Administrative Assistant - Open to flexible working
Job Purpose Section:
In this role you will provide efficient and comprehensive administrative support to VP Legal N Europe, EMEA & Latam, and approx. 6 other members of the UK based Legal team. This is a fantastic opportunity to join a senior team in a global company. This role offers exposure to a wide range of stakeholders
- Provide comprehensive administrative support to VP Legal N Europe, EMEA & Latam, and approx. 6 other members of the UK based Legal team
- Arrange support for meetings, including travel, logistics, meeting rooms, visitors and catering arrangements whilst adhering to the meetings policies, liaising with internal/ external parties.
- Schedule, arrange and monitor diary appointments, ensuring effective time management.
- Assist with management of expenses for the team.
- Produce various types of documentation including preparation of materials in advance of regular key meetings, help with PowerPoint slides.
- Monitor manager’s inbox and deal with incoming and outgoing correspondence in a proactive and timely manner (follow up on replies, recommend action to be taken, draft responses, and filter to appropriate people).
- Be competent in various GSK systems to complete expenses on time, manage invoices and raise purchase orders in CERPS, and use Workday for absence and other actions.
- Assist new starters, manage movers and leavers for the team.
- Work closely with global PAs.
- Manage a high-volume workload proactively to a consistently high standard, by setting priorities, objectives and target dates.
- Undertake ad hoc reports/projects as required, simultaneously with routine work, and may provide project leadership for department initiatives.
Qualifications & Skills:
- Ability to prioritise workload, working with tight deadlines whilst maintaining an excellent eye for detail
- Excellent communication skills
- Comfortable in interfacing with all levels of the organization, with a good understanding of interdepartmental relationships
- Ability to cope with ever increasing changes whilst maintaining a calm and professional manner
- Ability to multi-task without compromising quality of work
- Excellent team player with good listening skills and ability to work un-supervised
Preferred Qualifications & Skills:
- Experienced working with highly confidential data and ability to act with discretion and confidentiality
- Prior experience supporting VP level and above in an administrative support role in a global team
- Strong organizational and administration skills. This includes complex global calendar management, international travel arrangements and inbox management.
- Ability to work effectively & collaborate with EAs and stakeholders across other functions and geographies
- Awareness of cultural sensitivities
- Willing to go the extra mile on customer experience
- Comfortable with software package usage (Word processing, Powerpoint, Spreadsheets and Databases)
- Numerically competent with the ability to pick up budget management
- Competent in GSK systems (CERPS, Workday, HRG booking tool, iTAG etc).
- Able to analyse facts and data
APPLICATION CLOSING DATE – 17th May 2022
Please take a copy of the Job Description, as this will not be available post closure of the advert.
When applying for this role, please use the ‘cover letter’ of the online application or your CV to describe how you meet the competencies for this role, as outlined in the job requirements above. The information that you have provided in your cover letter and CV will be used to assess your application.
Why Consumer Healthcare?
Right now, we’re on an incredible journey as we prepare to become the first independent, 100% focused consumer healthcare company. We’re doing this at a time when the work we do has never mattered more. Better everyday health is about improving the health and wellness of the consumers that we touch every year – over a billion and a half of them – and it goes beyond products. It’s about truly helping people manage their health proactively in different ways as consumer needs evolve.
With category leading brands such as Sensodyne, Voltaren and Centrum, built on trusted science and human understanding, and combined with our passion, knowledge, and expertise, we’re uniquely placed to do this and to grow a strong, successful business.
This is an exciting time to join us and help shape the future. It’s an opportunity to be part of something special.
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
In Consumer Healthcare we embrace our diverse workforce by creating an inclusive environment that celebrates our unique perspectives, generates curiosity to create unmatched understanding of each other, and promotes fair and equitable outcomes for everyone.
We’re striving to create a climate where we celebrate our diversity in all forms by treating each other with respect, listening to different viewpoints, supporting our communities, and creating a workplace where your authentic self belongs and thrives.
New Consumer Healthcare HQ:
Recently we’ve shared some exciting proposals with our colleagues which mark an important moment in our preparations for separation and becoming a new, standalone Consumer Healthcare company.
Our preparations are going well. GSK is on track to separate in mid-2022 and create two incredible new companies, each with the ability to improve the health of millions of patients and consumers worldwide, and both great places to work.
We’ve already confirmed that our new Consumer Healthcare company will be headquartered in the UK and the first step we’re taking is to announce proposals to move our CH business from our current location in GSK House in Brentford when we separate, into a new, CH headquarters in Weybridge. This will be a temporary, but important move in the short term, whilst we take this opportunity to design for the future and create an inspiring, flexible, collaborative workspace that meets the changing needs of our people and our business needs.
Inspired by our new culture and purpose, and with a commitment to our sustainability goals, we plan to build a new campus close by which would be home to our headquarters teams, our UK business, our global Oral Health category, R&D, and innovation teams, as well as a state-of-the-art Shopper Science lab.
As a company driven by our values of Patient focus, Transparency, Respect and Integrity, we know inclusion and diversity are essential for us to be able to succeed. We want all our colleagues to thrive at GSK bringing their unique experiences, ensuring they feel good and to keep growing their careers. As a candidate for a role, we want you to feel the same way.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we are open to all talent. In the US, we also adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, colour, national origin, religion, gender, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class*(*US only).
We believe in an agile working culture for all our roles. If flexibility is important to you, we encourage you to explore with our hiring team what the opportunities are.
As you apply, we will ask you to share some personal information which is entirely voluntary. We want to have an opportunity to consider a diverse pool of qualified candidates and this information will assist us in meeting that objective and in understanding how well we are doing against our inclusion and diversity ambitions. We would really appreciate it if you could take a few moments to complete it. Rest assured, Hiring Managers do not have access to this information and we will treat your information confidentially.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.