Software Engineer (.NET) - Open to flexible working
3 days left
- Contract Type
LBG is on a mission to build the bank of the future, and we need your help to do it! Continuing our extensive transformation programme, we're redefining what a bank is from the inside out. Our technology, our culture, and our mind-set is changing to craft a true engineering-led organisation.
Commercial Banking division has a rich heritage of supporting businesses and the economic prosperity of the nation, primarily focused on UK businesses and those with strong links to the UK. We provide customers with the support they need to help them grow, manage risk and enhance efficiency. And we continue to invest in our relationship teams and deepen our product expertise to ensure we deliver first class service We're looking to recruit a Software Engineer to drive the development and maintenance of reliable, scalable and functionally rich software solutions for clients and colleagues alike.
Become part of our diverse team, and you'll experience a rare opportunity to make a difference to the lives of millions through our brands like Bank of Scotland and Lloyds Bank (among others).
What you'll do
We believe that people don't fit neatly into roles, and we value everyone's individual skills, experience, and knowledge!
What follows is what you might find our Software Engineer mostly doing, but your experience will flex depending on the team's needs, and your own aspirations. Our objective is to grow and create an environment where you can do what you enjoy.
- Maintaining a focus on reducing risk and building confidence in the team through the quality of our software solutions
- Ensuring Engineering is conducted in a way which is consistent with the Group's Transformation Principles and Practices
- Ensuring your area of responsibility is aligned with overall engineering strategies and transformation, pushing boundaries and seeking opportunities to improve
- Open to new "thought processes" and Change mind-set, bring in new ways of working/innovative and creative ways of delivering software
What we would like to see in you:
- You'll have experience in using and adopting a wide range of engineering practices and tools
- You'll have experience of coaching others
- You'll have a good level of technical maturity and be familiar with cloud-based tech with a firm grasp of emerging technologies
We're specifically looking for these skills:
- 5 years + commercial experience with .NET Framework and/or .NET Core.
- Web services experience using ASP.NET.
- Good working knowledge of SQL, preferably using SQL Server.
- Familiar working across the entire application stack.
- An improvement driven approach to software engineering with a passion for enhancing the way we deliver software at the same time as software delivery itself.
In addition the following skills are desirable, but not essential:
- Cloud experience e.g. GCP, Azure
- Experience migrating applications to new platforms;
We deeply value diversity, and are proudly committed to being an equal opportunity employer.
If this is you, come and join our inclusive, values-led culture passionate about making a difference.
So what can we offer you in return?
Whatever your aspiration, you can also expect excellent benefits, personal development and a career that's enriching and full of opportunity.
You'll also receive a package that includes:
- Discretionary bonus
- Cash sum of 4% which you can exchange for a variety of benefits or simply take the cash
- Private Medical Insurance
- Pension, where we'll give up to a max of 15%
- Share plans
- 30 days holiday plus bank holidays
Are you interested in joining us? Apply today, we'd love to hear from you...
Together we'll make it possible...