Head of Digital Deployment - Europe, Open to flexible working
Diageo is the world’s leading premium drinks company with an outstanding collection of brands, such as Johnnie Walker, Smirnoff, Baileys, Captain Morgan, Tanqueray and Guinness. With over 200 brands in 180 countries and a global network of entrepreneurial individuals, our teams blend a diverse range of experience, knowledge and skills. We connect customers and consumers to our iconic products and create innovative experiences that bring people together to celebrate life.
About the role:
This is an exciting opportunity to have ownership of Diageo’s digital transformation across the region and its agile deployment, end to end.
You will inspire, challenge and enable our marketers to tranform and deliver industry-leading work. This role will partner with the regional hub lead (focused on execution), to ensure our markets make full use of our hub (and global) operations, including our planning, activation, data and analytics tools. You will lead multiple relationships with internal business partners and third-party regional partners to deliver the desired consumer experiences and business outcomes.
You will set a transformational end-to-end strategy (adapted from global strategy), enabling brilliant consumer experiences across all markets in your region, bringing together marketing, commerce, data and technology (including our D2C offerings and thebar.com in particular).
Ensure consumer first transformation, resulting in plans that connect with consumers in relevant and impactful ways, driving brand-building at the right consumer touchpoints, in culture, while also giving consumers a streamlined, omnichannel experience of our brands – from awareness to transact.
Be able to bring out best practice into the region, and share this across the region. You will ensure the strategy is deployed in partnership with all relevant markets, finding opportunities to simplify and deliver with agility. This role works in collaboration with our commercial teams to drive the e-commerce strategy as well as our brand teams (global and local market) at every stage of their marketing and e-commerce activity, bringing expertise, speed, agility and stability through the use of tools and technology. Ensure success of the regional hub (our centralized planning, operations, insights and reporting resources), identifying priority areas to make a difference in market and delivering quarterly business reviews to key in market business partners.
Key Business Partners:
- Diageo Regional Exec
- In market Marketing Directors
- In market Commercial Directors
- In market media, ecommerce and digital leads
- Global Operations (eg the global Commercial COE)
- Global Demand Procurement
- Strong experience (circa 15+ years) in both Marketing and eCommerce knowing how to join both worlds up effectively. You know what best practice digital looks like and have shown success driving a transformative agenda.
- Multi-market: Multi-market regional experience driving digital transformation.
- Collaborative leadership: experience working collaboratively leading bold executions through others and managing business partners effectively
- Shaping the future: You will have experience setting a stretching digital agenda that empowers people to experiment and unlock opportunities for growth
- Capability builder: improve digital and ecommerce literacy across senior leaders and broader working teams. Simplifying complexity and codifying best-practice. Helping marketers use data to make better decisions.
Celebrating our inclusive and diverse culture is core to Diageo’s purpose of “celebrating life every day everywhere”. This purpose is, in itself, inclusive in nature, as it values everybody irrespective of background, disability, religion, gender identity, sexuality or ethnicity.
We know that for our business to thrive and for Diageo to realize its ambition, we depend on having diverse talent with a range of backgrounds, skills and capabilities in each of the 180 countries in which we operate and to reflect our broad consumer base. We view diversity as one of the key enablers that helps our business to grow and our values, purpose and standards set the conditions for us to respect the unique contribution each person brings.