Professional Resourcing Assessment Manager, Human Resources - Flexible working, Returners
Deloitte is a global leader in professional services and each year we hire over 7,000 talented people into our UK firm so that our people can fulfil the firm's purpose; to make an impact that matters for our colleagues, our clients and for society.
The Assessment team is integral to recruitment delivery, ensuring we hire the best talent in the marketplace and deliver an exceptional candidate experience. This team will design and execute selection strategies which ensure candidates perform at their best, remove barriers for under-represented groups and enable Deloitte to make confident hiring decisions.
This role is responsible for providing subject matter expertise to shape and guide our Professional Resourcing assessment approach up to Senior Manager level and including Associate hiring. You will also be responsible for maintaining, designing and implementing programme and strategies to improve the diversity of those we hire. Reporting to the Head of Assessment, you will work closely with the Professional Resourcing Leadership team.
- Lead diagnostic work relevant to professional candidate assessment (up to Senior Manager level) and identify and report on assessment interventions/ solutions that will improve current practice and process
- Monitor, identify and support existing selection strategies (and programmes) that remove barriers and improve hire conversion of under-represented groups (return to workers, military hires, mature applicants, females, neurodiverse/ health conditions, disabled, ethnic minority, low socio mobility)
- Create assessment solutions that align with our contingent hire assessment strategy, to increase the robustness of our practice in this area
- Collaborate with the Experience & Enabling Technology team to evaluate the effective use of our digital assessment center platform (DAC) and online assessment technologies to ensure effective usage by recruiter facilitators, hiring managers and candidates
- Support the Head of Assessment and Head of Experience & Enabling Technology with the review of our suite of assessment technologies and suppliers, to ensure we are making best use of current tech, benefit from upgrades and build awareness of new technologies that align with our resourcing tech strategy
- Respond to ad-hoc assessment requests made by the business or service line aligned Resourcing Business Partners and decide whether the request fits with our assessment strategy, level of priority and respond accordingly
- Research and report on leading assessment practice and innovation in area of focus, sharing these insights with the Head of Assessment, Resourcing leadership and for broader discussion with resourcing colleagues and business stakeholders
- Establish a clear programme of work that accounts for the maintenance and improvement of existing assessment solutions (psychometrics, interview guides, case studies, assessment center exercises etc.) and requirements for new/ growth areas
- Create business buy-in for new solutions/ enhancements and fully scope the work, deciding the most suitable resources to deliver (gig team member/ supplier/ self)
- Ensure recruiters, schedulers and talent team coordinators are well briefed on assessment solutions for their area, have easy access to the latest materials and can confidently discuss these solutions with hiring managers. Monitor compliance with assessment practice, use of materials, process, quality of evaluation (feedback notes etc.) and make recommendations to improve where necessary
- Plan and execute activities excellently, leading others where needed, managing stakeholders and their expectations to meet deadlines
- Collaborate with internal teams to negotiate supplier agreements as required
- Agile in approach, effectively being able to embrace change and adapt accordingly
Your work, your choice
At Deloitte we believe the best impact is the value we add, not the hours we sit at our desk. We carefully consider agile ways of working, both formal and informal, that allow for the best impact for our people and our clients. Please speak to your recruiter about the working pattern that works best for you.
Location: Location is flexible, however there would be a requirement for the role holder to be able to travel to London when required.
Work pattern: This is a permanent contract opportunity and can be worked on a full-time basis.
We are proud to offer flexible working arrangements which allow our people to choose the most suitable working arrangement that works for them. Whether this is working 4 days per week, taking the summer months off work, or more flexibility around your working pattern, we consider both formal and informal working arrangements that allow our people and our clients the best outcome. If you would like to hear more about our flexible working arrangements, please let us know.
Are you looking to return to the workplace after an extended career break?
For this role we can offer coaching and support designed for returners to refresh your knowledge and skills and help your transition back into the workplace after a career break of 2 years or more. If this is relevant for you, just let your recruiter know when you make your application.
Your professional experience
- Considerable experience in experienced hire assessment and selection within a multi-disciplinary, professional, high-volume hiring environment, advising, designing and implementing large scale assessment and selection tools and processes
- Preferably with a business psychology or related discipline (organisational psychology, human resources, organisational behaviour)
- Knowledgeable of best practice and assessment/ development approaches used by organisations with similar skill sets
- Strong internal and external consulting, influence and stakeholder management skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills - strong communicator, both verbally and in writing, including presentation skills.
- High level of attention to detail
- Strong project management skills
Your Service Line: Central Business Services (CBS)
CBS comprises seven service areas: Business Support Services; C&I Services; HR Services; IT Business Services; IT Infrastructure Services; Quality, Risk and Security Services; and Workplace Services. We also have two central teams - Delivery Partners and Vendor Management, and Service Management and CSI. Here is where we deliver world-class business support services for our people, our clients and our firm. From HR services, technology and digital support and pensions, to facilities management, and more - together we are a true enabler for better business. Highly skilled, experienced service delivery professionals, we have complete responsibility for processes that drive efficiency and deliver impact. Not just for our internal customers, but for the clients Deloitte works with too. We’re transforming what it means to work in business services; join us and you’ll experience a career full of fantastic opportunities.
Regulation and controls are standard practice in our industry and Deloitte is no exception. These controls provide important legal protection for both you and the firm. We are subject to a number of audit regulations, one of which requires that certain colleagues abide by specific personal independence constraints. This can mean that you and your "Immediate Family Members" are not permitted to hold certain financial interests (shares, funds, bonds etc.) with audit clients of the firm. The recruitment team will provide further detail as you progress through the recruitment process.
Our Purpose & Strategy
To make an impact that matters for our clients, our people and society - defines who we are and what we stand for. Our purpose provides the foundation for our strategy and our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services: this is not about size, it's about being the first choice. The first choice for the largest and most influential clients, and the first choice for the best talent.
What do we do?
Deloitte offers global integrated professional services that include Audit & Assurance, Consulting, Financial Advisory, Legal, Risk Advisory and Tax Consulting. Our approach combines intellectual leadership, industrial expertise, insight, consulting & problem solving capabilities whatever the role, technology revolutions and innovation from multiple disciplines to help our clients excel anywhere in the world.
Beyond the UK: Deloitte North and South Europe
The UK is part of Deloitte North and South Europe (NSE), the second largest member firm in the Deloitte network. Deloitte NSE combines operations in Belgium, Central Mediterranean (Italy, Greece, Malta), Ireland, the Middle East (Bahrain, Cyprus, Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Oman, Palestinian Ruled Territories, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates, Yemen), the Netherlands, the Nordics (Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway and Sweden), Switzerland and the UK. Deloitte NSE brings together 2,700 partners and over 50,000 people, combining our unmatched breadth and depth of capabilities in audit and assurance, consulting, financial advisory, risk advisory, and tax and legal across the region. Being part of Deloitte NSE supports our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services and will create more opportunity and growth for our people.
What do we value?
What brings us all together at Deloitte? It’s how we approach the thousands of decisions we make every day. How we behave, our beliefs and our attitudes. In other words: our values. Whatever we do, wherever we are in the world, we lead the way, serve with integrity, take care of each other, foster inclusion, and collaborate for maximum impact. These five shared values lead every decision we make and action we take, guiding us to deliver impact how and where it matters most.
Being a Leader at Deloitte
Cultural fit and purpose-led leadership is crucial for Deloitte. Our leaders always set the example and inspire their colleagues. They make quality time for people and take an interest in them. They know what matters to people - both inside and outside work – and value them as individuals; always finding opportunities to develop them while showing respect and appreciation.
We expect colleagues at all levels to embrace and live our purpose and our leadership culture by challenging themselves to identify issues that are most important for our clients, our people, and for society and make an impact that matters. We know leadership comes in all shapes and sizes, but our Leadership Charter helps all of our people understand what we’re looking for:
- We live our purpose: we act as a role model, embracing and living our purpose and values, and recognising others for the impact they make
- We develop talent: we develop high-performing people and teams through challenging and meaningful opportunities
- We drive performance: we deliver exceptional client service; maximise results and drive high performance from people while fostering collaboration across businesses and borders
- We believe positive influence can make an impact that matters: we influence clients, teams, and individuals positively, leading by example and establishing confident relationships with increasingly senior people
- We move, together, towards a strategic direction: we understand key objectives for clients and Deloitte, aligning people to objectives and setting priorities and direction.
Please click 'Apply' to submit your application