Admissions & Communications Officer - term time only
2 days left
- Contract Type
Reporting to (jointly): Admissions Manager and the Communications Manager
Contract: 5 days per week, term time only plus 15 days in school holidays Occasional work will be needed during evenings and weekends – at least three Saturdays (especially during the autumn and winter terms).
Start Date: ASAP
The role requires exceptional communication, interpersonal and organisational skills, empathy, sympathy, flexibility and attention to detail. Reporting to the Communications Manager and the Admissions Manager jointly, the role will include operational support and delivery of the annual Admissions and Communications plan.
Skills and attributes:
- able to relate well to prospective parents – excellent phone manner – and colleagues;
- able to manage time well so that pressure points such as Open Mornings or taster days are supported effectively;
- understand and act upon the need for constant, accurate communication so that parents and other stakeholders have confidence in and enthusiasm for the school;
- ability to write effective marketing copy for print and online;
- some knowledge of digital marketing and CMS (content management systems)
Support the Admissions Manager with the administration, logistical management and communications process for prospective parents. For example:
- be first contact point of contact for parents’ initial enquires – via phone, email or visit;
- working closely with the Admissions Manager and the Comms Manager to support the end-to-end communications process to prospective parents from initial enquiry to acceptance of place;
- provide administrative support to Comms Manager and Admissions Manager;
- conduct school tours for prospective parents;
- supporting the operational delivery of the school’s marketing plan, providing support for programme of events and other activities and initiatives, for the purpose of successful pupil recruitment and excellent public relations;
- assist with the management of entrance assessments including liaising with Heads of Department;
- attend open morning events and assessments outside of working hours where necessary.
Supporting the Comms Manager with the branding, production, editing, and distribution of marketing materials. For example Sourcing promotional merchandise; open day and event display materials.
Support the smooth delivery of all Colfe’s digital activity by managing online content and social media activities. For example:
- editing and checking copy and uploading content to the school website on a daily basis;
- daily management – content uploading and maintenance - of parent portal;
- working with School Office (in both Junior and Senior School) to ensure accurate and timely email communications reach current parents via parent portal;
- regular audits of printed materials, checking stock levels and arranging reprints with school graphic designer where necessary;
- work with the in-house photographer to manage the school photo archive;
- manage camera library process for staff.
- taking the lead from the Comms Manager, to be responsible for booking and evaluation of all promotional advertising for the school, working with outside agencies as appropriate;
- working within a set budget, ensuring ad spend is cost effective and always negotiated.
Press and Media:
- liaising with staff across the Senior school to make sure all relevant new stories reach the Comms team;
- managing press cuttings, ensuring all stories are collated and distributed to interested parties and promoted on social media.
- to promote continually the need for marketing and customer-oriented approaches in all aspects of the school’s operations;
- to ensure all teaching staff feel informed of and sufficiently involved in the school’s marketing programme.
- to be a visible and approachable figure for current pupils and staff, and to listen to their perspective on school life.
- Skills & abilities - Proven organisational skills gained in a busy and multifaceted environment
- Experience - Proven experience of working in a busy administrative environment dealing with customers face-to-face and over the phone
- Qualifications - High standard of written English, grammar and numeracy. Educated to A-Level or equivalent
- Personal circumstances - Highly presentable and willing to attend Open Days and other school events outside normal school hours
- Equality - Candidates must demonstrate understanding of and acceptance and commitment to the principles underlying equal opportunities
- Customer Care - Appreciation of effective customer care
- Some knowledge of managing content for web (CMS) and social media. Ability to write basic marketing copy
- Experience of working in in an education, sales and marketing or events environment
- Current driving licence
All applicants must submit
- current CV, accompanied by a letter of application
- details of two referees, who will be contacted prior to interview, in accordance with the School’s Safer Recruitment procedures
The deadline for applications is Friday 20th May. Colfe’s reserves the right to appoint to this post before the closing date if necessary.
Apply for Admissions & Communications Officer - term time only
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly