Cloud Software Engineer Lead - Open to flexible working
6 days left
- Contract Type
We're the Risk Value Stream (RVS) at Lloyds Banking Group, supporting the Risk Division by delivering Risk Transformation across five pillars and 20 initiatives.
As we follow the Agile Project Methodology, our initiatives are typically led by Product Owners and Engineering Leads who work with their Scrum Masters, Business and Data Analysts and various Engineering colleagues to deliver our agreed outcomes. We're a dynamic bunch of people who love what we do, and we believe in working collaboratively.
Our team in Risk Value Stream is passionate about crafting new services for our customers that transform the customer and colleague experience. Our culture brings together inquisitive, hardworking, people from a diverse group of backgrounds that enjoy a collaborative and innovative environment that supports flexible and agile working.
We're looking for an experienced Lead Cloud Software Engineer to join our team as we collaboratively shape our future risk transformation journeys.
About the role
As an active and leading member of a cloud-focused team of engineers - working on one of the Group's flagships projects to deliver a strategic platform on Google Cloud Platform (GCP) that will enable the business to realise the next generation of services that form the Bank's vision for 2020 and beyond.
As a Lead Cloud Engineer with strong hands-on development experience, you'll be a trusted partner in the team, and you'll lead in shaping and influencing our design and direction of the team's work.
What you'd get involved with:
- Driving identification of opportunities for and delivery of enterprise-class automated solutions
- Identifies shortcomings and opportunities, including use cases for new features and cloud products, then suggests and implements improvements to existing business practices
- Analyses and evaluates the feasibility/relevance of proposals for complex products/services, then develops and amends as necessary
- Analyses, integration and build of data solutions for risk
What's needed to be considered for this job?
- Experience with a broad set of cloud and Google Cloud (GCP) services or any other cloud technologies
- Hands on experience in working with a set database technology both cloud and legacy
- Ability to write scripts in the following languages: BASH, Python, Groovy
- Delivered platforms based on the principles of Infrastructure as Code: Terraform
- Recent experience using Kubernetes
- A solid understanding of Cloud Security
- Hands on coding background
- Recent practical experience using Google SDK to deliver APIs + automation
- Pipeline + automation: Understanding of Jenkins and how to extend it
- GCP Professional Cloud Engineer (Professional Cloud DevOps Engineer; Professional Cloud Network Engineer; Professional Cloud Security Engineer) is a nice to have
Together we make it possible.
A role within our team will provide the chance to work flexibly from working full time, part time or compressed hours. Our learning culture is important, and we'll continuously strive to improve your knowledge and skills in the role. We'll take your personal and professional development very seriously and enable you to make a positive difference to the overall teams' mission.
We're happy to consider options other than 9-to-5 office-based work!
We're an equal opportunity employer and deeply value diversity within our organisation.
Furthermore, we'll ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process and to perform essential job functions.
What we can offer you:
In addition to a competitive salary, we offer a great package that includes a 4% flexible benefit (take a cash-sum / paid with salary, a variable discretionary bonus reward, generous 15% pension contribution, 30 days holidays plus bank holidays, private medical as well as access to a range of share schemes and financial products!
Does this sound like you?
If so, then please get in touch, we'd love to hear from you. In return for bringing us your passion and engagement, we're offering a strong platform to fulfil your career potential whatever your aspirations may be. You'll be welcomed into a dedicated team known for developing talent, and who care deeply about their work and the impact it has on colleagues and customers.