Global Media Content Lead, Open to flexible working
Diageo is the world’s leading premium drinks company with an outstanding collection of brands, such as Johnnie Walker, Smirnoff, Baileys, Captain Morgan, Tanqueray and Guinness. With over 200 brands in 180 countries and a global network of entrepreneurial individuals, our teams blend a diverse range of experience, knowledge and skills. We connect customers and consumers to our iconic products and create innovative experiences that bring people together to celebrate life.
About the role:
At Diageo, we aim to be the best brand builders in the world, combining the magic of Diageo’s creativity with the power of digital, data and tech to carve out an industry-renowned position as leaders in creativity with precision.
This is an exciting opportunity for a leader who is creative and data-driven in equal measures, to fill a core role in our global team, leading the strategy and roadmap that will enable all our brands across the globe to deliver impactful, effective content across their bought, owned and earned media.
We are looking for someone who has a strong understanding of digital content best practices, and supporting technology and production techniques, and can talk comfortably with internal and external teams across all aspects of their digital content:
You will act as a trusted advisor across the company – in markets and centrally – driving a proven impact on our creative effectiveness. Unlock faster share growth for Diageo’s full portfolio of brands, by identifying the content gaps and opportunities in the consumer purchase journey - from aware to transact, on their terms. Grow our global content capabilities, building and delivering a strategy that enables Diageo to win with different consumers, across different channels and geographies, with greatest efficiency. Being able to embed the right operational model, so we drive repeatable, scaled best practice content across our organization globally
You will need to not only collaborate, but also inspire and direct in a cross-functional capability, working with the global brand teams, market teams, Procurement, Omnichannel COE and internal and external colleagues across Digital Data & Technology to deliver industry best practices.
The core responsibilities of the role are to:
- Be the go-to point of contact for audience-first creative strategies, ensuring consumer insights and the right data powers content creation.
- Focusing in particular (but not exclusively) on core channels of digital media, search and retail, ensure the right asset gets made every time, via global principles for content fit for purpose- strategy, channel, audience and geography,
- Evolve our operational model, in global brand teams and in markets, to leverage smart creative techniques. Partner closely with our Digital product team to deliver the right content automation techniques.
- Drive a culture of constant testing and learning to optimize consumer journeys with relevant content, seeking to improve conversion across all devices and for all consumer journeys. Also testing new content creation models to enable this.
- Take ownership of ensuring our Progressive Portrayal goals – driving full representation of society in our content – are delivered in full in digital, and identify ways to expand on current work to ensure Diageo’s ambition to champion inclusion and diversity is delivered to its fullest.
- Collaborate with the Director, Digital M&E to ensure that the required reporting and analytics are in place to facilitate full evaluation of all campaigns and test programmes.
- Experience at a senior level in digital content. You can demonstrate how you have embedded new digital content techniques and operational models, driving growth at scale across a business.
- A comprehensive record of ‘full-funnel’ work, including significant experience in content across search, biddable and e-Commerce.
- Excellent verbal and written communication, can simplify the complex in a simple, straight-forward, persuasive way.
- Can seamlessly lead multiple projects simultaneously, while being very meticulous
- Ability to influence, persuade and lead broader teams
This is key to success in our business and many of our staff work flexibly in many different ways, including part-time and compressed hours. Please talk to us about what flexibility means to you and don’t let anything stop you from applying.
Celebrating our inclusive and diverse culture is core to Diageo’s purpose of “celebrating life every day everywhere”. This purpose is, in itself, inclusive in nature, as it values everybody irrespective of background, disability, religion, gender identity, sexuality or ethnicity.
We know that for our business to thrive and for Diageo to realize its ambition, we depend on having diverse talent with a range of backgrounds, skills and capabilities in each of the 180 countries in which we operate and to reflect our broad consumer base. We view diversity as one of the key enablers that helps our business to grow and our values, purpose and standards set the conditions for us to respect the unique contribution each person brings.