Digital Performance Management & Evaluation Lead, Open to flexible working
Diageo is the world’s leading premium drinks company with an outstanding collection of brands, such as Johnnie Walker, Smirnoff, Baileys, Captain Morgan, Tanqueray and Guinness. With over 200 brands in 180 countries and a global network of entrepreneurial individuals, our teams blend a diverse range of experience, knowledge and skills. We connect customers and consumers to our iconic products and create innovative experiences that bring people together to celebrate life.
About the role:
As the Digital Performance Measurement & Evaluation Lead, you will oversee the analysis in the improvement of effective business strategies for Diageo’s brands and products. You will be responsible for drawing conclusions from various data sources and provide fact-based counsel to Diageo teams on the best use of brand digital investment. This individual will act as a trusted advisor across the company to align digital marketing activities, organizational strategies and metrics with overall business goals by working closely with business partners. You will also create a set of standards and processes for identifying, accessing and analyzing relevant data to generate performance metrics and guidelines.
Unlock faster share growth for Diageo’s full portfolio of brands through effective evaluation and continuous optimization of our digital investment. Support our marketers in understanding the efficacy of the business drivers, allowing for informed decisions about where, when and how to invest.
- Derive insights from short and long-term digital performance data and help marketers action these insights
- Collaborate with our Econometric Modeling team to bring our efforts the next level by improving timing and effectiveness of results.
- Incorporate longer-term, forward-looking measures of spend effectiveness across portfolio.
- Set guidelines and standards in order to achieve key outcomes and objectives in measuring, managing, and analyzing business performance to improve effectiveness, market share, and to optimize the return of investment (ROIs) across the organization.
- Create and monitor methodologies to measure digital effectiveness using the collection of appropriate data, taking into account how critical data is in measuring overall marketing and business performance.
Own both backward- and forward-looking evaluation of digital spend and serve as the central point within Marketing and across the business to unite many data sources and provide cohesive picture of digital performance
- Provide regular updates to executive/category/brand/global and local teams on which activities are working and which are not.
- Collaborate on strategic and technical direction for digital analytics including defining critical metrics and methodology, designing test-and-learn experiments, growing data sources and producing regular insights to answer key business questions.
- Develop metrics and specific performance targets, “key performance indicators”. Use these metrics and performance measurements as way to prove value and demonstrate the contribution of digital to the organization.
- Use a variety of data sources, including customer, product, prospect, and market data, to communicate practical insights that will help shape the strategy of Diageo’s overall businesses to business partners and peers.
- Evaluate campaigns using appropriate analytical methods. Provide workable recommendations for future programs.
- Experience operating at a senior level (circa 10 years) of experience in Analytical or Financial role (Required)
- BA/BS or equivalent (Required)
- Understanding of Marketing Principles and Goals
- Excellent verbal / written communication and strong analytical skills (ability to think critically)
- Demonstrate a command of quantitative methods and statistical applications, familiarity with measurement tools and marketing measurement systems.
- Be able to simplify the complex in a straight-forward, persuasive way.
- Synthesize multiple channels of input, draw conclusions and develop recommendations
- Can seamlessly lead multiple projects simultaneously, while being extremely meticulous
- Strong collaboration - ability to influence, persuade and lead broader teams
This is key to success in our business and many of our staff work flexibly in many different ways, including part-time and compressed hours. Please talk to us about what flexibility means to you and don’t let anything stop you from applying.
Celebrating our inclusive and diverse culture is core to Diageo’s purpose of “celebrating life every day everywhere”. This purpose is, in itself, inclusive in nature, as it values everybody irrespective of background, disability, religion, gender identity, sexuality or ethnicity.
We know that for our business to thrive and for Diageo to realize its ambition, we depend on having diverse talent with a range of backgrounds, skills and capabilities in each of the 180 countries in which we operate and to reflect our broad consumer base. We view diversity as one of the key enablers that helps is to grow and our values, purpose and standards set the conditions for us to respect the unique contribution each person brings