Manager - Wealth & Private Banking, Technology - Open to flexible working
Do you want to help drive and transform the technology and data landscape for the world’s top Wealth managers and Private Banks.
This role offers the opportunity to analyse, design, recommend and implement technology solutions for the full spectrum of products and functions across both wealth ranging from Financial Planning, CRM, Digital Advisory tools, Portfolio Management systems and Custody and Operations platforms. With our deep industry know-how, we help transform the back-, middle- and front-office operations of the world’s top Wealth Managers. Our insights into data and analytics, emerging technologies and platforms and how the wealth management & Private banking industries are evolving mean that we are at the heart of change with our clients, including by: -
- Driving front-to-back business transformation, including assessing, selecting and implementing market leading vendor solution platforms such as Avaloq, Temenos, FNZ, SEI, Pershing, SS&C, Objectway, IRESS, Salesforce, Microsoft Dynamics and InvestCloud
- Identifying how new technologies such as Robotic Process Automation and Intelligent Automation can reduce cost and improve efficiency
- Leading technology change programmes, including application architecture review and simplification
- Target Operating Model design and implementation
- Regulatory driven change (including client and regulatory compliance)
- Large scale project and programme management
Your key responsibilities
As a Manager you will be: -
- Delivering a diverse range of client assignments, often managing diverse, multi-disciplined EY project teams
- Developing thought leadership and building EY solutions and methods
- Identifying opportunities for new business and supporting bid teams with proposals
- Developing strong trusted advisor relationships with our clients
- Improving the productivity of the Wealth and Asset Management Technology Consulting team through Knowledge Management collaboration and teambuilding
- Supporting EY practice and people development through activities such as recruitment, mentoring and counsellor programmes
Skills and attributes for success
- A high level of drive and commitment to delivering high quality work under pressure to meet tight deadlines
- Being a supportive team player who actively develops relationships and is eager to share knowledge with EY colleagues and our clients
- A structured approach to problem solving
- The ability to learn new subject matter rapidly and a desire to develop a deep understanding the trends and challenges shaping Wealth & Asset Management and Technology
- Flexibility in approach, willingness to adapt quickly and initiative when working in unstructured environments with limited supervision
To qualify for the role you must have
- Wealth & Private Banking industry, gained through experience working within the industry, a top tier consultancy (Big 4, IBM, Accenture etc..), a specialist financial services consultancy, or a Wealth Management technology or service provider
- Demonstrated ability to manage a team of technology advisors focussing on projects for Wealth, Asset or Investment Management clients
- Experience of developing sales collateral such as proposal responses
- Technology skills across architecture, IT operating model design/cost reduction or experience of major package selection/service implementation (with any of the following systems and platforms: Avaloq, Temenos, FNZ, SEI, Pershing, SS&C, Objectway, IRESS, Salesforce, Microsoft Dynamics and InvestCloud.
- Good appreciation of current market trends in the Wealth & Private Banking product areas and an appreciation of the end-to-end process flows and functional areas of Wealth & Private Banking organisations.
Ideally, you’ll also have
- Industry recognised business, finance, IT or project management qualifications such as PMP, PRINCE 2, Agile, Lean Six Sigma, BPR, CIMA or CFA
- A good understanding of one or more of the following: Buy-Side front and middle office, risk, compliance, advice and financial planning, Operations, Portfolio Management, Mortgages, Underwriting, Credit & Lending
- A good understanding of the end-to-end process flows and functional areas of Wealth & Private Banking participants
What we look for
Whether your background is from Technology, the Wealth & Private Banking industry, from consulting or from a vendor, we’re looking for managers that are keen, dynamic and flexible – who enjoy a variety of challenges and who offer different experiences and diverse insights.
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, we offer:
- Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and consulting services, we’re using the finance products, expertise and systems we’ve developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Join us in building a better working world.
Who we are
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance
Please note: Prior to finalizing your application, you will be asked to provide personal information across several dimensions of diversity and inclusiveness. The information you provide is kept entirely confidential and will not be used to evaluate your candidacy. We collect this data to help us analyse our recruitment process holistically and implement actions that promote diversity and inclusiveness. While optional, we encourage you to provide this information to hold us accountable towards our goal of building a better working world. We ask because it matters!