Scrum Master - Home working and flexible working available
Lloyds Banking Group
Manchester - We're happy with home working the majority of the time, however you'll need to be in office at least 1 or 2 days per week under your own cost.
Salary & Benefits: £52,912 to £66,140 per annum (location dependent), plus annual personal bonus, 15% employer pension contribution, 4% flexible cash pot, private medical insurance, 30 days holiday plus bank holidays.
We also offer flexible working hours, agile working practices flexibility to suit your lifestyle and ensure a good work-life balance.
Who are Lloyds Banking Group and where does this role sit?
At Lloyds Banking Group we're embracing collaborative, agile ways of working, to help us deliver the best outcomes for our colleagues, customers and businesses. Join us and discover how this could work for you.
An exciting opportunity has arisen within the Customer Services Transformation (CST) Lab for an experienced Scrum Master.
What will I focus on in this role?
As a Scrum Master you'll operate at Team level as a change agent with a passion for working with people and teams to help them reach their best and deliver their best for customers and the bank.
You'll encourage your team's understanding of Agile frameworks, Transformation Principles and Practices, and support them to establish their ways of working, to self-manage and continuously improve in delivering change and value safely. In summary a scrum master is there to help the team deliver more value, more quickly at a sustainable pace.
Within the CST Lab, a learning culture is important. We continuously strive to improve your knowledge and skills in the role. You'll receive support from your chapter lead and will support less experienced scrum masters in the lab. You're encouraged to contribute to the community, sharing knowledge and great practice.
Specific activities which you'll be responsible for include things like;
- SERVE & Support the Team and Lab to understand and utilise Agile frameworks (Scaling, Scrum, Kanban etc) and Agile events (Scrum of Scrums, PI planning, retrospectives etc) to understand the value and purpose of them.
- Help the Product Owner to manage an effective Product Backlog
- Guide the team to break work into small, discrete pieces of value or learning.
- Promotes best practices in refinement, prioritisation, stakeholder engagement and introducing tools and techniques.
- Coach and empower the team to self-manage, utilise feedback for continuous learning and improvement in efficient and incremental value delivery.
- Enable the team to understand and visualise the optimal sequence of work, measure and understand their performance through metrics (throughput, cycle time, happiness etc) and use this as the basis for their improvement activity.
What do we need to see from applicants?
- Knowledge and understanding of Agile Frameworks (such as the Scrum, Kanban, Lean, SaFE) and has practical experience of working in Agile environments.
- Shows knowledge and some experience of other techniques that support Agile working, such as Dev Ops, Lean, System Thinking, Queueing Theory, Complex Adaptive systems, Theory of Constraints / Critical Chain.
- Understanding and experience of techniques to improve the teams ways of working
- Scrum Master Certification - PSM1 or equivalent is desirable however support will be available to achieve this.
What can I expect in Return?
We're dedicated to giving you opportunities and support to develop you both professionally and personally to optimise your potential!
As a new colleague to the team, you'll join us on our journey to build a 21st century bank that reflects modern Britain and craft an inclusive culture where all colleagues feel encouraged and valued.
We're committed to building a workforce which reflects the diversity of the customers and communities we serve, and to building an inclusive environment where all our colleagues can be themselves and succeed on merit. We support the principles of agile working and equal opportunity and are happy to consider flexible working arrangements.
Together we'll make it possible!