Manager/Senior Manager - Recovery and Resolution Specialist - Open to flexible working & returners
Manager/Senior Manager - Recovery and Resolution Specialist, Prudential Regulatory Assurance, Audit and Assurance
Our Assurance practice encompasses skills across regulation and finance with a deep analytics capability. We harness these to provide Assurance to those charged with governance, serving the public interest. Working in Assurance means you will have an opportunity to work alongside leading experts, as we help build and enhance trust between businesses and the public, by responding to emerging issues and protecting the public interest. Providing assurance to help businesses become more resilient, agile and better prepared for the future.
To be resilient, businesses must be ready to respond to current and future challenges and opportunities. They are increasingly being required to be more transparent with their reporting, to drive trust and confidence in the market, and protect the wider public interest.
Assurance builds, maintains and develops confidence. We provide independent assurance by assessing the risks and underlying processes, providing conclusions as to which risks are being managed and mitigated in line with the business’ appetite for risk. Deloitte’s assurance offerings help those charged with governance to understand their business and build trust amongst key stakeholders and regulators.
Regulatory reform continues to shape the Audit & Assurance landscape. The Regulatory Assurance team specialise in helping those charged with governance build trust and confidence their business. The expertise within the Regulatory Assurance team spans both BCM and Insurance.
Are you looking to return to the workplace after an extended career break?
For this role we can offer coaching and support designed for returners to refresh your knowledge and skills, and help your transition back into the workplace after a career break of 2 years or more. If this is relevant for you, just let your recruiter know when you make your application
The Prudential Regulatory Assurance Team is a national team of regulatory experts covering the provision of Prudential Regulatory Assurance services across several core disciplines including capital, liquidity, regulatory reporting, recovery and resolution planning, public disclosures, stress testing, credit and market risk modeling, ESG, risk appetite and risk management frameworks and Treasury.
As a member of the team, we will provide you with ongoing support to allow you to grow as a leading specialist in your field. For this role, we are looking for a specialist with background in recovery and resolution for banks and broker-dealers.
- Undertake specialist reviews of recovery and resolution planning including all key RAF barriers
- Assist firms in preparing for and/or follow up actions arising from interactions with the BOE/PRA/SRB and other regulatory bodies on recovery and resolution, including but not limited to the RAF, expectations for banks and related regulatory requirements
- Benchmark firms’ approach to recovery and resolution compared with peer/industry practice
- Work on a portfolio of client engagements simultaneously, managing internal and client senior stakeholders’ expectations as well as developing junior members of the team
Your work, your choice
At Deloitte we believe the best impact is the value we add, not the hours we sit at our desk. We carefully consider agile ways of working, both formal and informal, that allow for the best impact for our people and our clients. Please speak to your recruiter about the working pattern that works best for you.
Location: UK wide, centered within one of our regional hubs at a range of office locations. Our larger office locations include Birmingham, Cardiff, Edinburgh, Glasgow, London, Leeds, and Manchester with occasional domestic and international travel and an option of working from home when appropriate.
Work pattern: This is a permanent opportunity. Our team members work a variety of agile working patterns. Tell us what arrangement works for you and we’ll try to accommodate.
Your professional experience
- Recovery and resolution planning across a range of business models and firm structures including groups and subsidiaries of firms
- Detailed technical knowledge and practical experience in the prudential regulatory environment in the financial services industry, particularly in relation to recovery and resolution planning. This may be from working in another consulting firm, as a regulator for financial services firms or in the industry within recovery and resolution, wind-down or restructuring roles
- Practical and/or regulatory experience in one or more of the following areas:
- Assisting firms in preparing for and/or follow up arising from regulatory interactions on recovery and resolution
- Hands on experience of dealing with firms in distress including in a restructuring role
- Knowledge of the latest regulatory developments around recovery and resolution
- Proven track record in working effectively in a team and managing priorities/deliverables on a range of projects
- An ability to deliver a high quality service and manage a diverse range of clients simultaneously
- Able to build and foster trusted and lasting client relationships
Your service line: Audit & Assurance
In an industry best known for looking back, Deloitte looks beyond.
Our Audit & Assurance team understand the most important decisions are the ones we are yet to make. Crafting the future in an informed and clear-sighted way means understanding current conditions, as well as the trends that are shaping tomorrow. That is why we use our expertise in audit to show where things stand now, and to help inform the next step. With the assurance we provide, we help our clients to look ahead with strength and confidence across all of their accounting, regulatory and transaction needs.
Innovation is the key, underpinned by audit quality. You will be joining a diverse team of experts capable of delivering meaningful and durable change for both our clients and our profession.
Regulation and controls are standard practice in our industry and Deloitte is no exception. These controls provide important legal protection for both you and the firm. We are subject to a number of audit regulations, one of which requires that certain colleagues abide by specific personal independence constraints. This can mean that you and your "Immediate Family Members" are not permitted to hold certain financial interests (shares, funds, bonds etc.) with audit clients of the firm. The recruitment team will provide further detail as you progress through the recruitment process.
Our Purpose & Strategy
To make an impact that matters for our clients, our people and society - defines who we are and what we stand for. Our purpose provides the foundation for our strategy and our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services: this is not about size, it's about being the first choice. The first choice for the largest and most influential clients, and the first choice for the best talent.
What do we do?
Deloitte offers global integrated professional services that include Audit & Assurance, Consulting, Financial Advisory, Legal, Risk Advisory and Tax Consulting. Our approach combines intellectual leadership, industrial expertise, insight, consulting & problem solving capabilities whatever the role, technology revolutions and innovation from multiple disciplines to help our clients excel anywhere in the world.
Beyond the UK: Deloitte North and South Europe
The UK is part of Deloitte North and South Europe (NSE), the second largest member firm in the Deloitte network. Deloitte NSE combines operations in Belgium, Central Mediterranean (Italy, Greece, Malta), Ireland, the Middle East (Bahrain, Cyprus, Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Oman, Palestinian Ruled Territories, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates, Yemen), the Netherlands, the Nordics (Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway and Sweden), Switzerland and the UK. Deloitte NSE brings together 2,700 partners and over 50,000 people, combining our unmatched breadth and depth of capabilities in audit and assurance, consulting, financial advisory, risk advisory, and tax and legal across the region. Being part of Deloitte NSE supports our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services and will create more opportunity and growth for our people.
What do we value?
What brings us all together at Deloitte? It’s how we approach the thousands of decisions we make every day. How we behave, our beliefs and our attitudes. In other words: our values. Whatever we do, wherever we are in the world, we lead the way, serve with integrity, take care of each other, foster inclusion, and collaborate for maximum impact. These five shared values lead every decision we make and action we take, guiding us to deliver impact how and where it matters most.
Being a Leader at Deloitte
Cultural fit and purpose-led leadership is crucial for Deloitte. Our leaders always set the example and inspire their colleagues. They make quality time for people and take an interest in them. They know what matters to people - both inside and outside work – and value them as individuals; always finding opportunities to develop them while showing respect and appreciation.
We expect colleagues at all levels to embrace and live our purpose and our leadership culture by challenging themselves to identify issues that are most important for our clients, our people, and for society and make an impact that matters. We know leadership comes in all shapes and sizes, but our Leadership Charter helps all of our people understand what we’re looking for:
- We live our purpose: we act as a role model, embracing and living our purpose and values, and recognising others for the impact they make
- We develop talent: we develop high-performing people and teams through challenging and meaningful opportunities
- We drive performance: we deliver exceptional client service; maximise results and drive high performance from people while fostering collaboration across businesses and borders
- We believe positive influence can make an impact that matters: we influence clients, teams, and individuals positively, leading by example and establishing confident relationships with increasingly senior people
- We move, together, towards a strategic direction: we understand key objectives for clients and Deloitte, aligning people to objectives and setting priorities and direction.
Please click 'Apply' to submit your application