements and system updates
- Set Targets and KPIs for process performance
- Identify and drive process improvement opportunities to optimise, simplify and automate the assigned FP&A processes while also delivering a robust control agenda
- Drive understanding across the Diageo leadership community of the role of the FP&A Process(es) in delivering Productivity, ensure understanding of the process and individual roles and responsibilities
- University / College degree in finance / business
- Deep understanding of financial processes, with particular focus on FP&A, Business Performance Management, cost controlling, decision support and P&L reporting
- Champion in data literacy*
- Excellent communication skills with senior partners
- Curious, willing to dig deeper into data and explore linkages
- Able to draw insights from finance and non-finance data
- Detailed oriented, structured in approach to work
- Willing to be flexible and work across work-streams as needed
- Self-motivated, team-player
- Fluent English
Benefits of working here
- Unique Family Leave opportunity
- We work without border - you will work with people from all over the world
- You will deal with world class brand portfolio
- Wide variety of thematic events, afterwork activities organized by employee communities
- Product Allowance to purchase company products from the staff shop
- We won the Fittest Workplace Award, of course we have a Gym
- Urban legend is true, we do have a Rooftop Bar
Diversity & Inclusion
Celebrating our inclusive and diverse culture is core to Diageo’s purpose of “celebrating life every day everywhere”. This purpose is, in itself, inclusive in nature, as it values everybody irrespective of background, disability, religion, gender identity, sexuality or ethnicity.
We know that for our business to thrive and for Diageo to realize its ambition, we depend on having diverse talent with a range of backgrounds, skills and capabilities in each of the 180 countries in which we operate and to reflect our broad consumer base. We view diversity as one of the key enablers that helps our business to grow and our values, purpose and standards set the conditions for us to respect the unique contribution each person brings.
Flexibility is key to success in our business and many of our staff work flexibly in many different ways, including part-time, compressed hours, flexible location. Please talk to us about what flexibility means to you and don’t let anything stop you from applying.
Character Is Everything