Global CRM Lead, Open to flexible working
Diageo is the world’s leading premium drinks company with an outstanding collection of brands, such as Johnnie Walker, Smirnoff, Baileys, Captain Morgan, Tanqueray and Guinness. With over 200 brands in 180 countries and a global network of entrepreneurial individuals, our teams blend a diverse range of experience, knowledge and skills. We connect customers and consumers to our iconic products and create innovative experiences that bring people together to celebrate life.
About the role:
We are looking for a strategic leader to reshape the way we engage with consumers who trust us with their data. This person will lead the building of world-class consumer and customer relationship marketing capabilities, establishing our consumer data quantity and quality standards and growth targets, universal principles built from best practices validated locally, and the operating mix of expertise and technology necessary for scale. The ideal candidate has both strategic and hands-on keyboard experience in lead generation, email marketing, audience segmentation, cohort analysis, and marketing automation tools.
Establish the global CRM capability with key responsibilities of:
- Growing our global consumer database in quality (data points/profile) and quantity (profiles)
- Proving universal principles and benchmarks of CRM through local best practice testing, creating and connecting a global network of CRM managers to share this.
- Disseminate digital analytics for various audiences including Executives, brand marketing teams, and other global business partners.
- Hiring and mentoring a team of CRM specialists to sit within regional hubs to service markets
- Define service model and required resourcing to integrate CRM capability into regional hubs
- Piloting the centralization of CRM communication production and delivery, then scaling globally
- Taking business ownership of the Salesforce Marketing Cloud platform rollout and benefits
- Delivering data consistency and connectivity and providing guidance to set rules and best practices to ensure appropriate and uniform data collection, storage, tagging, and analysis
- Ensuring compliance to existing and evolving consumer data protection requirements
- This role needs a business leader who brings expertise in CRM and an understanding of how it fits into the broader marketing organization. We are looking for someone who will both drive thought leadership and turn strategy into action.
- The output of this role’s work will require organizational change. This leader will need to inspire, challenge, and collaborate globally and cross-functionally. Experience/exposure to varied markets, to build on commonalities, not differences.
- A leader as a teacher: able to drive functional CRM capabilities into the broader consumer and customer marketing teams.
- Simplifying complexity and codifying best practices.
- Ability to lead through others and bring out the best in partners
- At least 5+ years of experience in CRM; preferably directly handling CRM (email and SMS) for a major consumer packaged goods or alcoholic sector.
- Deep understanding of the digital marketing consumer journey, including the role of media, websites, transaction platforms, and personalization.
- Experience in using CRM tools (Klaviyo and Salesforce a plus)
- Experience with a CDP as part of a marketing automation platform
- A strong advocate for the consumer experience
Celebrating our inclusive and diverse culture is core to Diageo’s purpose of “celebrating life every day everywhere”. This purpose is, in itself, inclusive in nature, as it values everybody irrespective of background, disability, religion, gender identity, sexuality or ethnicity.
We know that for our business to thrive and for Diageo to realize its ambition, we depend on having diverse talent with a range of backgrounds, skills and capabilities in each of the 180 countries in which we operate and to reflect our broad consumer base. We view diversity as one of the key enablers that helps our business to grow and our values, purpose and standards set the conditions for us to respect the unique contribution each person brings.