Head of Liquidity Risk - Open to flexible working
At Lloyds Banking Group, we have a clear purpose; to help Britain prosper and to become the best Financial Services provider for our customers. Through our brands, our Group has a relationship with just about every household and community in the UK. We underpin the lives of millions of individuals and businesses and play a key role in helping to build a growing UK economy.
Managing liquidity risk is fundamental to the success of the bank and in turn helping Britain prosper. We are currently looking to recruit a Head of Liquidity Risk. This is a rare opportunity to lead and develop a small, specialist team which has a pivotal role in keeping the bank safe and delivering the Risk agenda. You'll be working within the broader Market & Liquidity Risk team in a collaborative fashion overseeing and challenging the Group's liquidity policies and practices, and reassuring management that our plans are resilient, credible and plausible.
Offering you both opportunity and profile - we'll provide you with a diverse, energising and lively environment whilst supporting your personal and professional development, enabling you to make a genuine difference throughout your career with us.
The main purpose of the Liquidity Risk team is to ensure that the risk appetite framework of limits and controls, policies and governance that will operate across all Liquidity risks are challenged and overseen to agreed standards. This is achieved through the following specific role responsibilities:
- Leads the review of liquidity risk management and measurement processes and policies within the 1st line and provides pro-active and constructive challenge to ensure that the bank operates to agreed standards as laid out in the Liquidity Risk Principle and Risk Management Framework.
- Contributes to the determination of the Group's risk appetite and ensures the full spectrum of liquidity risk measures have been implemented appropriately and are well controlled.
- Builds and maintains external and internal network to identify industry best practice, facilitate deep dive risk reviews - and ensure, legal, regulatory and professional compliance.
- Working with the business and their teams to ensure a sound understanding of business strategy and associated risks, providing an independent view and value-adding contribution to improve active risk management and establish an effective relationship as a trusted business partner.
- Leads a successful and impactful team and contributes to the leadership of the wider Market & Liquidity Risk team to ensure colleagues deliver their potential and are managed with optimal efficiency.
- Embeds the LBG culture and vision by modelling behaviours, creating and agreeing stretching performance objectives, feedback and coaching.
What are we looking for?
To do this role well, we are looking for a candidate who excels at critical thinking, who enjoys challenging received wisdom and who is able to think creatively about risks that others may have missed. The candidate will also be keen to work as part of a small, specialist team.
- A higher qualification in a quantitative field such as Applied Mathematics, Finance etc. or equivalent professional qualifications.
- A number of years relevant experience across the Financial Services industry, with previous role(s) managing or measuring liquidity risk
- Possess a strong knowledge of best practice techniques in the industry covering liquidity and financial risk measurement and management.
- Strong thought leadership and attention to detail
- Excellent communication (written and oral) and negotiation skills - in particular, an ability to communicate complex technical ideas to a diverse audience and influence senior stakeholders.
- Demonstrable knowledge and understanding of relevant regulations (e.g. CRD IV, LCR, PRA110, NSFR, Ringfencing) and experience managing regulatory relationships and issues.
- Proven technical and team leadership, along with strong project management skills
What you'd get in return!
- We'll give you a broad remuneration package which includes:
- A performance share bonus
- A generous pension contribution
- A flex cash pot you can adjust to suit your lifestyle
- Private health cover
- 30 days holiday plus bank holidays
We're focused on creating a values-led culture, and our approach to inclusion and diversity means that we all have the opportunity to make a real difference, together.
The workstyle for this role is 'hybrid', but we are flexible on location and we entrust colleagues to think creatively about how, when and where they work, to deliver their very best.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
So if you'd like to work in a challenging liquidity risk role in an environment with quality at the heart of thinking, whilst gaining skills and experience within a friendly and motivated team then get in touch, we'd love to hear from you!
Together we make it possible.