Head of General Insurance and Protection Legal - Open to flexible working
At Lloyds Banking Group (LBG), we have a clear mission to Help Britain Prosper by creating a more sustainable and inclusive future for people and businesses, shaping finance as a force for good. Our mission is everything. It's what drives us, what makes us different and defines how we will grow. It's how we'll create a future where our planet is cared for, people feel safe and included and businesses and communities can thrive.
In LBG we will lead in the bold decisions we will make for the workplace we create. We will search for new ways to work with people, communities and businesses, to always evolve with their needs. And we will never stop innovating to make sustainable, ethical choices easy and rewarding.
We are reshaping financial services so they'll work for Britain, for generations to come.
This role is available full time. We are looking for the best person for the role, and are happy to discuss flexible working options. This role is with the Insurance & Wealth Legal & Secretariat team ("I&W L&S team"), which is part of Legal & Secretariat ("L&S").
The General Insurance and Protection ("GI&P") Legal team provide legal advice on a range of contractual, product and claims related issues to the GI&P business as part of the Insurance & Wealth ("I&W") division. The team is a mix of commercial contract and insurance product lawyers from different backgrounds, but we all share in the common vision of providing commercially focussed legal solutions to Help Britain Prosper. Products are sold through third party intermediaries, direct and through the retail branch network. In addition to life and home insurance products which are underwritten in-house, the business distributes several third party underwritten products including Motor, Commercial Lines, Legal Expenses and Home Emergency cover.
What you'll have:
We're looking for someone who is a collaborative, adaptable and a strategic leader.
You'll be a qualified solicitor, barrister (or equivalent) with experience leading teams and advising on the insurance sector, including contractual, product development and/or regulatory matters, gained in a top law firm and/or an in-house legal function. You'll be confident in leading and delivering complex projects within a legal context. You'll enjoy working closely with business partners to provide strategic legal solutions and be adept at identifying and handling legal risks. Strong communication is a must. The role requires excellent relationship management with leaders in the GI&P business, including areas that support that business, and the wider L&S and I&W communities.
What you'll do:
- Provide insightful and innovative high quality legal advice and guidance to the GI&P and wider I&W business on general insurance and protection matters, including advising on ringfencing, legal entities and supporting Group and I&W in mitigating legal risk and horizon legal risk.
- Lead a collaborative team of legal professionals, who partner with the I&W business, to advise on a range of matters key to the GI&P strategy, in the context of the regulatory environment we operate in. You'll mentor your team to be trusted advisers and develop the skills needed for the future.
- Lead legal input to strategic projects, organising appropriate resource to meet business needs within budget.
- Support the General Counsel & Company Secretary, I&W in discharging their responsibilities.
- Proactively challenge, advise and influence senior management and executives on a wide range of legal issues including on high value transactions.
- You'll be a permanent attendee of the GI Broker Boards and advise these Boards.
- As part of the I&W L&S leadership team and the L&S extended leadership team, help us proactively shape the strategic direction of our L&S community and the I&W L&S team.
- Proactively build, develop and maintain external and internal networks to provide appropriate professional advice.
- Utilise your knowledge and expertise to provide thought leadership on legal trends and developments both internally and externally, and look for opportunities to champion change, inclusion and improvement.
And in return:
It is a very exciting time to join LBG. Together we'll continue our market leading, ground breaking transformation and you'll help us realise the Group's vision to become the Best Bank for Customers. Here, you'll grow as a person and develop your career.
In addition to the salary quoted (dependent upon experience and location), the position also offers:
- Discretionary Performance Share Award
- Generous pension contribution
- A flex benefits cash pot you can adjust to suit your lifestyle (4% on top of your basic salary)
- Private health cover
- Share schemes
- 30 days holiday plus bank holidays
Our continued commitment to helping Britain recover means that as a colleague you can make a difference to customers, businesses and communities.
Together we have a key role to play in shaping the bank of the future, whilst the scale and reach of our Group means you'll continue to have opportunities to learn, grow and develop.
We're committed to building a workforce which reflects the diversity of the customers and communities we serve, and to building an inclusive environment where all our colleagues can be themselves and succeed on merit. We support the principles of agile working and are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We're an equal opportunity employer and deeply value diversity within our organisation
Please get in touch if you need us to make any reasonable adjustments for you.
So if you have the skills we're looking for, we'd love to hear from you!
Together we make it possible!