Assistant Manager, Client Assets & Safeguarding Team - Open to flexible working & returners
Assistant Manager, Client Assets & Safeguarding Team – Insurance, Regulatory Assurance
Opportunity to join the team of the Client Assets & Safeguarding team, Insurance
Deloitte’s Client Assets & Safeguarding team is a market-leading group of industry experts that is rapidly growing. We work with a wide range of financial institutions from incumbents in the capital, retail, and wealth management sectors to insurance brokers and FinTech disruptors, such as crowdfunding and peer-to-peer platforms.
We offer a range of services to help financial institutions meet their regulatory obligations and protection of client assets. We combine deep regulatory technical insight with experience from industry experts, as well as practical approaches to achieve regulatory compliance and protect client assets. Examples of typical projects and areas of focus we undertake include:
- FRC CASS Assurance Standard – external audit services
- ISAE 3000 Assurance over CASS Internal Controls
- FCA regulatory visits and review support
- Business acquisition, disposal, and consolidation support
- Regulatory change (e.g. post-Brexit passport changes, responding to FCA driven changes)
- Operating model and internal controls review and gap analysis
We have an established team focused on the insurance broking sector, which specialises in delivering audit and assurance expertise, providing practical, commercial solutions to large-scale clients which require a deep understanding of the market and its regulatory context.
We focus our propositions on new and emerging regulatory issues, within Client Assets & Safeguarding, and support firms with the impact of these on their strategy and business model as well as providing assurance following the implementation of any material business change, for example, mergers, acquisitions and large-scale integration.
In our team you would have the opportunity to work with a client base who are global leaders in insurance broking sector. As part of an established senior leadership team you will lead the Insurance team that has built a reputation for providing pragmatic advice and assurance, positioning itself at the cutting edge of emerging regulatory trends by working closely with regulators, industry bodies and clients and conducting its own market research.
Our Client Assets & Safeguarding team sits within a wider Regulatory Assurance team. As a result, you will have the opportunity, if desired, to broaden experience across industries (for example, into Banking and/or Investment Management), or more broadly across our broader regulatory assurance practice providing ample career and development opportunities.
We are looking for a highly driven and motivated Assistant Manager.
They will be passionate and have a can do attitude; and be excited about the opportunities we have to drive forward the regulatory and strategy work we do with insurance brokers, which include some of the largest insurance brokers operating in the UK.
You will understand the insurance broking industry and the issues firms face from operating in a regulated environment and holding client assets. The combination of your specialist and core assurance skills, industry expertise and on-going investment in this area will allow you to anticipate complex business problems for our clients and recommend appropriate action.
You will be:
- Working closely with the established team to determine and execute the strategy and vision of Deloitte’s Client Assets & Safeguarding business
- Working with the Insurance team, including project management/leadership of client engagements, developing talent and capability, and acting as a role model for Deloitte’s values and behaviours
- Mentoring the career and professional development of junior team members
- Building long-term relationships with clients to be regarded as a trusted advisor
- Driving client targeting initiatives, developing, and leveraging your industry network
- Creating and developing propositions to reflect the changing needs of our clients as they respond to these new regulatory requirements
- Presenting proposals to clients detailing how we can assist them
- Liaising with relevant stakeholders across Deloitte to provide our clients with best in class expertise and offerings
- Providing practical, yet technical, advice on the more judgemental Client Assets rules (CASS 5)
You will be quick in developing an advanced understanding of your clients’ business needs and key risks and you will be responsible for creating and maintaining strong client relationships, ensuring that we are adding value to clients’ businesses and that the relationships we create outlast the individual projects.
The projects we work on from client to client can vary and you need to be able to adapt quickly to new situations and enjoy variety. We are often part of large multi-disciplined teams delivering our expertise on large scale engagements (e.g. on business acquisition, disposal, and consolidation projects) which will give you the opportunity to build a strong internal Deloitte network and learn from others.
You will be responsible for supporting the training and development of junior members of the team and your role will be key in helping to continue to develop a diverse team with an inclusive culture where people are recognised for their performance and contribution.
Are you looking to return to the workplace after an extended career break?
For this role we can offer coaching and support designed for returners to refresh your knowledge and skills and help your transition back into the workplace after a career break of 2 years or more. If this is relevant for you, just let your recruiter know when you make your application.
Your work, your choice
At Deloitte we believe the best impact is the value we add, not the hours we sit at our desk. We carefully consider agile ways of working, both formal and informal, that allow for the best impact for our people and our clients. Please speak to your recruiter about the working pattern that works best for you.
Location: You will be based in a Deloitte London office; however, travel may be required for client-based projects.
Work pattern: This is a permanent contract opportunity. Our team members work a variety of agile working patterns. Tell us what arrangement works for you and we’ll try to accommodate.
Your professional experience
- Strong experience and familiarity with Client Assets rules, especially those for insurance broking firms (for example, through working within a CASS team at another professional services firm, working within client money team at an insurance broking firm or through experience in a relevant FCA or PRA supervision department).
- Strong understanding of insurance firms' businesses, structures, and strategies, having advised clients in the past.
- Good knowledge of UK regulatory requirements and a strong interest in emerging regulation.
- The ability to generate ideas and use flexible thinking to problem solve, motivating your team to do the same.
- Experience of managing competing priorities such as delivering multiple projects at any one time.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills – both written and verbal
- Experience in delivering presentations and pitches.
- Experience in conducting stakeholder meetings with Board members and senior executives.
- Strong organisational and planning skills.
- Strong aptitude with MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Confident client presence and strong network of contacts and existing industry relationships.
- Ability to develop effective working relationships internally and with clients.
- Strong team leaderships skills and proven ability to lead challenging projects and large teams.
- Positive and ambitious attitude, and ability to work on own initiative.
Your service line: Audit & Assurance
In an industry best known for looking back, Deloitte looks beyond.
Our Audit & Assurance team understand the most important decisions are the ones we are yet to make. Crafting the future in an informed and clear-sighted way means understanding current conditions, as well as the trends that are shaping tomorrow. That is why we use our expertise in audit to show where things stand now, and to help inform the next step. With the assurance we provide, we help our clients to look ahead with strength and confidence across all of their accounting, regulatory and transaction needs.
Innovation is the key, underpinned by audit quality. You will be joining a diverse team of experts capable of delivering meaningful and durable change for both our clients and our profession.
Regulation and controls are standard practice in our industry and Deloitte is no exception. These controls provide important legal protection for both you and the firm. We are subject to a number of audit regulations, one of which requires that certain colleagues abide by specific personal independence constraints. This can mean that you and your "Immediate Family Members" are not permitted to hold certain financial interests (shares, funds, bonds etc.) with audit clients of the firm. The recruitment team will provide further detail as you progress through the recruitment process.
Our Purpose & Strategy
To make an impact that matters for our clients, our people and society - defines who we are and what we stand for. Our purpose provides the foundation for our strategy and our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services: this is not about size, it's about being the first choice. The first choice for the largest and most influential clients, and the first choice for the best talent.
What do we do?
Deloitte offers global integrated professional services that include Audit & Assurance, Consulting, Financial Advisory, Legal, Risk Advisory and Tax Consulting. Our approach combines intellectual leadership, industrial expertise, insight, consulting & problem solving capabilities whatever the role, technology revolutions and innovation from multiple disciplines to help our clients excel anywhere in the world.
Beyond the UK: Deloitte North and South Europe
The UK is part of Deloitte North and South Europe (NSE), the second largest member firm in the Deloitte network. Deloitte NSE combines operations in Belgium, Central Mediterranean (Italy, Greece, Malta), Ireland, the Middle East (Bahrain, Cyprus, Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Oman, Palestinian Ruled Territories, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates, Yemen), the Netherlands, the Nordics (Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway and Sweden), Switzerland and the UK. Deloitte NSE brings together 2,700 partners and over 50,000 people, combining our unmatched breadth and depth of capabilities in audit and assurance, consulting, financial advisory, risk advisory, and tax and legal across the region. Being part of Deloitte NSE supports our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services and will create more opportunity and growth for our people.
What do we value?
What brings us all together at Deloitte? It’s how we approach the thousands of decisions we make every day. How we behave, our beliefs and our attitudes. In other words: our values. Whatever we do, wherever we are in the world, we lead the way, serve with integrity, take care of each other, foster inclusion, and collaborate for maximum impact. These five shared values lead every decision we make and action we take, guiding us to deliver impact how and where it matters most.
Being a Leader at Deloitte
Cultural fit and purpose-led leadership is crucial for Deloitte. Our leaders always set the example and inspire their colleagues. They make quality time for people and take an interest in them. They know what matters to people - both inside and outside work – and value them as individuals; always finding opportunities to develop them while showing respect and appreciation.
We expect colleagues at all levels to embrace and live our purpose and our leadership culture by challenging themselves to identify issues that are most important for our clients, our people, and for society and make an impact that matters. We know leadership comes in all shapes and sizes, but our Leadership Charter helps all of our people understand what we’re looking for:
- We live our purpose: we act as a role model, embracing and living our purpose and values, and recognising others for the impact they make
- We develop talent: we develop high-performing people and teams through challenging and meaningful opportunities
- We drive performance: we deliver exceptional client service; maximise results and drive high performance from people while fostering collaboration across businesses and borders
- We believe positive influence can make an impact that matters: we influence clients, teams, and individuals positively, leading by example and establishing confident relationships with increasingly senior people
- We move, together, towards a strategic direction: we understand key objectives for clients and Deloitte, aligning people to objectives and setting priorities and direction.
Please click 'Apply' to submit your application