Senior Credit Officer - Open to flexible working
Lloyds Banking Group is a customer focused, sustainable, efficient and low risk UK financial services leader with distinctive capabilities and a clear purpose of Helping Britain Prosper. We're the largest UK retail and commercial financial services provider, with a presence in nearly every community!
This is an exciting opportunity to join a brand new team within SMC Credit and forms a key part of LBG's strategy for 2022. The Growth & Structured Finance Credit Team will work closely with the equivalent team in the coverage business to analyse, structure and approve mainly specialist/leveraged debt facilities for SME clients and prospects. This will incorporate a range of funding requirements which will vary in complexity including MBOs, mergers and acquisitions and funding for growth. Often this will include lending not covered in full by traditional assets.
The role includes leadership responsibilities acting as a role model and supporting the learning and development of colleagues delivered by providing regular constructive feedback and assisting development.
Internal networking and relationships with colleagues in the SMC Network including the Growth & Structured Finance Team, Relationship Teams, SMC Specialist Client Solutions and Client Products will be paramount to the team's success.
The role also provides the opportunity to influence and shape SMC Credit's overall proposition to this part of the market and to drive investment in the right long term support for our customers.
A strong internal profile would be advantageous to ensure sharing of knowledge, market intelligence and competitive dynamics.
- Excellent credit skills and debt structuring experience to focus on the best opportunities aligned to Credit & Sector policies.
- Promote high quality deal analysis and sanctioning.
- Deliver an efficient client and credit process for successful deal completion through an in-depth understanding of the client and the request.
- Contribute to quality delivery of funding packages and support the overall team, SMC Coverage and SMC Credit performance.
- Ensure compliance with Bank and regulatory policy and other rules and regulations in order to minimise risk.
- Aid the delivery of the wider SMC Credit plan.
- Experience of complex financial analysis and appropriate transaction structures
- Commercial credit sanctioning experience including the utilisation of a material personal sanctioning authority
- Solid understanding of Credit Risk, Compliance and Regulatory Management within banking
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and influencing capability
- Leadership and stakeholder management experience
- Ability to work as part of a larger team
- Project Management skills
The role will suit individuals who enjoy working as part of a team on complex transactions and developing others to achieve results.
Does this sound like you? If so, then please get in touch, we'd love to hear from you. In return for bringing us your enthusiasm and engagement, we're offering a strong platform to help advance your career. You'll be welcomed into a dedicated team renowned for developing talent where you'll make a big contribution to Helping Britain Prosper.
As a team, we are keen to encourage diversity and as part of that we already support a variety of agile working arrangements for colleagues. Applications from those wishing to work on an agile basis are very welcome.
What you'd get in return
- We'll give you a broad remuneration package which includes:
- A performance share bonus
- A generous pension contribution
- A flex cash pot you can adjust to suit your lifestyle
- Private health cover
- 30 days holiday plus bank holidays
We're focused on creating a values-led culture, and our approach to inclusion and diversity means that we all have the opportunity to make a real difference, together.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Together we make it possible.