Senior Assistant/Analyst, Scrum Master - Flexible and hybrid working available
Senior Assistant/Analyst, Scrum Master, Technology and Digital Services
As a Scrum Master you will be joining the UK Digital Services team within our Enabling Functions. Our purpose as a team is to engage with and co-create consumer grade digital experiences for our own employees so that they feel supported and inspired by the firm. In this role, you will be responsible for leading our multi functional product management and development through Agile and Scrum practices on a day to day basis.
This is a role suited to an individual who has recently passed or is working towards their Scrum Master Certification You will be responsible for ensuring that our team adhere to key planning and delivery principles and expected to actively participate in our weekly Scrum of Scrums and give inputs on wider planning, resource mapping and team wellbeing.
Your responsibility is to coach the team in the values, principles, and processes of the Scrum framework. Some of your responsibilities will include:
- Collaborating with and aligning technical and non-technical team members to translate customer needs into world-class solutions.
- Leading / coaching teams new to Agile methodologies.
- Identify / Manage / Mitigate risks and dependencies to prevent issues.
- Align / Ensure end-to-end solution success and readiness including working with teams to define the definition of done, and definition of ready.
- Provide / Accept continuous feedback in the spirit of continuous improvement.
- Ensure Scrum ceremonies are collaborative, occur on time, and adhere to “best practice”.
- Hosts & sets up Daily Stand-up Meetings, Sprint Planning Meetings, Retrospectives and Reviews.
- Leading teams through release management retros.
- Successfully onboarding new team members.
- Promote a healthy and sustainable work environment by using teams’ average velocity to properly size Sprints.
- Coordinate cross functionally to remove blockers and manage dependencies.
- Continuously drive execution and accountability.
- Monitor / Communicate solution status.
- When needed, do “whatever it takes” to ensure success.
- Maintain and champion the team Wiki and ensure that documentation is kept up to date.
What you’ll deliver
- Daily stand ups, bi-weekly planning, and retrospectives sessions for each product workstream (currently three).
- Retro summary email to leadership team.
- Sprint Review Skeleton documents.
- Burn down chart.
- Planning & estimation – Deliver book of work for the week with each ticket/user story estimated.
Your work, your choice
Location: The Digital Services team is based in London Deloitte campus but operate in a hybrid way. Occasional travel to Amsterdam may be required.
Work pattern: This is a permanent opportunity. The role can be worked on a full-time basis.
“Our team members work a variety of agile working patterns. Tell us what arrangement works for you and we’ll try to accommodate.”
Your Professional Experience
- The ideal candidate will have at least two years’ experience as a Scrum master and ideally have, or are in the process of completing, a Scrum Master qualification.
- Experience of working in multi-disciplinary teams of designers, developers and product leads is essential, and experience of working within a large corporate organisation is desirable.
- The successful candidate will also be familiar with the use Kanban/Scrum and understand DevOps principles. Use of Azure DevOps would be beneficial, although full training will be provided.
- Ability to analyse and think quickly and to resolve conflict.
- Knowledgeable in techniques to fill in gaps in the scrum.
- Ability to determine what is scrum and what is not.
- Experience with successful Agile techniques.
- Ability to work with and lead a team.
- Attention to detail and follow up – nothing escapes you or falls through the cracks.
- Strong communication, interpersonal and mentoring skills.
- Ability to adapt to a changing environment.
- Self-motivation and ability to stay focused.
- Outstanding communication, facilitation, negotiation, and coaching skills.
Your service line: Enabling Functions
At Deloitte, we’re all about making an impact that matters, together. And nowhere is this more apparent than among our 2,000 strong Enabling Functions teams. With our combined specialist skills and business partnering expertise, we provide all the essential strategy, support, and advice our client-facing colleagues need, right across the firm. This enables them to focus all their efforts on delivering the best service possible to their clients. So not only will you be providing world-class support to our internal clients, but you’ll be also making an impact for all the hugely influential organisations Deloitte works with too. Covering all our distinct areas: Human Resources, Clients & Industries, Finance & Legal, Central Business Services, National Quality & Risk Management, Technology & Digital Services, and Real Estate, the opportunities here are vast. And what’s more, you can grow your career in whatever direction you choose. We’ll support you all the way.
Regulation and controls are standard practice in our industry and Deloitte is no exception. These controls provide important legal protection for both you and the firm. We are subject to a number of audit regulations, one of which requires that certain colleagues abide by specific personal independence constraints. This can mean that you and your "Immediate Family Members" are not permitted to hold certain financial interests (shares, funds, bonds etc.) with audit clients of the firm. The recruitment team will provide further detail as you progress through the recruitment process.
Our Purpose & Strategy
To make an impact that matters for our clients, our people and society - defines who we are and what we stand for. Our purpose provides the foundation for our strategy and our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services: this is not about size, it's about being the first choice. The first choice for the largest and most influential clients, and the first choice for the best talent.
What do we do?
Deloitte offers global integrated professional services that include Audit & Assurance, Consulting, Financial Advisory, Legal, Risk Advisory and Tax Consulting. Our approach combines intellectual leadership, industrial expertise, insight, consulting & problem solving capabilities whatever the role, technology revolutions and innovation from multiple disciplines to help our clients excel anywhere in the world.
Beyond the UK: Deloitte North and South Europe
The UK is part of Deloitte North and South Europe (NSE), the second largest member firm in the Deloitte network. Deloitte NSE combines operations in Belgium, Central Mediterranean (Italy, Greece, Malta), Ireland, the Middle East (Bahrain, Cyprus, Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Oman, Palestinian Ruled Territories, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates, Yemen), the Netherlands, the Nordics (Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway and Sweden), Switzerland and the UK. Deloitte NSE brings together 2,700 partners and over 50,000 people, combining our unmatched breadth and depth of capabilities in audit and assurance, consulting, financial advisory, risk advisory, and tax and legal across the region. Being part of Deloitte NSE supports our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services and will create more opportunity and growth for our people.
What do we value?
What brings us all together at Deloitte? It’s how we approach the thousands of decisions we make every day. How we behave, our beliefs and our attitudes. In other words: our values. Whatever we do, wherever we are in the world, we lead the way, serve with integrity, take care of each other, foster inclusion, and collaborate for maximum impact. These five shared values lead every decision we make and action we take, guiding us to deliver impact how and where it matters most.
Being a Leader at Deloitte
Cultural fit and purpose-led leadership is crucial for Deloitte. Our leaders always set the example and inspire their colleagues. They make quality time for people and take an interest in them. They know what matters to people - both inside and outside work – and value them as individuals; always finding opportunities to develop them while showing respect and appreciation.
We expect colleagues at all levels to embrace and live our purpose and our leadership culture by challenging themselves to identify issues that are most important for our clients, our people, and for society and make an impact that matters. We know leadership comes in all shapes and sizes, but our Leadership Charter helps all of our people understand what we’re looking for:
- We live our purpose: we act as a role model, embracing and living our purpose and values, and recognising others for the impact they make
- We develop talent: we develop high-performing people and teams through challenging and meaningful opportunities
- We drive performance: we deliver exceptional client service; maximise results and drive high performance from people while fostering collaboration across businesses and borders
- We believe positive influence can make an impact that matters: we influence clients, teams, and individuals positively, leading by example and establishing confident relationships with increasingly senior people
- We move, together, towards a strategic direction: we understand key objectives for clients and Deloitte, aligning people to objectives and setting priorities and direction.
Please click 'Apply' to submit your application