Senior Manager, Client Assets & Safeguarding - Open to flexible working & returners
Senior Manager, Client Assets & Safeguarding, Audit & Assurance
Our Client Assets & Safeguarding (CAS) team has an excellent external reputation for provision of high quality regulatory audit and other assurance services to major firms. Our team covers banking and capital markets, investment and asset management, insurance brokers and payment services firms.
In our team you would have the opportunity to develop deep specialism in your chosen field, working with a client base that includes global leaders in their field. You would also have the opportunity, if wanted, to broaden experience across industry lines within client assets and safeguarding, or more broadly across our Assurance Group, where opportunities include Conduct of Business, ESG, Prudential regulation and legislation.
Typical services we offer within the CAS team are:
- Working alongside financial statement audit teams to perform CASS and Safeguarding audits;
- Providing practical, yet technical, advice on the more judgemental Client Assets, Payment Services and E-money rules;
- Reviewing control environments, risk frameworks, operating models, governance structures, CASS footprints, operating model and providing recommendations to senior stakeholders on gaps and enhancements;
- Reviewing non-audit clients’ CASS Resolution Packs including 48-hour dry-runs for insolvency; and
- Performing S166 and shadow S166 reviews of Client Assets and Safeguarding.
Are you looking to return to the workplace after an extended career break?
For this role we can offer coaching and support designed for returners to refresh your knowledge and skills and help your transition back into the workplace after a career break of 2 years or more. If this is relevant for you, just let your recruiter know when you make your application.
As a Senior Manager within the Client Assets and Safeguarding team you will have a range of responsibilities, such as:
- Managing a portfolio of client engagements, including regulatory audits. This includes leading walk-through sessions and client meetings; leading project management functions of larger engagements; detailed review of work performed by the team; completion of complex or technical aspects of work; provision technical input on the CASS / Safeguarding rules; and managing the involvement of the senior project team;
- Managing engagement economics, including setting budgets and ensuring the engagement is completed on time and within budget;
- Owning a portfolio of client (or potential client) relationships;
- Providing technical support and challenge to firms on all areas impacting client asset protection, such as on-boarding, Legal, Trading, Settlements, Risk, Treasury and Finance;
- Supporting and contributing to the development of junior members of the team;
- Driving continuous improvement through innovation and transformation, embracing change and challenging the way we do things to develop our CAS offerings;
- Developing and maintaining relationships across service lines and geographies to deliver market and client focused solutions;
- Being responsive to and anticipating client’s needs, providing strategic and relevant insight;
- Being part of a wider community helping to grow our practice and develop our strategy; and
- Managing diverse teams within an inclusive team culture where people are recognised for their contribution.
We are focused on ensuring that your client portfolio meets your experience, personality and career aspirations and this in turn enables you to deliver the highest possible standard of work and the flexibility in creating a career path that matches your expectations.
Your work, your choice
At Deloitte we believe the best impact is the value we add, not the hours we sit at our desk. We carefully consider agile ways of working, both formal and informal, that allow for the best impact for our people and our clients. Please speak to your recruiter about the working pattern that works best for you.
Location: London with occasional domestic and international travel. If you have a location preference, please let your recruiter know.
Work pattern: This is a permanent contract opportunity. The role is to be worked on a full-time basis.
Your professional experience
To qualify for the role, you must have:
- Strong experience of your chosen sector (e.g. banking, capital markets, investment management, insurance and / or payments) and how the Client Asset / Safeguarding rules apply to those firms.
- Significant experience of working with and practical knowledge of the CASS / Safeguarding rules, common breaches and other expected elements of a firm’s control environment, such as governance and oversight and risk and controls framework.
- An ability and desire to work under your own initiative and in many different and challenging environments.
- Experience of leading engagements / projects and managing a team.
- A willingness to learn and to develop others.
- Good organisational and project management skills.
- Business writing skills, including the ability to write reports which clearly and professionally convey sometimes detailed and complex matters in a clear and concise way.
- Strong presentation skills, with experience of presenting to senior stakeholders.
- Enjoy working to deadlines.
- A professional approach.
- A client centric and flexible, service orientated approach.
- An ability to work with a diverse group of people and be part of ensuring an inclusive team culture, where people are recognised for their contribution.
The following is desirable but not required:
- Experience of conducting audit engagements or other control reviews.
- A deep understanding of how risk management practically works in relation to protection of client assets.
- Experience in leading controls walkthroughs with control owners.
- Practical knowledge of the FRC’s Assurance Standard respecting reporting on client assets to the FCA.
Your service line: Audit & Assurance
In an industry best known for looking back, Deloitte looks beyond.
Our Audit & Assurance team understand the most important decisions are the ones we are yet to make. Crafting the future in an informed and clear-sighted way means understanding current conditions, as well as the trends that are shaping tomorrow. That is why we use our expertise in audit to show where things stand now, and to help inform the next step. With the assurance we provide, we help our clients to look ahead with strength and confidence across all of their accounting, regulatory and transaction needs.
Innovation is the key, underpinned by audit quality. You will be joining a diverse team of experts capable of delivering meaningful and durable change for both our clients and our profession.
Regulation and controls are standard practice in our industry and Deloitte is no exception. These controls provide important legal protection for both you and the firm. We are subject to a number of audit regulations, one of which requires that certain colleagues abide by specific personal independence constraints. This can mean that you and your "Immediate Family Members" are not permitted to hold certain financial interests (shares, funds, bonds etc.) with audit clients of the firm. The recruitment team will provide further detail as you progress through the recruitment process.
Our Purpose & Strategy
To make an impact that matters for our clients, our people and society - defines who we are and what we stand for. Our purpose provides the foundation for our strategy and our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services: this is not about size, it's about being the first choice. The first choice for the largest and most influential clients, and the first choice for the best talent.
What do we do?
Deloitte offers global integrated professional services that include Audit & Assurance, Consulting, Financial Advisory, Legal, Risk Advisory and Tax Consulting. Our approach combines intellectual leadership, industrial expertise, insight, consulting & problem solving capabilities whatever the role, technology revolutions and innovation from multiple disciplines to help our clients excel anywhere in the world.
Beyond the UK: Deloitte North and South Europe
The UK is part of Deloitte North and South Europe (NSE), the second largest member firm in the Deloitte network. Deloitte NSE combines operations in Belgium, Central Mediterranean (Italy, Greece, Malta), Ireland, the Middle East (Bahrain, Cyprus, Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Oman, Palestinian Ruled Territories, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates, Yemen), the Netherlands, the Nordics (Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway and Sweden), Switzerland and the UK. Deloitte NSE brings together 2,700 partners and over 50,000 people, combining our unmatched breadth and depth of capabilities in audit and assurance, consulting, financial advisory, risk advisory, and tax and legal across the region. Being part of Deloitte NSE supports our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services and will create more opportunity and growth for our people.
What do we value?
What brings us all together at Deloitte? it's how we approach the thousands of decisions we make every day. How we behave, our beliefs and our attitudes. In other words: our values. Whatever we do, wherever we are in the world, we lead the way, serve with integrity, take care of each other, foster inclusion, and collaborate for maximum impact. These five shared values lead every decision we make and action we take, guiding us to deliver impact how and where it matters most.
Being a Leader at Deloitte
Cultural fit and purpose-led leadership is crucial for Deloitte. Our leaders always set the example and inspire their colleagues. They make quality time for people and take an interest in them. They know what matters to people - both inside and outside work and value them as individuals; always finding opportunities to develop them while showing respect and appreciation.
We expect colleagues at all levels to embrace and live our purpose and our leadership culture by challenging themselves to identify issues that are most important for our clients, our people, and for society and make an impact that matters. We know leadership comes in all shapes and sizes, but our Leadership Charter helps all of our people understand what We're looking for:
- We live our purpose: we act as a role model, embracing and living our purpose and values, and recognising others for the impact they make
- We develop talent: we develop high-performing people and teams through challenging and meaningful opportunities
- We drive performance: we deliver exceptional client service; maximise results and drive high performance from people while fostering collaboration across businesses and borders
- We believe positive influence can make an impact that matters: we influence clients, teams, and individuals positively, leading by example and establishing confident relationships with increasingly senior people
- We move, together, towards a strategic direction: we understand key objectives for clients and Deloitte, aligning people to objectives and setting priorities and direction.
Please click 'Apply' to submit your application