Development Operations Engineer - Part time, Full time, Hybrid working, Flexible working
Development Operations Engineer, BI & Integration Services, Technology and Digital Services
Deloitte is transforming the way it delivers application integration, analytics and reporting to enable the business to realise its strategic objects to regionalise the firm and digitise the practice.
A corner stone of this programme is a bespoke SAP HANA data warehouse which is being further developed to extend an API catalogue, data analytics and data visualisation capability for European countries. This in turn will support the rollouts of single instance global SAP S/4 HANA and Salesforce CRM solutions plus numerous other applications. Our current focus is on UK, Switzerland, Belgium, Denmark, Ireland, Italy and the Netherlands. The goal in filling this role is to support our journey towards using Azure DevOps Pipelines and Azure Repos to manage the HANA CI/CD lifecycle and automate our deployment processes.
Your role will be to support, administrate and develop the Azure DevOps Pipelines, Git Repositories and Boards that we use to manage our CI/CD lifecycle for our Data Warehouse developments (SAP HANA). This will include configuration and management of DevOps Agents, enhancing and improving Pipeline and Release components, utilising Azure DevOps for Application Lifecycle Management, monitoring and continuously improving the platform, whilst guiding and supporting your colleagues as the Teams main DevOps expert.
- Acting as a subject matter expert for the Data Analytics platforms using modern DevOps patterns and techniques
- Define and evolve best-practices, standards, and guidelines for use of DevOps features (Boards, Repos, Pipelines and Tests)
- Act as the Azure DevOps Project Admin for the BIIS (BI and Integration Services) team
- Work with senior leadership to define platform strategies, including capabilities development.
- Support releases in line with the requirements of each project.
- Managing code repositories in Azure Repos and understanding of Git and code management concepts branching / pull requests (plus associated Branch policies)
- Set up of Build and Release Pipelines in Azure Pipelines to enable CI/CD for multiple applications and projects in SAP HANA XSA (XS Advanced), MuleSoft and others, integrating with other tools like GitHub, Jenkins, Command Line Agents etc.
- Monitor Analytics platforms and work with colleagues to identify and implement performance and functionality improvements
- Optimisation of cloud resources with a focus on best value for best performance
- Collaborate with BIIS colleagues, project team members, vendors and operational teams as required.
- The role does not require any line management responsibility but could change in the future.
Your work, your choice
At Deloitte we believe the best impact is the value we add, not the hours we sit at our desk. We carefully consider agile ways of working, both formal and informal, that allow for the best impact for our people and our clients. Please speak to your recruiter about the working pattern that works best for you.
Location: You will be assigned to a local Deloitte office but given the distributed nature of the team you should expect to work from home and the office as appropriate (Cardiff, Edinburgh, Gatwick, Glasgow, Ipswich, Leeds, Liverpool, London, Manchester, Milton Keynes, Newcastle, Nottingham, Port Talbot, Reading, Southampton, Teesside).
Work pattern: Part-time to full time role 23-35 hours per week.
Your professional experience
- Can-do, pragmatic, hands-on and innovative style of working
- Expert on Cloud (Azure) and PaaS (Platform as a Service) / SaaS (Software as a Service) technologies with a particular focus on Data Analytics platforms
- Demonstrable experience of designing and delivering pragmatic and commercially viable solutions to new and existing business challenges or opportunities using DevOps and Data Analytics
- Working knowledge of DevOps/Application Lifecycle Management tools, particularly Azure DevOps, automation and methodologies used to deploy solutions within a Cloud platform
- Familiar with Azure Repos (Git) and integration with Build Pipelines and Releases in Azure Pipelines
- Experience working with IaaS (Infrastructure as a Service) implementations such as SAP HANA on Azure Virtual Machines
- Strong knowledge of Data Engineering practices, including securely managing sensitive data at scale
- Strong working knowledge of SQL, scripting with PowerShell and / or Bash & Python
- Experience with monitoring solutions and experience of best practice and optimization
- Outstanding communication skills, both oral and written, including ability to articulate solutions to a senior as well as a detailed/technical audience
- Strong team player
- Experience working within an Enterprise software development team
- Understanding of test frameworks for automated testing/compliance
- You invest in your own development by staying up to date on technology changes and have a broad awareness of wider technology trends
- Demonstrated ability to adapt to innovative technologies, to learn quickly and pass on this knowledge onto other team members
- Experience coaching others in following best practices and new ways of working
- Experience of working with colleagues and 3rd party-development teams based offshore
- Microsoft Certified: DevOps Engineer Expert
- Hands-on SAP HANA Development experience (using WEB IDE or BTP, either using SAP Cloud Platform or on-premises XSA)
- Familiarity of BI and Data Viz tools (e.g., SAP BO (Business Objects): WEBI/A4O, Tableau, QlikView), and their appropriate use-cases
- You have worked as part of an Agile development team and have used Azure DevOps to manage development from end-to-end
- Experience with Azure DevOps Services using REST APIs and orchestration of command line script execution
- Understanding of security best practices and automating these standards as part of the release process
Your service line: Enabling Functions
At Deloitte, we’re all about making an impact that matters, together. And nowhere is this more apparent than among our 2,000 strong Enabling Functions teams. With our combined specialist skills and business partnering expertise, we provide all the essential strategy, support and advice our client-facing colleagues need, right across the firm. This enables them to focus all of their efforts on delivering the best service possible to their clients. So not only will you be providing world-class support to our internal clients, you’ll be making an impact for all the hugely influential organisations Deloitte works with too. Covering all our distinct areas: Human Resources, Clients & Industries, Finance & Legal, Central Business Services, National Quality & Risk Management, Technology & Digital Services, and Real Estate, the opportunities here are vast. And what’s more, you can grow your career in whatever direction you choose. We’ll support you all the way.
Regulation and controls are standard practice in our industry and Deloitte is no exception. These controls provide important legal protection for both you and the firm. We are subject to a number of audit regulations, one of which requires that certain colleagues abide by specific personal independence constraints. This can mean that you and your "Immediate Family Members" are not permitted to hold certain financial interests (shares, funds, bonds etc.) with audit clients of the firm. The recruitment team will provide further detail as you progress through the recruitment process.
Our Purpose & Strategy
To make an impact that matters for our clients, our people and society - defines who we are and what we stand for. Our purpose provides the foundation for our strategy and our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services: this is not about size, it's about being the first choice. The first choice for the largest and most influential clients, and the first choice for the best talent.
What do we do?
Deloitte offers global integrated professional services that include Audit & Assurance, Consulting, Financial Advisory, Legal, Risk Advisory and Tax Consulting. Our approach combines intellectual leadership, industrial expertise, insight, consulting & problem solving capabilities whatever the role, technology revolutions and innovation from multiple disciplines to help our clients excel anywhere in the world.
Beyond the UK: Deloitte North and South Europe
The UK is part of Deloitte North and South Europe (NSE), the second largest member firm in the Deloitte network. Deloitte NSE combines operations in Belgium, Central Mediterranean (Italy, Greece, Malta), Ireland, the Middle East (Bahrain, Cyprus, Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Oman, Palestinian Ruled Territories, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates, Yemen), the Netherlands, the Nordics (Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway and Sweden), Switzerland and the UK. Deloitte NSE brings together 2,700 partners and over 50,000 people, combining our unmatched breadth and depth of capabilities in audit and assurance, consulting, financial advisory, risk advisory, and tax and legal across the region. Being part of Deloitte NSE supports our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services and will create more opportunity and growth for our people.
What do we value?
What brings us all together at Deloitte? It’s how we approach the thousands of decisions we make every day. How we behave, our beliefs and our attitudes. In other words: our values. Whatever we do, wherever we are in the world, we lead the way, serve with integrity, take care of each other, foster inclusion, and collaborate for maximum impact. These five shared values lead every decision we make and action we take, guiding us to deliver impact how and where it matters most.
Being a Leader at Deloitte
Cultural fit and purpose-led leadership is crucial for Deloitte. Our leaders always set the example and inspire their colleagues. They make quality time for people and take an interest in them. They know what matters to people - both inside and outside work – and value them as individuals; always finding opportunities to develop them while showing respect and appreciation.
We expect colleagues at all levels to embrace and live our purpose and our leadership culture by challenging themselves to identify issues that are most important for our clients, our people, and for society and make an impact that matters. We know leadership comes in all shapes and sizes, but our Leadership Charter helps all of our people understand what we’re looking for:
- We live our purpose: we act as a role model, embracing and living our purpose and values, and recognising others for the impact they make
- We develop talent: we develop high-performing people and teams through challenging and meaningful opportunities
- We drive performance: we deliver exceptional client service; maximise results and drive high performance from people while fostering collaboration across businesses and borders
- We believe positive influence can make an impact that matters: we influence clients, teams, and individuals positively, leading by example and establishing confident relationships with increasingly senior people
- We move, together, towards a strategic direction: we understand key objectives for clients and Deloitte, aligning people to objectives and setting priorities and direction.
Please click 'Apply' to submit your application