Firewall Engineer - Open to flexible working
3 days left
- Contract Type
Lloyds Banking Group is the UK's biggest Retail, Digital and Mobile bank with over 30 million customers. Our products touch the lives of millions, so we have a big responsibility to Help Britain Prosper.
We currently have an opportunity to join a hardworking team dedicated to providing the vital firewall protection to the organisations networks. As the Firewall Engineer within of this team, you'll be a key person for Firewall support and project requirements, including implementation, design activities and embedding best in class solutions.
Want to hear more?
You can expect much of your time to be split between project delivery and support work as we continually improve our offering to become the Best bank for Customers. In addition to your support responsibilities, you'll demonstrate an ability and willingness to engage with programmes and initiatives throughout the project lifecycle, delivering their requirements. You'll also be comfortable supporting incidents when necessary, including having appropriate stakeholder management skills. Working alongside senior team colleagues using your technical skills and problem solving ability to quickly resolve issues as they arise at any time
Your accountabilities will include;
- Planning the implementation of sophisticated changes
- Delivering changes of all sizes and complexities for our customers
- Monitoring the estate and working with colleagues across the team and the wider IT community to identify and close down service issues
- Delivery of infrastructure and service improvement plans, including gateway upgrades and new builds
For this role, the key areas are the following.
- You'll be CCSE/CCSA certified or qualified through experience with Checkpoint Firewalls. Ideally you would also have a range of wider Cisco Networks skills and knowledge.
- You'll be able to demonstrate the ability to work from being hands on with the devices to planning changes or working through control processes
- You'll also have good communications skills as well as being able to tackle technical challenges in what can be driven environments are also crucial
- Automation skills would also be beneficial
Whilst not essential to have previously worked in Financial Services, having knowledge of regulated environments would be favourable.
What will you get in return?
You'd also get a benefits package that includes;
- A performance related bonus
- Generous pension contribution
- 28 Days leave plus bank holidays
- A flexible cash pot (4% of base salary) to spend on benefits
- Private health cover
- Wider corporate benefits and perks
As a new colleague, you'll join us on our journey to build a 21st century bank that reflects modern Britain, and craft an inclusive culture where all colleagues feel encouraged and valued. We're committed to building a workforce which reflects the diversity of the customers and communities we serve, and to building an inclusive environment where all our colleagues can be themselves and succeed on merit.
We support the principles of agile working and are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We're an equal opportunity employer and deeply value diversity within our organisation.
So if you possess the skills we're seeking then get in touch, we'd love to hear from you.
Together we make it possible.