Manager, Audit - Insurance, Portfolio - Hybrid Working, Flexible Working, Returners Welcome
Manager, Audit - Insurance, Portfolio, Audit and Assurance
Deloitte’s Portfolio Financial Services business offers the opportunity to work with dynamic, entrepreneurial and high growth financial services businesses.
We are seeking an experienced Manager to work in our newly formed Financial Services hub based in London that is focused on insurance, investment management, banking and capital markets and securitisations. We thrive on working with high growth clients and supporting them on their ambition plans through providing a differentiated audit experience.
In return, you will get new challenges in a dynamic, supportive and fast-growing department at an exciting time in the evolution of the audit industry as we also develop the audit of the future. We are looking for individuals with ambitions to progress their career to become signing Directors. You will have access to market leading training and development tailored to your personal interests and ambitions. We will provide you with the opportunities, skills and knowledge to progress, working with our people and clients.
Our current portfolio includes a range of well-known financial services clients as well as those that we expect to become future household names. The Financial Services hub is focused on the following areas:
- Insurance – working with innovative start-up insurtech’s, brokers and intermediaries to well-established global insurance intermediary groups backed by significant capital investors.
- Investment management – with a focus on corporate asset managers and the opportunity to work on our private equity clients.
- Banking and capital markets –including specialist lenders, brokers and corporate finance firms
- Securitisations - working with banks, specialist lenders and private equity houses on their securitisation programs including listed structures.
- Real estate – working with real estate funds, private equity, high net worth individuals, sovereign wealth and pensions schemes who invest in and manage real assets.
As part of our successful team you will play an important role in winning new business, implementing new audits, developing our people as well as developing new market propositions.
Portfolio Financial Services sits within our wider Portfolio Audit group. Portfolio clients span a wide range of sectors including private corporates, real estate funds, pension schemes, financial services brokers, investment managers, and securitisations.
Our business is built around a collective portfolio structure which makes room for an outstanding working culture, and you’ll get to see whole audits through from start to finish, across a wide and prestigious client portfolio.
As part of a growing team the role is technically challenging, highly rewarding and has great career prospects.
Join us and you’ll be joining a growing team of proud, highly motivated people who are successfully helping to deliver outstanding quality audit engagements.
Deloitte supports Agile and Hybrid working
We encourage consideration of flexible ways of working, both formal and informal arrangements that allow for the best outcomes for our people and our clients. If this opportunity is of interest to you with some flexibility, please do discuss with us.
Are you looking to return to the workplace after an extended career break?
For this role we can offer coaching and support designed for returners to refresh your knowledge and skills, and help your transition back into the workplace after a career break of 2 years or more. If this is relevant for you, just let your recruiter know when you make your application.
As an important member of our growing team, you will have responsibility for:
- Supporting new business proposals;
- Supporting the development of a newly established team;
- Taking ownership of the delivery of high quality audit engagements from planning through to reporting;
- Dealing with technical and complex accounting and auditing judgements, including emerging industry issues;
- Managing key audit relationships across your client base;
- Driving continuous improvement through innovation and transformation, embracing change and challenging the way we do things to develop new ways of working;
- Participating in and responding to feedback from internal and external inspection teams to enhance the execution of quality audits;
- Building your network across service lines and geographies to deliver market and client focused audit solutions;
- Being responsive to and anticipating clients’ needs, providing strategic and relevant insight;
- Being part of a wider community helping to grow our team and develop our strategy;
- Having a key role in project teams and developing junior team members to reach their potential; and
- Managing diverse teams within an inclusive team culture where people are recognised for their contribution.
Your work, your choice
At Deloitte we believe the best impact is the value we add, not the hours we sit at our desk. We carefully consider agile ways of working, both formal and informal, that allow for the best impact for our people and our clients. Please speak to your recruiter about the working pattern that works best for you.
Location: You will be based in our London office with some travel for client-based projects.
Work pattern: This is a permanent opportunity.
Your professional experience
To qualify for the role you must have:
- Relevant professional qualification e.g. ACA, ACCA, CPA, CA, ICAS or equivalent
- Experience in the financial services sector, either as an external auditor, working within a financial services institution, in an advisory or business consulting capacity to similar organisations, or in the regulation of such institutions
- Experience in financial services accounting under IFRS and UK GAAP.
- Knowledge of external or internal auditing techniques (including risk assessment, audit scoping, devising audit approach, controls testing, substantive testing).
- Strong interpersonal skills, including oral/written communication, and team management
- Experience in developing project deliverables (proposals, reports, presentations) to a high standard
- Highly motivated approach, with a proven ability to work on own initiative within a challenging work environment
- Good team playing skills with good organisation, planning and coaching skills
Your Service Line: Audit & Assurance:
In an industry best known for looking back, Deloitte looks beyond.
As the leading experts in Audit & Assurance, we help build and enhance trust and transparency between businesses and the public, by responding to emerging issues and protecting the public interest. Our expertise covers audit and assurance services across all sectors, enabling stronger systems of quality control and risk capability. We help companies, investors and the general public make more informed decisions by adhering to the highest standards of independence, professional objectivity and technical excellence.
Innovation is key for us, underpinned by audit quality. At Deloitte you will be joining a diverse team of experts capable of delivering meaningful and durable change for both our clients and our profession.
Regulation and controls are standard practice in our industry and Deloitte is no exception. These controls provide important legal protection for both you and the firm. We are subject to a number of audit regulations, one of which requires that certain colleagues abide by specific personal independence constraints. This can mean that you and your "Immediate Family Members" are not permitted to hold certain financial interests (shares, funds, bonds etc.) with audit clients of the firm. The recruitment team will provide further detail as you progress through the recruitment process.
Our Purpose & Strategy
To make an impact that matters for our clients, our people and society - defines who we are and what we stand for. Our purpose provides the foundation for our strategy and our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services: this is not about size, it's about being the first choice. The first choice for the largest and most influential clients, and the first choice for the best talent.
What do we do?
Deloitte offers global integrated professional services that include Audit & Assurance, Consulting, Financial Advisory, Legal, Risk Advisory and Tax Consulting. Our approach combines intellectual leadership, industrial expertise, insight, consulting & problem solving capabilities whatever the role, technology revolutions and innovation from multiple disciplines to help our clients excel anywhere in the world.
Beyond the UK: Deloitte North and South Europe
The UK is part of Deloitte North and South Europe (NSE), the second largest member firm in the Deloitte network. Deloitte NSE combines operations in Belgium, Central Mediterranean (Italy, Greece, Malta), Ireland, the Middle East (Bahrain, Cyprus, Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Oman, Palestinian Ruled Territories, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates, Yemen), the Netherlands, the Nordics (Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway and Sweden), Switzerland and the UK. Deloitte NSE brings together 2,700 partners and over 50,000 people, combining our unmatched breadth and depth of capabilities in audit and assurance, consulting, financial advisory, risk advisory, and tax and legal across the region. Being part of Deloitte NSE supports our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services and will create more opportunity and growth for our people.
What do we value?
What brings us all together at Deloitte? It’s how we approach the thousands of decisions we make every day. How we behave, our beliefs and our attitudes. In other words: our values. Whatever we do, wherever we are in the world, we lead the way, serve with integrity, take care of each other, foster inclusion, and collaborate for maximum impact. These five shared values lead every decision we make and action we take, guiding us to deliver impact how and where it matters most.
Being a Leader at Deloitte
Cultural fit and purpose-led leadership is crucial for Deloitte. Our leaders always set the example and inspire their colleagues. They make quality time for people and take an interest in them. They know what matters to people - both inside and outside work – and value them as individuals; always finding opportunities to develop them while showing respect and appreciation.
We expect colleagues at all levels to embrace and live our purpose and our leadership culture by challenging themselves to identify issues that are most important for our clients, our people, and for society and make an impact that matters. We know leadership comes in all shapes and sizes, but our Leadership Charter helps all of our people understand what we’re looking for:
- We live our purpose: we act as a role model, embracing and living our purpose and values, and recognising others for the impact they make
- We develop talent: we develop high-performing people and teams through challenging and meaningful opportunities
- We drive performance: we deliver exceptional client service; maximise results and drive high performance from people while fostering collaboration across businesses and borders
- We believe positive influence can make an impact that matters: we influence clients, teams, and individuals positively, leading by example and establishing confident relationships with increasingly senior people
- We move, together, towards a strategic direction: we understand key objectives for clients and Deloitte, aligning people to objectives and setting priorities and direction.
Please click 'Apply' to submit your application