Venture Lead, Deloitte Ventures - Flexible & hybrid working available
Venture Lead, Deloitte Ventures, Financial Advisory
This is your opportunity to join Deloitte Ventures within the Financial Advisory service line, an exciting and entrepreneurial part of the firm, dedicated to exploring disruptive technology and delivering new business models – the home of our product businesses, a well as our Ventures incubators and studios.
We are looking for a curious and creative individual that is passionate about helping to grow and launch innovative concepts that solve our customer’s most complex challenges in a swift and radical way.
With the agility of a start-up, but within the world’s largest professional services firm, we bring together creative problem solvers, doers and makers from all walks of life. Together, we see a better future. And then create it.
We are proud to offer flexible working arrangements which allow our people to choose the most suitable working arrangement that works for them. Whether this is working 4 days per week, taking the summer months off work, or more flexibility around your working pattern, we consider both formal and informal working arrangements that allow our people and our clients the best outcome.
If you would like to hear more about our flexible working arrangements, please let us know.
About Digital Financial Advisory
Digital Financial advisory is a powerful combination of a ventures, product and technology business. We draw from our teams’ knowledge and experience to deliver innovation and to identify, develop and commercialise solutions that carry Deloitte value across our business and clients.
- Working closely with senior stakeholders in our Financial Advisory business to incubate and develop new ventures and offerings
- Defining and clearly articulating the problems to be solved, and how the proposed solution will solve them
- Formulating hypotheses about the best course of action at each stage of venture development, gathering data and information from a wide variety of sources to develop insights that address:
- Desirability: is there demand for the solution, is it scalable across multiple clients
- Feasibility: collaborating with technical teams to understand the feasibility of the proposed venture and the resources required to develop it
- Viability: is there a solid validated business case that makes economic sense for Deloitte.
- Evaluate the market to identify who are our potential competitors or partners and what is our best strategic approach
- Assembling the commercial case for the venture and pitch for funding from budget holders
- Testing market response through workshops, interviews, and prototypes
- Refining and shape the product concept in line with lean start-up principles
Your work, your choice
At Deloitte we believe the best impact is the value we add, not the hours we sit at our desk. We carefully consider agile ways of working, both formal and informal, that allow for the best impact for our people and our clients. Please speak to your recruiter about the working pattern that works best for you.
Location: You will be based at our London office, with the option of working from home from time to time.
Work pattern: This is a permanent contract opportunity. Our team members work a variety of agile working patterns. Tell us what arrangement works for you and we'll try to accommodate.
Your professional experience
The successful candidates will have an ability to learn quickly, manage multiple priorities and stakeholders at once and most importantly, will have a natural curiosity and desire to be at the forefront of Deloitte’s venturing.
We are also interested in the following:
- Experience and demonstrable interest in corporate innovation and/or in the start-up ecosystem and/or in a commercial product role
- Problem solver – Able to solve ambiguous problems, in a structured and logical way
- Commercial acumen – an understanding of B2B commercial drivers and business cases
- Tenacity – self-motivated to own and solve complex business challenges
- Experience running or participating in an Incubator
- Have founded and run their own start-up
- Venture Capital or funding evaluation experience
Your service line: Financial Advisory
Advising clients in the moments that define their business takes multiple layers of expertise. Much more than due-diligence, this is about diverse teams of specialists coming together, crossing service lines and international borders to tackle the many, complex issues involved in major transactions. And we have one of the broadest networks in the business. Here, you’ll find fascinating, career-building projects, market leading approaches, cutting-edge resources, huge clients and inspirational colleagues. As well as opportunities to develop a deep industry or product specialism.
Regulation and controls are standard practice in our industry and Deloitte is no exception. These controls provide important legal protection for both you and the firm. We are subject to a number of audit regulations, one of which requires that certain colleagues abide by specific personal independence constraints. This can mean that you and your "Immediate Family Members" are not permitted to hold certain financial interests (shares, funds, bonds etc.) with audit clients of the firm. The recruitment team will provide further detail as you progress through the recruitment process.
Our Purpose & Strategy
To make an impact that matters for our clients, our people and society - defines who we are and what we stand for. Our purpose provides the foundation for our strategy and our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services: this is not about size, it's about being the first choice. The first choice for the largest and most influential clients, and the first choice for the best talent.
What do we do?
Deloitte offers global integrated professional services that include Audit & Assurance, Consulting, Financial Advisory, Legal, Risk Advisory and Tax Consulting. Our approach combines intellectual leadership, industrial expertise, insight, consulting & problem solving capabilities whatever the role, technology revolutions and innovation from multiple disciplines to help our clients excel anywhere in the world.
Beyond the UK: Deloitte North and South Europe
The UK is part of Deloitte North and South Europe (NSE), the second largest member firm in the Deloitte network. Deloitte NSE combines operations in Belgium, Central Mediterranean (Italy, Greece, Malta), Ireland, the Middle East (Bahrain, Cyprus, Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Oman, Palestinian Ruled Territories, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates, Yemen), the Netherlands, the Nordics (Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway and Sweden), Switzerland and the UK. Deloitte NSE brings together 2,700 partners and over 50,000 people, combining our unmatched breadth and depth of capabilities in audit and assurance, consulting, financial advisory, risk advisory, and tax and legal across the region. Being part of Deloitte NSE supports our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services and will create more opportunity and growth for our people.
What do we value?
What brings us all together at Deloitte? It’s how we approach the thousands of decisions we make every day. How we behave, our beliefs and our attitudes. In other words: our values. Whatever we do, wherever we are in the world, we lead the way, serve with integrity, take care of each other, foster inclusion, and collaborate for maximum impact. These five shared values lead every decision we make and action we take, guiding us to deliver impact how and where it matters most.
Being a Leader at Deloitte
Cultural fit and purpose-led leadership is crucial for Deloitte. Our leaders always set the example and inspire their colleagues. They make quality time for people and take an interest in them. They know what matters to people - both inside and outside work – and value them as individuals; always finding opportunities to develop them while showing respect and appreciation.
We expect colleagues at all levels to embrace and live our purpose and our leadership culture by challenging themselves to identify issues that are most important for our clients, our people, and for society and make an impact that matters. We know leadership comes in all shapes and sizes, but our Leadership Charter helps all of our people understand what we’re looking for:
- We live our purpose: we act as a role model, embracing and living our purpose and values, and recognising others for the impact they make
- We develop talent: we develop high-performing people and teams through challenging and meaningful opportunities
- We drive performance: we deliver exceptional client service; maximise results and drive high performance from people while fostering collaboration across businesses and borders
- We believe positive influence can make an impact that matters: we influence clients, teams, and individuals positively, leading by example and establishing confident relationships with increasingly senior people
- We move, together, towards a strategic direction: we understand key objectives for clients and Deloitte, aligning people to objectives and setting priorities and direction.
Please click 'Apply' to submit your application