Organisation Development (OD) Business Lead - Open to flexible working
- Contract Type
We have an exciting opportunity for an Organisation Development Business Lead to join New GSK based in Brentford!
As Organisation Development (OD) Business Lead, you will provide expert consultation to GSK’s Global Support Functions (GSFs) to help them identify ways they can improve the overall effectiveness of their organisations, with a focus on improving organisational performance through the people dimension.
The OD Business Lead for the GSFs will work in partnership with HR team members to ensure the delivery of a range of interventions to:
- Embed the desired GSK culture and maximise employee engagement using a data-led approach
- Enhance leader and employee effectiveness and productivity at the individual, team and function levels
- Maximise the use of GSK culture and people measurement tools
- Providing expert input and consultation to Global Support Function HR Business Leads (HRBLs) and GSF Culture Leads to diagnose and develop culture and engagement plans for each Function and GSK’s Global Hubs
- Working with HRBLs and Culture Leads to use available data to identify specific risks and opportunities for culture, using company tools to address these, occasionally designing new interventions if needed
- Delivering occasional hands-on OD interventions to senior teams or individuals within GSFs, e.g., design and deliver senior leadership team development events in partnership with the aligned HRBL
- Being the single point of contact for the People and Organisation Effectiveness Centre of Excellence (COE) and the Office of the CEO on all work related to culture, organisation effectiveness and People Data and Analytics (PDA)
- Leading on the deployment of the GSK Survey, Pulse Surveys, the One80 tool, working hands-on with HRBLs and their teams to ensure these are fully utilised, supporting change management and stakeholder management as needed
- Being the expert for the Global Support Functions on all COE and PDA tools, e.g., GSK Survey, One80, 360, high performing teams interventions, data dashboards and other in-house culture tools on decision making and accountability, and ensure these are understood by GSF HR teams and widely used within the GSFs
- Working with HRBLs and their teams to identify business challenges requiring analysis, using available dashboards or linking with the PDA team to create the desired solution
- Providing the GSF business area point of view to the COE and PDA teams and occasionally contributing to company-wide OD work and thought leadership
CLOSING DATE for applications: 17th May 2022
Please take a copy of the Job Description, as this will not be available post closure of the advert.
Qualifications and skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant discipline such as Organisational Psychology, Organisational Behaviour, Behavioural Economics, Business, HR or equivalent
- Experience of delivering organisational effectiveness and/or capability build programmes in a multinational environment
- Experience of consulting to leaders to improve the organisational culture and employee engagement
- Experience of designing and delivering significant meetings, events and workshops resulting in changes to organisation climate, culture and capability
- Demonstrable ability to work with quantitative and qualitative data to diagnose issues, develop solutions and track impact
- Demonstrated ability to remain connected to external OD and OE best practice and apply this to business problems as they emerge
- Experience of designing and delivering organisation structural changes leading to improved performance
If you have the following characteristics, it would be a plus:
- Post-Graduate / Professional Certificate e.g. Organisation Development, Lean Six Sigma
At GSK, we have already delivered unprecedented change over the past four years, improving R&D, becoming a leader in Consumer Health, strengthening our leadership, and transforming our commercial execution. Now, we’re making the biggest changes we’ve made to our business in over 20 years. We’re on track to separate and create two new companies in 2022: New GSK with a leading portfolio of vaccines and specialty medicines as well as R&D based on immune system and genetics science; and a new world-leading consumer healthcare company of loved and trusted brands.
With new ambition comes new purpose. For New GSK, this is to unite science, talent and technology to get ahead of disease together – all with the clear ambition of delivering human health impact; stronger and more sustainable shareholder returns; and as a new GSK where outstanding people thrive.
Getting ahead means preventing disease as well as treating it. How we do all this is through our people and our culture. A culture that is ambitious for patients – so we deliver what matters better and faster; accountable for impact – with clear ownership of goals and support to succeed; and where we do the right thing. So, if you’re ready to improve the lives of billions, join us at this exciting moment in our journey. Join our challenge to get Ahead Together.
When applying for this role, please use the ‘cover letter’ of the online application or your CV to describe how you meet the competencies for this role, as outlined in the job requirements above. The information that you have provided in your cover letter and CV will be used to assess your application.
As a company driven by our values of Patient focus, Transparency, Respect and Integrity, we know inclusion and diversity are essential for us to be able to succeed. We want all our colleagues to thrive at GSK bringing their unique experiences, ensuring they feel good and to keep growing their careers. As a candidate for a role, we want you to feel the same way.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we are open to all talent. In the US, we also adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, colour, national origin, religion, gender, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class*(*US only).
We believe in an agile working culture for all our roles. If flexibility is important to you, we encourage you to explore with our hiring team what the opportunities are.
As you apply, we will ask you to share some personal information which is entirely voluntary. We want to have an opportunity to consider a diverse pool of qualified candidates and this information will assist us in meeting that objective and in understanding how well we are doing against our inclusion and diversity ambitions. We would really appreciate it if you could take a few moments to complete it. Rest assured, Hiring Managers do not have access to this information and we will treat your information confidentially.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.