Compliance Manager, Propel Audit, Audit& Assurance - Flexible working, hybrid working
Propel is an exciting and innovative new service within Deloitte UK, which offers an end-to-end accounting solution for ambitious SME’s and start-up businesses who thrive on being tech savvy with their finger on the pulse.
With the accuracy and quick turnaround of our delivery team and experts, our clients will have real time financial data and key analytics on their business accessible anywhere anytime through the Propel dashboard. Compliance is delivered using latest technology solutions to automate where possible whilst maintaining highest quality standards.
Portfolio clients span a wide range of sectors including private corporates, real estate funds, pension schemes, financial services brokers, investment managers, and securitisations
Our business is built around a collective portfolio structure which makes room for an outstanding working culture, and you’ll get to see whole audits through from start to finish, across a wide and prestigious client portfolio.
We are seeking a Compliance Manager who can work with the delivery team of Propel, other internal teams in Deloitte and also directly with clients preparing, reviewing and advising on the preparation of statutory accounts and tax returns. The statutory accounts could be in various formats including FRS 102, FRS 105, LLP and sole trader, alongside an increasing number of IFRS and FRS 101 engagements. Preparation can be from detailed supporting information or trial balance. Automated tools to extract data from accounting systems including Xero as well as statutory preparation tools including Silverfin and Caseware.
You will have responsibility for:
- Managing a portfolio of compliance clients while being supported by a Compliance Assistant
- Building an internal network and win new compliance clients
- Supporting the Compliance Assistant with day to day training and development
- Reviewing work done by junior members of the team
- Production of statutory accounts including FRS 102, FRS 105, LLP and Sole Trader with an option to specialize in IFRS and FRS 101 if desired
- Supporting the automation of the compliance process as much as practical
- Working within a diverse team with an inclusive team culture where people are recognised for their contribution
Your work, your choice
At Deloitte we believe impact comes from the value we add, not the hours we sit at our desk. We carefully consider agile ways of working, both formal and informal, that allow for the most positive impact for our people and our clients.
Location: You’ll be joining one of our innovative virtual communities. Which means you’ll be part of the Nottingham team. You’ll spend most of your time working from home like all of your Nottingham colleagues in the Enabling Functions, or in a local collaboration space when needed. Our hybrid-working model enables our people to collaborate, connect and innovate in both a virtual and physical capacity.
You’ll have all the support you need to succeed, including robust tech and home workstation set-up guidance, as well as access to a variety of flexible working spaces and all sorts of social activities for you to join. We’re continually innovating our working practices too, so you can expect to see new and exciting technology developments coming soon. The future of work is evolving fast and we’re already leading the way by enabling flexibility for our people and making it easy for us all to connect and collaborate.
Work pattern: This is a permanent contract opportunity.
Your professional experience
To be considered for the role you must have:
- An accountancy qualification (ACA, CA, ACCA, CIMA) or equivalent
- An enjoyment of working for different clients whilst understanding their individual needs.
- Significant statutory accounts experience
- Experience in accounts preparation
- Experience of managing and development individuals
- Superb attention to detail and quality review
- Good communication skills
- Confidence with clients
- The ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Good time management skills
- A good understanding of day to day bookkeeping through to stat accounts
- A keen interest in technology and innovative ways to deliver information to clients in a timely manner
Your service line: Audit & Assurance
In an industry best known for looking back, Deloitte looks beyond.
As the leading experts in Audit & Assurance, we help build and enhance trust and transparency between businesses and the public, by responding to emerging issues and protecting the public interest. Our expertise covers audit and assurance services across all sectors, enabling stronger systems of quality control and risk capability. We help companies, investors and the general public make more informed decisions by adhering to the highest standards of independence, professional objectivity and technical excellence.
Innovation is key for us, underpinned by audit quality. At Deloitte you will be joining a diverse team of experts capable of delivering meaningful and durable change for both our clients and our profession.
Regulation and controls are standard practice in our industry and Deloitte is no exception. These controls provide important legal protection for both you and the firm. We are subject to a number of audit regulations, one of which requires that certain colleagues abide by specific personal independence constraints. This can mean that you and your "Immediate Family Members" are not permitted to hold certain financial interests (shares, funds, bonds etc.) with audit clients of the firm. The recruitment team will provide further detail as you progress through the recruitment process.
Our Purpose & Strategy
To make an impact that matters for our clients, our people and society - defines who we are and what we stand for. Our purpose provides the foundation for our strategy and our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services: this is not about size, it's about being the first choice. The first choice for the largest and most influential clients, and the first choice for the best talent.
What do we do?
Deloitte offers global integrated professional services that include Audit & Assurance, Consulting, Financial Advisory, Legal, Risk Advisory and Tax Consulting. Our approach combines intellectual leadership, industrial expertise, insight, consulting & problem solving capabilities whatever the role, technology revolutions and innovation from multiple disciplines to help our clients excel anywhere in the world.
Beyond the UK: Deloitte North and South Europe
The UK is part of Deloitte North and South Europe (NSE), the second largest member firm in the Deloitte network. Deloitte NSE combines operations in Belgium, Central Mediterranean (Italy, Greece, Malta), Ireland, the Middle East (Bahrain, Cyprus, Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Oman, Palestinian Ruled Territories, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates, Yemen), the Netherlands, the Nordics (Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway and Sweden), Switzerland and the UK. Deloitte NSE brings together 2,700 partners and over 50,000 people, combining our unmatched breadth and depth of capabilities in audit and assurance, consulting, financial advisory, risk advisory, and tax and legal across the region. Being part of Deloitte NSE supports our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services and will create more opportunity and growth for our people.
What do we value?
What brings us all together at Deloitte? It’s how we approach the thousands of decisions we make every day. How we behave, our beliefs and our attitudes. In other words: our values. Whatever we do, wherever we are in the world, we lead the way, serve with integrity, take care of each other, foster inclusion, and collaborate for maximum impact. These five shared values lead every decision we make and action we take, guiding us to deliver impact how and where it matters most.
Being a Leader at Deloitte
Cultural fit and purpose-led leadership is crucial for Deloitte. Our leaders always set the example and inspire their colleagues. They make quality time for people and take an interest in them. They know what matters to people - both inside and outside work – and value them as individuals; always finding opportunities to develop them while showing respect and appreciation.
We expect colleagues at all levels to embrace and live our purpose and our leadership culture by challenging themselves to identify issues that are most important for our clients, our people, and for society and make an impact that matters. We know leadership comes in all shapes and sizes, but our Leadership Charter helps all of our people understand what we’re looking for:
- We live our purpose: we act as a role model, embracing and living our purpose and values, and recognising others for the impact they make
- We develop talent: we develop high-performing people and teams through challenging and meaningful opportunities
- We drive performance: we deliver exceptional client service; maximise results and drive high performance from people while fostering collaboration across businesses and borders
- We believe positive influence can make an impact that matters: we influence clients, teams, and individuals positively, leading by example and establishing confident relationships with increasingly senior people
- We move, together, towards a strategic direction: we understand key objectives for clients and Deloitte, aligning people to objectives and setting priorities and direction.
Please click 'Apply' to submit your application