Consultant, EMEA Centre for Regulatory Strategy - Part time, Full time, Homeworking
Consultant, EMEA Centre for Regulatory Strategy, Financial Services, Risk Advisory
We are the Deloitte EMEA Centre for Regulatory Strategy (ECRS).
We help the senior leadership teams at Deloitte’s clients to anticipate, understand and respond to how changes in financial services policy and regulation will affect their business strategies, operating models and legal entity structures.
Our team is based in the UK but we operate across the EMEA region, supported by a network of Deloitte practitioners. We also work closely with our Centres in the US and Asia Pacific.
We realise the value of our insights by strengthening Deloitte's capabilities, raising its profile in the market, and by deepening client relationships. We achieve this by:
- Developing high-quality and client-relevant regulatory analyses (thought leadership);
- Monitoring emerging policy and regulatory issues;
- Providing targeted support for client projects as subject-matter experts.
As an entry-level Consultant in our team, you will develop your strategic thinking and gain a broad view and understanding of international, European, and UK financial services policy and regulation. You will also collaborate with regulatory specialists across Deloitte to assess how policy and regulatory change will affect our clients, and how they should respond.
We are recruiting for an entry-level consultant to join the ECRS. You will work in a diverse team with an inclusive team culture where people are recognised for their contribution.
On a day-to-day basis, you will:
- Support the tracking, research and analysis of upcoming financial services policy and regulation developments;
- Help determine the critical issues that arise and their strategic implications for our clients and the industry, working in close collaboration with other Deloitte regulatory specialists.
- Help identify relevant topics for assessment as the regulatory landscape develops;
- Draft client briefing notes, presentations and reports to disseminate our insights; and
- Support the ECRS management team and operations.
Your work, your choice
At Deloitte we believe the best impact is the value we add, not the hours we sit at our desk. We carefully consider agile ways of working, both formal and informal, that allow for the best impact for our people and our clients. Please speak to your recruiter about the working pattern that works best for you.
Location: You will be based at our London office, with the option of working from home flexibly.
Work pattern: Permanent, full/part-time.
Your Professional Experience
We are open to candidates from any background who are able to demonstrate that they possess the skills and experience we are looking for, and that they would help drive forward our work.
All associates joining the ECRS must:
- Demonstrate a keen interest in and willingness to learn about the financial services sector and regulatory environment;
- Be curious and able to research complex and challenging topics;
- Be able to process large amounts of information, summarise it effectively, picking out the most important issues;
- Have good writing and presentation skills;
- Be organised, hard-working, a self-starter and a team player; and
- Have a working knowledge of Microsoft Office Apps (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint).
Other desirable (but not essential) skills and experience include:
- Prior experience in writing clear and compelling articles, reports, and/or presentations;
- Awareness of EU/UK policy and rule-making process and regulatory developments relevant to financial services;
- Understanding of how financial services firms and financial markets operate; and
- Proven ability to build relationships quickly with a variety of stakeholders.
Your service line: Risk Advisory
In Risk Advisory, our thinking and actions give clients, our people and society the confidence to grow responsibly in a rapidly changing world. We don’t just work with our clients to manage risk, we help them understand and grab the opportunities it presents too, helping them gain a competitive advantage. Our expertise and industry knowledge run deep here. At Deloitte, you’ll find yourself working with some of the most inspiring and experienced colleagues and with clients who trust you to lead the way to smart choices, better control frameworks, and new systems, including bespoke solutions that have a direct impact on their bottom line.
Regulation and controls are standard practice in our industry and Deloitte is no exception. These controls provide important legal protection for both you and the firm. We are subject to a number of audit regulations, one of which requires that certain colleagues abide by specific personal independence constraints. This can mean that you and your "Immediate Family Members" are not permitted to hold certain financial interests (shares, funds, bonds etc.) with audit clients of the firm. The recruitment team will provide further detail as you progress through the recruitment process.
Our Purpose & Strategy
To make an impact that matters for our clients, our people and society - defines who we are and what we stand for. Our purpose provides the foundation for our strategy and our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services: this is not about size, it's about being the first choice. The first choice for the largest and most influential clients, and the first choice for the best talent.
What do we do?
Deloitte offers global integrated professional services that include Audit & Assurance, Consulting, Financial Advisory, Legal, Risk Advisory and Tax Consulting. Our approach combines intellectual leadership, industrial expertise, insight, consulting & problem solving capabilities whatever the role, technology revolutions and innovation from multiple disciplines to help our clients excel anywhere in the world.
Beyond the UK: Deloitte North and South Europe
The UK is part of Deloitte North and South Europe (NSE), the second largest member firm in the Deloitte network. Deloitte NSE combines operations in Belgium, Central Mediterranean (Italy, Greece, Malta), Ireland, the Middle East (Bahrain, Cyprus, Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Oman, Palestinian Ruled Territories, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates, Yemen), the Netherlands, the Nordics (Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway and Sweden), Switzerland and the UK. Deloitte NSE brings together 2,700 partners and over 50,000 people, combining our unmatched breadth and depth of capabilities in audit and assurance, consulting, financial advisory, risk advisory, and tax and legal across the region. Being part of Deloitte NSE supports our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services and will create more opportunity and growth for our people.
What do we value?
What brings us all together at Deloitte? It’s how we approach the thousands of decisions we make every day. How we behave, our beliefs and our attitudes. In other words: our values. Whatever we do, wherever we are in the world, we lead the way, serve with integrity, take care of each other, foster inclusion, and collaborate for maximum impact. These five shared values lead every decision we make and action we take, guiding us to deliver impact how and where it matters most.
Being a Leader at Deloitte
Cultural fit and purpose-led leadership is crucial for Deloitte. Our leaders always set the example and inspire their colleagues. They make quality time for people and take an interest in them. They know what matters to people - both inside and outside work – and value them as individuals; always finding opportunities to develop them while showing respect and appreciation.
We expect colleagues at all levels to embrace and live our purpose and our leadership culture by challenging themselves to identify issues that are most important for our clients, our people, and for society and make an impact that matters. We know leadership comes in all shapes and sizes, but our Leadership Charter helps all of our people understand what we’re looking for:
- We live our purpose: we act as a role model, embracing and living our purpose and values, and recognising others for the impact they make
- We develop talent: we develop high-performing people and teams through challenging and meaningful opportunities
- We drive performance: we deliver exceptional client service; maximise results and drive high performance from people while fostering collaboration across businesses and borders
- We believe positive influence can make an impact that matters: we influence clients, teams, and individuals positively, leading by example and establishing confident relationships with increasingly senior people
- We move, together, towards a strategic direction: we understand key objectives for clients and Deloitte, aligning people to objectives and setting priorities and direction.
Please click 'Apply' to submit your application