Senior Manager, Insurance & IMPE Analytics - Part time, Full time, Hybrid working, Returners
Senior Manager, Insurance & IMPE Analytics and Modelling, Audit & Assurance
Our Assurance practice encompasses skills across regulation and finance with a deep analytics capability. We harness these to provide Assurance to those charged with governance, serving the public interest. Working in Assurance means you will have an opportunity to work alongside leading experts, as we help build and enhance trust between businesses and the public, by responding to emerging issues and protecting the public interest. Providing assurance to help businesses become more resilient, agile and better prepared for the future.
To be resilient, businesses must be ready to respond to current and future challenges and opportunities. They are increasingly being required to be more transparent with their reporting, to drive trust and confidence in the market, and protect the wider public interest.
Assurance builds, maintains and develops confidence. We provide independent assurance by assessing the risks and underlying processes, providing conclusions as to which risks are being managed and mitigated in line with the business’ appetite for risk. Deloitte’s assurance offerings help those charged with governance to understand their business and build trust amongst key stakeholders and regulators.
High quality and transparent reporting on data use and compliance of data handling is critical for both regulatory compliance and for rebuilding the trust of the public. Our dedicated Analytics team specialise in helping clients understand their data. By working seamlessly with the Specialist, Modelling and Analytics, Central and Securitisation teams we are able to get client projects over the line, often against challenging timelines.
Deloitte supports Agile and Hybrid working
We are proud to offer flexible working arrangements which allow our people to choose the most suitable working arrangement that works for them. Whether this is working 4 days per week, taking the summer months off work, or more flexibility around your working pattern, we consider both formal and informal working arrangements that allow our people and our clients the best outcome.
If you would like to hear more about our flexible working arrangements, please let us know.
Are you looking to return to the workplace after an extended career break?
For this role we can offer coaching and support designed for returners to refresh your knowledge and skills and help your transition back into the workplace after a career break of 2 years or more. If this is relevant for you, just let your recruiter know when you make your application.
An exciting opportunity exists for a Senior Manager to work in the Analytics and Modelling team, focused on developing data-based solutions to the Insurance & Investment Management/Private Equity industry, for both Audit and Assurance activities. The opportunity is for a leadership role, overseeing the delivery and growth of our recurring analytics pipeline.
You will have responsibility for delivery and leading a team of analysts across a range of audit and assurance service offerings, which may include:
- Sharing learnings and best practices with the wider team to support effective collaboration and development
- Collaborating with the wider team to identify new areas of growth and innovative solutions to emerging public-interest issues and regulatory changes
- Running multiple projects at once, including the appropriate allocation of resources in an environment of shifting priorities
- Fostering an inclusive atmosphere that nurtures the upskilling and performance management of juniors whilst safeguarding their wellbeing
- Managing diverse teams within an inclusive team culture where people are recognised for their contribution
- Overseeing a team that delivers:
- Interactive visualisations, either as part of an audit or directly for an assurance client
- Models aligned to regulations or industry standards, for the purpose of assessing the accuracy of clients’ numbers and/or approach
- Reviews of existing models to highlight issues and alignment to best practice, and recommendation of remedial actions
- Data manipulation and feature engineering to turn raw source data into a structured dataset upon which insights can be drawn
- Automation of manual processes such as regulatory reporting or data reconciliation
Your work, your choice
At Deloitte we believe the best impact is the value we add, not the hours we sit at our desk. We carefully consider agile ways of working, both formal and informal, that allow for the best impact for our people and our clients. Please speak to your recruiter about the working pattern that works best for you.
Location: London with occasional domestic and international travel and an option of working from home when appropriate
Work pattern: This is a permanent opportunity. The role can be worked on a full-time / part-time basis
Your professional experience
- Exceptional analytical capabilities, with an eye for detail and a passion for understanding problems and identifying solutions
- Experience across the full lifecycle of an analytic, including requirements capture, development, technical documentation and delivery
- Track record in managing and nurturing technically-minded juniors in a quality-centric environment
- Enthusiasm for contributing to strategic discussions, with the confidence to own ideas and drive them to conclusion
Strong skills (including the ability to review work) in:
- One or more visualisation tools (e.g. Tableau or PowerBI)
- Good knowledge of either the Insurance industry or Investment Management industry
- An appreciation for the importance of wellbeing, inclusion, and a diverse environment
- In addition to the essential traits there are desirable factors that would be useful in the role. Where the applicant does not have this experience, training will be available.
- Experience with cloud-based analytics platforms and solutions (e.g. Azure, DataIku, Synapse)
- Comfort with financial/Excel modelling
- Experience in the pricing of work within a professional services framework
- Reasonable understanding of the purpose and structure of statutory financial audits, or practical experience in financial/management accounting
- Interest in current economic and market trends
Your Service Line: Audit & Assurance:
In an industry best known for looking back, Deloitte looks beyond.
As the leading experts in Audit & Assurance, we help build and enhance trust and transparency between businesses and the public, by responding to emerging issues and protecting the public interest. Our expertise covers audit and assurance services across all sectors, enabling stronger systems of quality control and risk capability. We help companies, investors and the general public make more informed decisions by adhering to the highest standards of independence, professional objectivity and technical excellence.
Innovation is key for us, underpinned by audit quality. At Deloitte you will be joining a diverse team of experts capable of delivering meaningful and durable change for both our clients and our profession.
Regulation and controls are standard practice in our industry and Deloitte is no exception. These controls provide important legal protection for both you and the firm. We are subject to a number of audit regulations, one of which requires that certain colleagues abide by specific personal independence constraints. This can mean that you and your "Immediate Family Members" are not permitted to hold certain financial interests (shares, funds, bonds etc.) with audit clients of the firm. The recruitment team will provide further detail as you progress through the recruitment process.
Our Purpose & Strategy
To make an impact that matters for our clients, our people and society - defines who we are and what we stand for. Our purpose provides the foundation for our strategy and our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services: this is not about size, it's about being the first choice. The first choice for the largest and most influential clients, and the first choice for the best talent.
What do we do?
Deloitte offers global integrated professional services that include Audit & Assurance, Consulting, Financial Advisory, Legal, Risk Advisory and Tax Consulting. Our approach combines intellectual leadership, industrial expertise, insight, consulting & problem solving capabilities whatever the role, technology revolutions and innovation from multiple disciplines to help our clients excel anywhere in the world.
Beyond the UK: Deloitte North and South Europe
The UK is part of Deloitte North and South Europe (NSE), the second largest member firm in the Deloitte network. Deloitte NSE combines operations in Belgium, Central Mediterranean (Italy, Greece, Malta), Ireland, the Middle East (Bahrain, Cyprus, Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Oman, Palestinian Ruled Territories, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates, Yemen), the Netherlands, the Nordics (Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway and Sweden), Switzerland and the UK. Deloitte NSE brings together 2,700 partners and over 50,000 people, combining our unmatched breadth and depth of capabilities in audit and assurance, consulting, financial advisory, risk advisory, and tax and legal across the region. Being part of Deloitte NSE supports our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services and will create more opportunity and growth for our people.
What do we value?
What brings us all together at Deloitte? It’s how we approach the thousands of decisions we make every day. How we behave, our beliefs and our attitudes. In other words: our values. Whatever we do, wherever we are in the world, we lead the way, serve with integrity, take care of each other, foster inclusion, and collaborate for maximum impact. These five shared values lead every decision we make and action we take, guiding us to deliver impact how and where it matters most.
Being a Leader at Deloitte
Cultural fit and purpose-led leadership is crucial for Deloitte. Our leaders always set the example and inspire their colleagues. They make quality time for people and take an interest in them. They know what matters to people - both inside and outside work – and value them as individuals; always finding opportunities to develop them while showing respect and appreciation.
We expect colleagues at all levels to embrace and live our purpose and our leadership culture by challenging themselves to identify issues that are most important for our clients, our people, and for society and make an impact that matters. We know leadership comes in all shapes and sizes, but our Leadership Charter helps all of our people understand what we’re looking for:
- We live our purpose: we act as a role model, embracing and living our purpose and values, and recognising others for the impact they make
- We develop talent: we develop high-performing people and teams through challenging and meaningful opportunities
- We drive performance: we deliver exceptional client service; maximise results and drive high performance from people while fostering collaboration across businesses and borders
- We believe positive influence can make an impact that matters: we influence clients, teams, and individuals positively, leading by example and establishing confident relationships with increasingly senior people
- We move, together, towards a strategic direction: we understand key objectives for clients and Deloitte, aligning people to objectives and setting priorities and direction.
Please click 'Apply' to submit your application